Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Palmaris engine thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

Very exciting this race, I have perfect start in pole position, and leaded one lap through 20 min, but at fourth pit stop, while I go back to the track in pit link, the slippery ground cause me hit the wall, engine stopped, and blow the glow plug, don’t know why…….. Thanks anyway to my super mechanic!
Attached Thumbnails Palmaris engine thread-sercup27a.jpg  
Old 11-29-2005, 12:56 AM
Tech Elite

Hi guys,

I have neither been able to find a picture of the PR12 engine, nor a price range for this engine.

Can anybody help me out here?

Thx.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Final result of the race.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
1-10TCRankAFinalLaps.pdf (187.4 KB, 212 views)
Old 11-29-2005, 03:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Serpent Nitro Tour 2006

http://www.world-model.com/news/ser2006.html

Will be held in Hong Kong
14 and 15th Jan, 2006

All serpent cars are welcome,

Last edited by kitracer; 11-30-2005 at 07:43 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default .12 Mega Picco connecting rods

Edward,

Thanks for the rods for my Mega Picco. Let's see how they hold up at the Toys For Tots race this weekend. See you there.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:16 AM
Tech Regular

Eduard:

Please verify your email. You have 2 messagges from me.

THanks
Edgar
Old 12-01-2005, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edgar Millenium
Eduard:

Please verify your email. You have 2 messagges from me.

THanks
Edgar
Hi Edgar.
I am sorry, I saw one email, but didn't answer on it.
We had on Monday mejor fire on company (textile) where I am working and last couple of days we are working 15-16 hours to clean up mess cause by that disaster. I will be off line at list till Monday-we are planing restart plant on Monday.
Sorry for the delay, but it is out of my control
Edward
Old 12-01-2005, 06:10 AM
Tech Regular

Sorry to hear that. Just wanted to know. Thanks
Old 12-03-2005, 06:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Im sorry to hear the bad news ED
Old 12-06-2005, 12:37 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up THANKS

Just want to say thanks to Palmaris Racing for providing me with the Profi 12 at toys4tots this weekend. Motor ran great with lots of power against all the other motors. MARC
Old 12-06-2005, 02:27 AM
Tech Addict

Firstly, sorry to hear about the fire at your workplace Eduard. Hope there isn't too much damage and it'll be up and running again soon. Fire is always a big risk with textiles.

Secondly, just a little feedback on my PR 12.
Ran 10 tanks through it already. Starting to feel the power com ein, especially at the high end. Low end is still sluggish. Engine temp after running 1/2 a tank is around 115C.
I would like to know how rish should I run the low end. Right now, the low end is at factory setting and is quite rich. If I let the engine idle for around 15seconds, it'll die. Should I lean the low end? or just work on the high end needle?

Cheers.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We are much better now. Most of mess been clean (2500 gallons of caustic soda 50% tank got spill), 90% of machines back to production, total damaged is estimated $...00000. Wors thing was not the fire, it was spill of caustic and there was potentiality of mess goes to storm water drain (ocean), but luckely cleaning company act really fast and nothing went to drain.
Any way, seems like it is over now.
Marc Cruz-you were driving like creasy (we can see it on your lapp time)-goes around shakane on full throtle, goes around swiper on full throtle-it is something can't be seen every day, your car was hooked up absolutly perfectand not even ones wanted push or tracktion roll. Mark you did great job!!!! Big thanks to you.
Darth Vader-it is little bit too rich on buttom, try to lean it about 3 hours.
Edgar-I will take care of you request very shortly
Chris-I heard you already run in your motor on the bench. Please keep me posted of testing on track-we tryed already EFRA version on track, but lack of time push us to stop it. So far was pretty good.
Stefan, Ihave posted pics of PR12 somewhere earlier here n the tread, please look it, if you will not find it, I will send you by email. About pricing, please contact to Geoff Catchpole ([email protected])and he will provide all info.
About connecting rods for Mega engines-they are in production, but because we have too much moving around it will be no earlier then mid of January. AboutP/L sets for Mega/Picco engines-we don't make themand are not planing soon.
Edward
Edward
Old 12-06-2005, 06:17 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Ed:

No problem, I wait, I know that you have been busy.

My engine is running good, but I think that I had to close too much the low end to have good takle off,

ED: do you have any idea of a good set for the neddles?? HS and LS???

Definetly I found that the heat trasnfer on this engine is completly different compared to other engines.

I feel good power, but still leaking trough teh front beraing. I don't know if still rich or is a beraing problem.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi Edward, great to hear that things have gotten better at your side. Just a feedback from my side on the BRB, I had the p/s in a Max Fantini crankcase, had a run last weekend, I just have to say this...the performance is simply AWESOME!! The idling is SWEET, and the power is very handy when needed. I ran it last weekend on a small track, gotta hit the bigger tracks to test out the baby further. All in all, for the moment, I'm impressed with the GEM.

Darth Vader, give the PR12 some more run time, I'm sure the seating of the p/s will only get better. FYI, I checked the needle settings on my engine, it's 4 turns 5 min on the HSN ( ...and it was running around 110 last weekend under the hot sun!), and 2.5 turns on the LSN.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tommi
Hi Edward, great to hear that things have gotten better at your side. Just a feedback from my side on the BRB, I had the p/s in a Max Fantini crankcase, had a run last weekend, I just have to say this...the performance is simply AWESOME!! The idling is SWEET, and the power is very handy when needed. I ran it last weekend on a small track, gotta hit the bigger tracks to test out the baby further. All in all, for the moment, I'm impressed with the GEM.

Darth Vader, give the PR12 some more run time, I'm sure the seating of the p/s will only get better. FYI, I checked the needle settings on my engine, it's 4 turns 5 min on the HSN ( ...and it was running around 110 last weekend under the hot sun!), and 2.5 turns on the LSN.
Hi Tommi,
I can't follow your needle settings. The PR12 has a different carb. But I want to try it with your pipe. Can I meet you this Sat/Sun?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.