Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rossi Engines Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 10:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Lovely, I am glad the Pixy is quick, thank you for the feedback.
How does the motor run, IE. Idling, tuning, falt out on a track for 20 minutes, longevity (claims are that break-in can take up to a gallon of fuel?). I would love to know all I can about this baby before I buy one.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:56 AM
Tech Regular

My Pixi is pretty nice. Really fast and I'm keeping temps under 210.

You should get it. Just take your time in tuning it.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Lovely, thank you. I know towerhobbies has it at under $200 which is sweet. What nitro content do you run in your Rossi?
Old 02-27-2004, 11:27 AM
Tech Regular

I am using 20% Maxi with the turbo plug O.S. p8 and shim has been removed with Team Orion one piece tuned pipe equals super fast G4!!

Old 02-27-2004, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I am running the Pixy Black Chrome head that has been modded by Murnan. This thing is unbeleivable. It is not even broken in yet and I have not really gotten it hotter than about 220 degrees and it just out right flys. It has great bottom end as well as top end. I also had a non modded version and I was very impressed. I am also running 30% nitro and have not had any toruble out of either of my engines.
Old 03-02-2004, 05:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by JJ187RC
I am running the Pixy Black Chrome head that has been modded by Murnan. This thing is unbeleivable. It is not even broken in yet and I have not really gotten it hotter than about 220 degrees and it just out right flys. It has great bottom end as well as top end. I also had a non modded version and I was very impressed. I am also running 30% nitro and have not had any toruble out of either of my engines.
Hi,

With regards to your Murnan modded engine. What is the engine configuration you are running now (button type and number, glow plug, nitro content, pipe etc). I'm having a lil trouble with mine atm. It's not going as hard as i was hoping (compaired to my NS12S3)

I'm using a turbo head (no 2) on 16% nitro (12%oil) and a number 7 OS plug. I have abit of a fuel problem but will change pressure line to see it it'll help. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
Old 03-02-2004, 05:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I am running a non turbo button with 30% Rocket Science fuel and I am not sure what the break down is on the fuel. The plug is a OS 8 and I have not had any trouble out of it.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Noobatron, Have you rebuilt the motor recently?
Old 03-02-2004, 11:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by BaxterC
Hi Noobatron, Have you rebuilt the motor recently?
Hi,

I havn't rebuilt it yet, just took it apart to clean it throughly. I'm in the stage of retuning it (i've never seen it run at 30% before) to 16% nitro and a turbo button. Currently, it's not going as hard as the others, needs more tuning i think.

would it be better to increase capacity (use a number 3 normal head button) and run higher nitro content (30%) than to run 16% on a turbo plug?
Old 03-03-2004, 09:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Noobee, One thing to remember is that more nitro doesnt always create more power, it is just there to help with combustion (Read the fuels thread). If you have too much nitro, it can cause detonation, which will hinder performance, what you could try is a colder plug, and a shim, or go back you your 16%. This will also keep the motor cooler and les chance of detonation. Just remember to go easy on the motor when to change fuels for the first few tanks, DO NOT RUN IT HARD as soon as you change the fuel, remember that the engine needs to 'settle' with the new fuel first, you should do this even if you change fuel brands. Please let us know how it goes.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:34 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Noobee, One thing to remember is that more nitro doesnt always create more power ... let us know how it goes.
Thanx for the tip Baxterc. I'll be running it today with 16% and turbo button. It's tuning pretty well atm but it still doesn't have the kick like my NS3. I'll be changing the pressure line to a longer one cuz i seem to have a fuel problem =/

will let you guys know how it goes
Old 03-04-2004, 01:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

When you say a fuel problem, is it too much, or too little? What pipe are you running, tou looking for top-end or bottom-end?
Old 03-04-2004, 05:22 AM
Tech Adept

When you say a fuel problem, is it too much, or too little? What pipe are you running, tou looking for top-end or bottom-end?

The motor will run fine but then seems like there's an air leak. I've checked throughly for leeks in both the fuel line, the tank and the carb but havn't found any so far. The pipe i'm using is the THS turbo outlaw pipe (direct mock up of the novarossi one, cna't remember the model though)

I'm looking for bottom-mid end punch as the track i race on is really tight. I'm gonna run it tomorow morning and let you guys know how it goes. Thanx heaps for the input, really appreciate it
Old 03-04-2004, 07:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Noob, try this, check the tank lid or the pipe between the pipe and the tank, also try to check that you dont have a blockage in the pipe nipple going to the fuel tank could be that, maybe the motor is struggle to get fuel and is going lean or is that not it? I am not 100% sure, but will help to check it, also a little tip, if you have a pipe that is two parts, put in a longer piece of silicon tube between the header and the pipe, this will give bottom-end, and shortening will give top-end, but TEST before you race, you dont want to over do it and find out on the track. this may your ticket to getting your motor to peak where you want it to. I am a bit confused with the symtoms you describes, my advice, recheck the WHOLE fuel system, have you got a fuel filter, if so, clean it, if not, check for tiny particles that could have caught in the carb inlet, or in the bottom of the tank (more likely as it runs ok for a bit) then theck from the pipe to the tank, all connected, no blockages, to leaks, then check the tank lid, make sure it seals properly. Please let me know. This is interesting...
Old 03-06-2004, 01:38 AM
Tech Master

Where can i get spares for my pixy black? its the 138 version. I need piston, liner, conrod and wristpin

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.