R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 06-27-2004, 05:11 AM   #301
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default moe motor !

hey dennis waz-up!
saw brad and tinman testing after sat. qualifing at the o'donnells
looked really really good .i hope thats the one that goes into production .
isuzuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 11:08 PM   #302
Tech Master

Grand Gixer that is the plan. It is to be competitive with the NS 12 S3A1. However we have some issues we need to solve surrounding materials. I'm certainly not putting my name on an engine I am not satisfied with. It has to be an engine I am willing to take out of the box place in my cars and go racing with or I won't have any part of it. It must be built to my specs from a materials, engineering, finish and durability perspective regardless of who the producer is. It must perform at the Novarossi level as they are the benchmark. Its proving to be a significant challenge but we will get there. Novarossi has significant years and fixed resources on us we are just having to get creative. I also don't want it to bust the bank when you buy it another significant hurdle. However I believe its possible and I have a plan.

Isuzu guy hows things yes Brad was testing two engines with one significant difference between them inside. One ran good one ran poor which verified my concern. I now know where to go with a materials change. I know he ran the good one in the main but I heard they missed the tune up and overheated it on the first fuel stop. I understand he struggled with fuel mileage with the novarossi's in qualifying. Our new 710 clutch works good but it beats up the fuel mileage because it hooks up so hard.
Old 06-27-2004, 11:58 PM   #303
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I just dont want to see you give up on your motor like o'donnel did with his. from what I heard his had some real promise but I guess he ran out of money or patience, perhaps both. I would like to see the ritchey engine become a reality. I would also like to see one in my car.
GrandeGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 07:10 PM   #304
Tech Addict

Dennis,

I lost your number, but I sent you a couple of emails. Let me know if you got them.

Tommy
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 10:00 PM   #305
Tech Master

gixxer
Money aint an issue
Paitence that is tough. LOL

Tommy you GM
Old 07-01-2004, 10:04 PM   #306
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

o'donnell as well as associated are all pretty much tired of dealing with thunder tiger and thus the flop of the engine.
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 02:33 PM   #307
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Very interesting

Serpent partners up with Picco for new MEGA engines project
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 08:45 PM   #308
Tech Elite

i thought dennis built all of team serpents motors using novarossi buildups?
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 03:35 AM   #309
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman

Quote:
Originally posted by tallyrc
doent Salven build the serpant engines??? hence the ms versions!!
and mega ARE rossi based
Old 07-08-2004, 01:30 PM   #310
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default NO

Quote:
Originally posted by tallyrc
Dennis does not do motors for Serpent. He does do motors for me, Most of Serpent run Nova Mega motors currently. I am sure all of the 100% guys will surely be running Picco Megas very soon.
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 06:52 AM   #311
Tech Addict

Default power to the people!!

saw the rd logics motor testing thursday,they have a winner !!!
out the box no mods eight tanks through the motor the car was undergeared most of the day and it turned the same lap times as the drivers rex rer mod race 12 motor ,then later they geared up
and dropped the times even further . the motors power curve is
wide and very smooth.it doesn't look fast or ballistic ,but the laptimes don't lie.(the motor has less then a half a gallon through it) !!geez!!move over nova there's a new motor in town!
isuzuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 08:04 AM   #312
Tech Master

Dennis,

are you going to the MWS race this weekend in Mentor, OH? I look forward to seeing your engines in competition. I missed the race last year, but I'm leaving this afternoon for qualifying tomorrow morning.

my driving skills still are not quite up to handling my NS12S3A1. i look forward to learning from "the pro's".
cdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 10:24 AM   #313
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: power to the people!!

Quote:
Originally posted by isuzuguy
saw the rd logics motor testing thursday,they have a winner !!!
out the box no mods eight tanks through the motor the car was undergeared most of the day and it turned the same lap times as the drivers rex rer mod race 12 motor ,then later they geared up
and dropped the times even further . the motors power curve is
wide and very smooth.it doesn't look fast or ballistic ,but the laptimes don't lie.(the motor has less then a half a gallon through it) !!geez!!move over nova there's a new motor in town!
Leo V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 07:04 AM   #314
Tech Elite

I saw that engine yesterday on Revelation and even I saw it diassembled and can tell you very nice engine and very well dsigned. My opinion-it is worthe every single penny on it's price. I saw lap time, not one, consistant)- it will be big competitor for many brands.
Keep it up Dennice, I know a lot of people will apretiate your work.
Edward
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 11:42 AM   #315
Tech Master

The initial production run is ordered. we expect the first 500 to hit the us shores at the end of august. The first official race for the engine will be the Great Lakes Challenge at the end of July.
We ran two production motors in back to back tests and they turn the numbers. we used a modified Rex RER as a comparison motor and this motor made the A main at the Odonnel race a few weeks ago. The lap times were identical with the same gearing. The engine wants to be geared slightly higher though as it is very torquey. It does not sound like it revs that hard (its an illusion it just sounds different) but it turns the numbers over and over motor to motor. The motor gets happy at 255 degrees and runs a solid 6 minutes on a tank.

The EFRA Euro version will follow two months later as it has different specs (different crank different timing)as will a standard crank rotary carb version and a multi port outlaw.

Street retail will be under 200 dollars as promised. As soon as I get the art from the phototographer I will post a picture. as soon as the motors become available RD will put it up on the site and Richey Racing Engines will update our site and officially open it for product support. I appreciate everyones support as this 3 year endeavor has occured

Thanks Brad for all the years of sticking by me when things got grim.
Thanks Leo for all the test time last week
Thanks to all of you who have supported us over the years we hope to bring you many new things in the next year. Not just engines and pipes.
Ed was nice to talk with you again.
Isuzuguy always a pleasure PS we ran the second motor saturday as Leo felt he needed a reality check (numbers don't lie)and it ran even better than the first one. Leo accused me of working on the inside of it but I didn't.

Regards
Dennis Richey
Richey Racing Engines by RD Logics

Last edited by Motorman; 07-11-2004 at 08:56 PM.
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote