Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Palmaris engine thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 07:09 AM
Tech Adept

hi stefan,
the pr12 efra cost in europe 225 gbp , that around 390 usd.
dieter
Old 12-07-2005, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 4racer
hi stefan,
the pr12 efra cost in europe 225 gbp , that around 390 usd.
dieter
Wow,that's cheap, ain't it?
Old 12-08-2005, 02:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darth Vader
Hi Tommi,
I can't follow your needle settings. The PR12 has a different carb. But I want to try it with your pipe. Can I meet you this Sat/Sun?
Maybe you can roughly get the picture how the tune should be from my setting. I'll be joining u guys for night bashing tonight if the weather permits, u can have a try with my pipe then.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:54 AM
Tech Adept

Default Ed

hi Ed,

YGPM.....

cya

philip
Old 12-08-2005, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tommi
Maybe you can roughly get the picture how the tune should be from my setting. I'll be joining u guys for night bashing tonight if the weather permits, u can have a try with my pipe then.
Hi Tommi,

Yesterday's dogfight was good. One of the better sessions I've had in a long time. Too bad Joshua didn't have his 710 ready. Otherwise, it would be a 4-way battle...

Hi Ed and Chris,

The power of the engine is starting to come now. With the same tuning, engine temperature is still dropping after each run. I ran it last night and had to lean it after 1/2 tank coz temp was only at 90C. Managed to get it up to 115C. But subsequent tank, it fell back down to 105C. But this was at night, humidity was high(just after a light rain) and air temp was around 26~28C.

Had a good time running with Tommi who's also running a BRB set.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

HI Ed!

I changed teh front bearing today, it feels a little harsh. I noticed like a canal from the Carb holding area to the front bearing, is this for lubrication??

Also I had too much oil comeoing from the flywheel rear, is that normal??

Also I have to mention that the engine anyways runs great, it will have good power even rich.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi Tommi,

Yesterday's dogfight was good. One of the better sessions I've had in a long time. Too bad Joshua didn't have his 710 ready. Otherwise, it would be a 4-way battle...

Hi Ed and Chris,

The power of the engine is starting to come now. With the same tuning, engine temperature is still dropping after each run. I ran it last night and had to lean it after 1/2 tank coz temp was only at 90C. Managed to get it up to 115C. But subsequent tank, it fell back down to 105C. But this was at night, humidity was high(just after a light rain) and air temp was around 26~28C.

Hey DV, yesterday's sparring was GREAT! It's been a while since my 4-month break, both the car and engine felt great, and it's even better with good company like you guys.

First session with the BRB on a mid-hi-speed track, again...AWESOME! Humidity was way different from our normal daytime bashing, it was after-rain and at night, but the engine held its tune very well with only some slight adjustment. And like what Edgar Millenium mentioned in the previous post (which I couldn't agree more)...the engine still has got some wicked power up its "sleeve" even tho it's running rich! Great stuff Edward, go Palmaris!
Old 12-09-2005, 10:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Ed and Chris,

If temp coming down,sign showing the set is ready for race tune. careful don't just depend temp reading as tunning guild from the first 2 mins. BRB and our Carb takes time ( approx. 2 mins plus)on track.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

Kit:

Just a question......\\\

What gap I should have on the head for 30% ????
Old 12-10-2005, 05:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Edgar Millenium
Kit:

Just a question......\\\

What gap I should have on the head for 30% ????
I am using 0.4mm Odonnel 99T plug and 30%
I will try 0.35mm tomorrow
Old 12-10-2005, 07:18 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

HI Ed!

I changed teh front bearing today, it feels a little harsh. I noticed like a canal from the Carb holding area to the front bearing, is this for lubrication??

Also I had too much oil comeoing from the flywheel rear, is that normal??

Also I have to mention that the engine anyways runs great, it will have good power even rich.
the lubrication system is different from others, so dont worry. if your making runtime w/no loss of power its ok. when u changed the front bearing, did it help?
Old 12-10-2005, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

Cruz:

I haven' tested it yet. BUt it sure help because there where a lot of oil coming front that bearing. Enough to make a mess in that area.

Ill let you know.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

I had the same thing on my PR12 that front leaks, it was a mess too , so Ed suggested to open a "canal" underneath the crab on the crankcase. That fixed the problem but it did took me twice to finally solved the leak. PM me if anyone need to know the details.
Today practice, I saw 4 x PR12 plus my so 5 running so it was really good comparison on performace between different setting.

A guy just breaking in the PR12 with 10% odonnel, everything stock (his engine leak little bit too) man... his engine was like "unbelieveble fast" He had the same 0,4mm head shim using 6mm stinger. Running at 110C after 5 tanks.

Our stock carb do require Warm up, it may stall and sound rich at the beginning, please keep same setting at least 2 mins before retune. Otherwise if you don't have the patience, just use Nova carb. Our carb does have more aggressive power.

Edgar, on the head shim, I tried going from 0.4 to 0.35 and was bad. Getting overheat ( no denation) within 1 lap. Try to richen and speed just dropped right away. Having see that stock PR12 ( I am definitelyt still learning ), I went to 0.45 and power was even better than before.

Today condition , air temp 20C, Humidity 59%, using 30% odonnel.

I will try 0.5 plus and let you guys know result later.

Last edited by kitracer; 12-11-2005 at 07:13 AM.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:57 AM
Tech Regular

Kit:

racing season is over here in Puerto Rico, I will only have time to bench testing only.

I'll wait for your results about the shims.

Thanks
Edgar
Old 12-11-2005, 07:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Kit:

racing season is over here in Puerto Rico, I will only have time to bench testing only.

I'll wait for your results about the shims.

Thanks
Edgar
Then you got to come to HK for the Asia Serpent Tour in mid Jan.
I think ( not confirmed) that MSalven, Max Fantini, and 3 more serpent driver are coming to the race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.