Wiki Posts
Search

LRP nitro motors

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by burito
@fathead: glad to hear you like our engines, thanks for the positive comments. You've the same experience as we had...

I'm here to help if you've any questions.
Hey Reto. I need help!
You didn't answer to me!!!!
Old 01-18-2005, 11:44 PM
Tech Addict

@bennylee: so far our line of nitro engines is unfortunately not distibuted in the US, we work on some solution but nothing is done. Only places to get our engines are online-shops in Asia or Europe.

@tg777: must have missed your question... how can I be of assistance for you?
Old 01-19-2005, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

@bennylee: so far our line of nitro engines is unfortunately not distibuted in the US, we work on some solution but nothing is done. Only places to get our engines are online-shops in Asia or Europe.

@tg777: must have missed your question... how can I be of assistance for you?
How can I get hold of one of your engines? I want to experiment with it, but can't find one.
Edward
Old 01-19-2005, 08:01 AM
Tech Addict

@tg777: drop me an email, we can sort that out. no problem!
Old 01-21-2005, 03:07 AM
Tech Addict

burito

I was going to do some experimentation on my exhaust header length and was wondering if the motor likes a long or short pipe?

I am currently using the standard AE header and single chamber pipe that came with my NTC3

I have some 2-stroke tuning software that allows me to design and compare different pipes but I haven't had the time to strip the motor right down and measure everything so that I can try some pipe configurations.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:23 AM
Tech Addict

@fathead: we achieved best results in the NTC3 when we ran the dual-chamber pipe with a header which is cut by 10mm!

Also there's a new, shorter version, of the associated dual chamber pipe coming which was in use at the worlds in brasil. not sure when it's going to be released tough, but our engine liked this pipe a lot since it already has very good bottom end and therefore doesn't require a very long pipe!

but you'll be ok with the normal dual-chamber pipe and the cut header. that's the combination our drivers use also.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

@fathead: we achieved best results in the NTC3 when we ran the dual-chamber pipe with a header which is cut by 10mm!

Also there's a new, shorter version, of the associated dual chamber pipe coming which was in use at the worlds in brasil. not sure when it's going to be released tough, but our engine liked this pipe a lot since it already has very good bottom end and therefore doesn't require a very long pipe!

but you'll be ok with the normal dual-chamber pipe and the cut header. that's the combination our drivers use also.
Thank you
Old 03-06-2005, 03:57 PM
B4
Tech Addict

Default Small issues

Hi,

Got my Z 12R Team engine on Saturday and I'm very very happy with it. However I do have some issues in relation to quality control.

The two pieces that hold the carb in one is supposed to be threaded, both of mine came unthreaded.

The spacing of the mounting holes on the block are not the correct standard. When i tried to mount the engine to my one piece engine block on my Serpent 710 the holes do not line up left to right. Front to back are ok. I had to mill out the holes 1mm towards the outside on both sides of the engine.

Perhaps one other thing I would like to see is some LRP Nitro stickers in the box.

Simon
Old 03-06-2005, 06:43 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Small issues

Originally posted by B4
The spacing of the mounting holes on the block are not the correct standard. When i tried to mount the engine to my one piece engine block on my Serpent 710 the holes do not line up left to right. Front to back are ok. I had to mill out the holes 1mm towards the outside on both sides of the engine.
Hi Simon, is your Serpent one piece engine mount meant for Picco based engines? Since I read that the LRP engine is Picco based, you should need the Serpent one piece engine meant for Picco based engines (802553)which they also use for their Picco based Mega engines. I would think they would line up correctly with these one piece engine mounts. Just thought you should know...
Old 03-06-2005, 07:08 PM
B4
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Small issues

Originally posted by InitialD
Hi Simon, is your Serpent one piece engine mount meant for Picco based engines? Since I read that the LRP engine is Picco based, you should need the Serpent one piece engine meant for Picco based engines (802553)which they also use for their Picco based Mega engines. I would think they would line up correctly with these one piece engine mounts. Just thought you should know...
Now don't i feel stupid for not checking to see if there was a different engine monoblock.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:43 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Small issues

Originally posted by B4
Now don't i feel stupid for not checking to see if there was a different engine monoblock.
No worries mate. I would have made the same mistake too since I just read about the LRP being Picco based. But then, nobody gave me a free Mega or an LRP engine to test... That is why I did not make that mistake.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:23 AM
Tech Addict

@b4: glad to hear you like the engine and sorry about the carb mounting issue. Did you already sort this out? If not, I'm sure your LHS or the LRP-distributer can take care of this. It should happen, but at the end the guys (or ladies...) which pack those little bags are also only humans...

I actually never experienced any issues with any engine mounts and would have thought that all engines have the same pattern, but obviously there are small differences!

Let me know if I can help with anything...

Reto/LRP
Old 03-08-2005, 12:10 PM
B4
Tech Addict

@b4: glad to hear you like the engine and sorry about the carb mounting issue. Did you already sort this out? If not, I'm sure your LHS or the LRP-distributer can take care of this. It should happen, but at the end the guys (or ladies...) which pack those little bags are also only humans...
Want back to the LHS which is also the Australian distributor and they gladly replaced with the correct part.

I actually never experienced any issues with any engine mounts and would have thought that all engines have the same pattern, but obviously there are small differences!
I have since found out that there is a different engine mount available from Serpent for using Mega/Picco based engines. Not needed now as I have it securely mounted.

Let me know if I can help with anything...

Reto/LRP
Old 03-08-2005, 01:01 PM
Tech Addict

@b4: good to hear our distributer offered quick service. seems like we're taking over australia...
simon nicholson, who recently joined us, was also extremely happy with the engines performance and reliabilty and did very well at the Sidney GP. Well, he won... .
Old 03-08-2005, 08:51 PM
B4
Tech Addict

@b4: good to hear our distributer offered quick service. seems like we're taking over australia...
simon nicholson, who recently joined us, was also extremely happy with the engines performance and reliabilty and did very well at the Sidney GP. Well, he won... .
Yes they did look after me thanks.
Simon Nicholson is running your LRP but i'm sure it came directly from you with some modifications after all you do want a team driver to have additional HP.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.