R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2003, 04:10 PM   #1
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default Rossi Engines Thread

Well every other engine gets a thread, and I'm lookin for info on the Rossi engines. Anyone have feedback on them?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 05:27 PM   #2
Tech Addict
 
icon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Boston
Posts: 527
Send a message via AIM to icon
Default

one of my coworker has one in his NTC3. Looks fast but dunno if its faster than the Novarossi engines.
icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 06:22 PM   #3
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Are they designed for on or off road use more?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 06:22 PM   #4
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Are they designed for on or off road use more?
they are onroad engines
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 07:04 PM   #5
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
they are onroad engines
Cool, I basically am interested in them because the engine head isn't purple, lol. But do they perform as well as the rest?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 07:07 PM   #6
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Cool, I basically am interested in them because the engine head isn't purple, lol. But do they perform as well as the rest?
i have one but too bad i havent had chance to run it after i ran in the engine. this engine is nicely made but it doesnt mean it performs. i want to know how it goes too !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 07:46 PM   #7
Tech Elite
 
Corse-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 2,121
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Cool, I basically am interested in them because the engine head isn't purple, lol. But do they perform as well as the rest?
Remove it from the engine and make it sandblasted... looks cool!
__________________
Cheers,
Corse-R
---
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 09:42 PM   #8
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
i have one but too bad i havent had chance to run it after i ran in the engine. this engine is nicely made but it doesnt mean it performs. i want to know how it goes too !
When do you think you'll be able to get it on a track and see the performance of it? I do like the aluminum carb, had problems with the plastic ones.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 09:48 PM   #9
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
When do you think you'll be able to get it on a track and see the performance of it? I do like the aluminum carb, had problems with the plastic ones.
no idea yet, too many engines on the Q !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 10:05 PM   #10
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
no idea yet, too many engines on the Q !
Well send it out to me, and I'll let you know how your new engine works

Anyone else using them at your track?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 10:12 PM   #11
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Well send it out to me, and I'll let you know how your new engine works

Anyone else using them at your track?
rossi is not popular here so i have no idea who is using it.

i am currently running my D5, S3 and NS5 they are equally fast !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 10:32 PM   #12
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
rossi is not popular here so i have no idea who is using it.

i am currently running my D5, S3 and NS5 they are equally fast !
Well if you are interested in selling the Rossi, I'd propably be interested. Sounds like you got a bundle of engines. BTW, is it the 3 or 5 port?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 10:41 PM   #13
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Well if you are interested in selling the Rossi, I'd propably be interested. Sounds like you got a bundle of engines. BTW, is it the 3 or 5 port?
it is a 3 port pixy but it does carry some problem which i am trying to fixing it now !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 10:57 PM   #14
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
it is a 3 port pixy but it does carry some problem which i am trying to fixing it now !
Aah, I am lookin for the 5 port, try to get a little more power out of it... One thing I noticed is that they use a standard plug, is the button replaceable so that I could run a turbo plug?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 10:59 PM   #15
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Aah, I am lookin for the 5 port, try to get a little more power out of it... One thing I noticed is that they use a standard plug, is the button replaceable so that I could run a turbo plug?
yes they have optional turbo button but i still cannot get one 1 year from now !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ROSSI ENGINES muggy69 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 12-23-2007 07:14 AM
AXE ROSSI ENGINES??? EVIL-ET Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 15 12-13-2007 10:43 PM
ROSSI ENGINES muggy69 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 15 10-31-2007 02:53 PM
Ninja Engines by GRP (M Rossi) Vinyard Singapore R/C Racers 68 04-21-2006 07:50 PM
Rossi LSK Engines, Thoughts? yamrace Electric Off-Road 2 04-04-2006 06:25 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:00 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net