R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 01-21-2004, 07:24 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Is there a gasket between the 2 pieces....top and bottom? Maybe I should go to the Wnats just to be part of it.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:35 PM   #32
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine
Default Performance

From what I have been reading from people Edward has helped his motors will be on the $ and fast as SHIP!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2004, 09:06 PM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Edward my hats off to ya. nice piece of work I wish you well.

Nope won't be attending the nats. I will be attending the texas biggie and the sedan nationals.
Engine parts are still being processed and tested. I am in no hurry to rush it out till I'm satisfied.
There may be a few of my Nova modfieds that show their faces at the nats. I can tell you Swager and a few others have access to them. I have no Idea what they will actually run.
Dennis
Old 01-21-2004, 09:13 PM   #34
Tech Master

Quote:
We spent all that time to bring power from the box.
This is exactly why our engine has not been released yet. Power from the box unmodded. Nothing else will do.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:38 PM   #35
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Palmaris engine thread

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Finaly I proud to introduce to you guys my new engine.
Palmaris PS 12.
Congrats TG !

Now I know what you mean when you were telling me your engine will be a completely different design from the current ones.I hope to hear more soon especially about performance on the track and maybe design.

Good luck at the winternats,hope you do well !
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 03:42 AM   #36
Tech Elite

Nice work. I really am impressed with what you have done here. Will be more impressed once I hear some reports on performance!
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 06:50 AM   #37
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorman
Edward my hats off to ya. nice piece of work I wish you well.

Nope won't be attending the nats. I will be attending the texas biggie and the sedan nationals.
Engine parts are still being processed and tested. I am in no hurry to rush it out till I'm satisfied.
There may be a few of my Nova modfieds that show their faces at the nats. I can tell you Swager and a few others have access to them. I have no Idea what they will actually run.
Dennis
Heyhey! Glad to see someone knows about the TX Biggie! It'll be a great race in Fort Worth. They're working on a huge permanent track that should make for a great show. (shameless plug #1 There will be some Palmaris Racing representation too! (shameless plug #2 Hope to see more heavy hitters this year!
Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 08:02 AM   #38
Nitro Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by Surge
Heyhey! Glad to see someone knows about the TX Biggie! It'll be a great race in Fort Worth. They're working on a huge permanent track that should make for a great show. (shameless plug #1 There will be some Palmaris Racing representation too! (shameless plug #2 Hope to see more heavy hitters this year!
Heard that everything is BIG in Texas,is that true?
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 08:30 AM   #39
Tech Elite

Default Thanks to everybody!!!!!!!

I want to thanks to everybody for your understanding and liking what we have made-Motorman, Data, Evolution, Dino, AMGracer, Punisher, PIT-racer, Cors-R and everybody else.
It is very sad Dennis you will not be able to attend Winternats, it will be very interesting to dicuse in person engines desings and look what can be done to go further. But I know for sure there will be people with whom we all will get together and get some forum about it.
I can open some details doors what is done on PS12, but for some reason not everything at this point.
All engines will have crnckshaft pin chromed for longer life and less friction.
All engines are AAC construction ( unless we decide to try BRB, but never ABC again).
Cranckcase volume is reduced by 33%.
It is EFRA legal 3 port engine.
Induction timing is way advanced.
Conrod has double lubrication on both ends.
Cranckshaft is 12 mm, rear bearing is 12x21, front bearing is 7x17 (special shilded with snap ring, series UT from Soviet Union military inductry).
Piston material is 27 % Si.
Conrod lenght is long stile
This engine has no any interchangeble parts with any other existing brands ( including head gascket).
Engine has no sleeve-sleeve is actualy the top part of crancase-it casted one piece as sleeve, cooling fins, ports etc. It has special design seal between top and bottom portion of engine.
Shaft design came from issue as dynamic balance, so it even looks little bit weird ( but was tested in the past on other engines and working perfect).
I will try to put some more pics, but not sure if it is realy safe to do it- I want thave as unique design so far.
If any body has more questions, please ask me, I will be happy to answer on them.
Edward
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 08:32 AM   #40
Tech Elite

Default Texas Baggi

Is there on Texas baggi event .12 engine use somewhere on some cars, May be will try to use on baggi to.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:38 AM   #41
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

nicework Edward looking forward to seing one on the track.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:13 AM   #42
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by jwf_frani
nicework Edward looking forward to seing one on the track.
Hi Francis. Thanks for liking it. Talk to Ron please, he saw it yesterday in person, he like it so much. If no rain, I will be at CP or KZ this weekend.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:41 AM   #43
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I cant wait to try it
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 09:42 AM   #44
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: CONGRATULATIONS

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Thanks a lot for liking my design. We realy tryed to achive everything on this device and a lot engineering was done.
Carb offset is for cranck balancing, I am talking about dynamic balancing not static. I think I already mentioned in the past about this.
Forgot to say, it is production engine, everything is ready for mass production, but it will be depend of demand. First 10 engines for team will be arrived in end of February.

Carb for this engine is on the manufacturing process now, but in the pean time we will use Novas carbs. My will be ready sometimes in February.
Yesterday I already put one of the engines on my son's MTX3 with no any modding. When we design engine we took as requirement-it has to fit any car with no modding.
The price range is somewhere between $240-260.
Congratulations!
i have no doubt about this engine performance coz u carefully counting the intake offset.
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 09:48 AM   #45
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: CONGRATULATIONS

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldFinger
Congratulations!
i have no doubt about this engine performance coz u carefully counting the intake offset.
Thanks a lot for congrats.
We never calculate the carb offset, it came there by itself, from other calculations.