R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-23-2009, 10:20 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 63
Default which 12 engine have most powerful top end speed?

which 12 engine have most powerful top end speed?

At least faster than spec2 in top end speed


i wanna change a new one,

thanks
kakluote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:59 AM   #2
Tech Regular
 
Gonzo RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 367
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

IMO the Max Power XXL3 that's the fastest engine I have ran so far (LEGAL)

__________________
Xray NT1 '08 /'09 EC LRP12R / Serpent 720 '08 RB Concept V12, R3 RB mods, V12 Rody, Matrix RW / Serpent 733, 733TE RB T9 / EA RC8T OS .21 Vspec speed tuned / Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 / EA SC10 / Serpent Cobra GT coming soon!
Gonzo RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:56 PM   #3
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 600
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Jp eagle.12

I would have to say the jp eagle tl3t has the most top end of any .12, but lacks bottomend. I would say the Murnan modified rbm3 is the most balanced .12 on the market in terms of bottomend, topend, and runtime.
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:16 PM   #4
Tech Apprentice
 
Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bruckner, New York
Posts: 99
Default

OS 12XZ SPEED will pass the Eagle in a straightaway like a bullet...
Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:41 PM   #5
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 600
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android View Post
OS 12XZ SPEED will pass the Eagle in a straightaway like a bullet...
The jp eagle holds the top speed record at 301 raceway 66 mph and we have seen every motor on the market. Piccos and os motors are fast but they have to be geared high to reach the speeds of the novarossi powerplants. For example on my most .12 motors need a 23t,24t pinion so the motor will keep pulling down the back straight. I used a 22t second gear pinion and the motor is still pulling down the back straight. By the way if the eagle tl3t can reach 66mph with a 22t pinion what do you think it could do with a 24t at a track in lostallo. By the way my Murnan modified 353 tuned 08 motor will smoke the doors of your os speed
.12. if you don't trust me I have a Jp tl3t eagle with full ceramic bearings that I will sell you so you can test it your self.
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 04:38 PM   #6
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

If you only want top end get a drag racing engine from Murnan.
If you want a fast engine get a RB R3 RC or murnan version.

First i had the modded eagle, because I thought it was going to be a good engine but i was really amazed by the total lack of power it had.
I threw it in the sparebox and replaced it with a JP p3l modded, this was way faster.
After the p3l broke I bought a RB R3 RC, never had such a great and fast engine. Will be buying RB from now on, the RC version or maybe one from Murnan if i can find a bit more cash.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:31 PM   #7
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 63
Default

thanks all of your reply

it looks like no one mentioned Nova 353 09.........
kakluote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:40 PM   #8
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,161
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakluote View Post
which 12 engine have most powerful top end speed?

At least faster than spec2 in top end speed


i wanna change a new one,

thanks
Contact Murnan Modifed
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:56 PM   #9
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 727
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboShop View Post
The jp eagle holds the top speed record at 301 raceway 66 mph and we have seen every motor on the market. Piccos and os motors are fast but they have to be geared high to reach the speeds of the novarossi powerplants. For example on my most .12 motors need a 23t,24t pinion so the motor will keep pulling down the back straight. I used a 22t second gear pinion and the motor is still pulling down the back straight. By the way if the eagle tl3t can reach 66mph with a 22t pinion what do you think it could do with a 24t at a track in lostallo. By the way my Murnan modified 353 tuned 08 motor will smoke the doors of your os speed
.12. if you don't trust me I have a Jp tl3t eagle with full ceramic bearings that I will sell you so you can test it your self.
No way! I have seen OS 12 XZ multiple times. It is by far the fastest engine. 353 09 is not even in its league. JP's problem is very hard to tune right.
silverM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:33 PM   #10
Tech Master
 
KWT-NITRO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 1,616
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

i have a Nova M353R from Murnan Modified Motors, by far, its the fastest motor i owned or seen and people say that the RB M3 is even faster.

JP is out of business BTW

cheers

Ali
__________________
Team Kuwait, Team Terribles, www.rccck.org
Kuwait National Champion
FEMCA Truggy Finalist & FEMCA Buggy Semi-Finalist
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
KWT-NITRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:00 AM   #11
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO View Post
i have a Nova M353R from Murnan Modified Motors, by far, its the fastest motor i owned or seen and people say that the RB M3 is even faster.

JP is out of business BTW

cheers

Ali

how much is the m353?
kakluote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:33 AM   #12
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 6,274
Send a message via ICQ to Roelof
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboShop View Post
The jp eagle holds the top speed record at 301 raceway 66 mph and we have seen every motor on the market.
Well... then you have the highest speed recorded, how were the laptimes? Most of the time setting high speeds the laptimes are crap.....

And most important question, which pipe and manifold?
If you do not have the right combination with the engine you will not get the speed....
__________________
The quality of an answer comes with the quality of the question.
Roelof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:53 AM   #13
Tech Addict
 
Michael P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 640
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

this is a useless kinda question to be honest its like comparing every ones wieners every ones different and so is every motors different you can buy 10 novarossi, piccos, sirios, ect and all of them will be different and 1 or 2 out of the 10 will be really fast
Michael P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 04:02 AM   #14
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO View Post
i have a Nova M353R from Murnan Modified Motors, by far, its the fastest motor i owned or seen and people say that the RB M3 is even faster.

JP is out of business BTW

cheers

Ali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
this is a useless kinda question to be honest its like comparing every ones wieners every ones different and so is every motors different you can buy 10 novarossi, piccos, sirios, ect and all of them will be different and 1 or 2 out of the 10 will be really fast

At least , it lets know more about the good engine..............

beyond my knowledge

also you can see this thread got lots of update in One day
kakluote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 04:39 AM   #15
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 6,274
Send a message via ICQ to Roelof
Default

If speed is an issue then it seems to me that a .18 can be used as well like the OS 18TZ
__________________
The quality of an answer comes with the quality of the question.
Roelof is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
R/C Stuff Selling Kenneth Tan Singapore R/C Racers 45728 09-09-2009 08:19 AM
Buying engine what shold i buy?? driftkingz Nitro On-Road 44 08-08-2007 04:20 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:10 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net