Old 05-13-2009, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Just bookmark it in your browser.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2fst2c
I got a tuning question for you. Do all Long LSN carbs adjust the same way? Reason for asking is that I run Go Motors and some have the Long LSN. I know when people have problems with carbs the first one they resort to usually is an O.S. carb because they tune easy.. Well, I was looking over an O.S. carb today and I see they Too are Long LSN carbs. Atleast the 2 I have are. So they should tune the same as a Go Long LSN carb or vice-versa correct? Just something that made me go hmmm..
I don't think it has anything to do with the length of the needle. Long needles just tend to run a bit leaner at half throttle situations. OS and Nova carbs tune very similar despite Nova's having a short needle.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Thumbs up bookmark

i just added this to my bookmarks. i can come back any time. thanks for a great hand in my rc world
Old 05-18-2009, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Glad to help!
Old 05-19-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I printed this out a few years ago and keep it in a folder in my pit bag along with the xray setup tips, a sheet that a bud gave me about whether you would richen or lean your needles wen you change temp range of plugs, humidity, air temp, nitro content, elevation and a few others it really helped when the raims came a few weeks ago in the mains.
This info is invaluable in a crunch
Old 05-19-2009, 12:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey you go ladies, get it while it's hot...

http://www.tsrcar.com/garage/paddock/engine_tips.pdf

Old 05-19-2009, 01:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cyberacer
Hey you go ladies, get it while it's hot...

http://www.tsrcar.com/garage/paddock/engine_tips.pdf

awesome possum cyberacer
Old 05-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My engine is running better than ever but I think my lsn is still too rich. When I come to a stop, it will idle up for a few seconds then idle down and hold that idle for as long as I want it to. Another thing is when I let it run the tank empty at idle it will idle up some before it quits. According to the tuning bible my lsn is still a little rich but when I lean the bottom an hour or so it seems to get that tinging sound of a lean bottom. Is the perfect tuning window that small for the lsn ? Im having the hardest time with the lsn, anyone with suggestions ?

Last edited by roadracer43; 05-22-2009 at 05:00 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by roadracer43
My engine is running better than ever but I think my lsn is still too rich. When I come to a stop, it will idle up for a few seconds then idle down and hold that idle for as long as I want it to. Another thing is when I let it run the tank empty at idle it will idle up some before it quits. According to the tuning bible my lsn is still a little rich but when I lean the bottom an hour or so it seems to get that tinging sound of a lean bottom. Is the perfect tuning window that small for the lsn ? Im having the hardest time with the lsn, anyone with suggestions ?

its not gonna kill your engine if it idles up just a little bit as long as it doesn't engage the clutch .
Old 05-23-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So it sounds like its pretty close to where it needs to be Houston ? My temps are running around 240 but still seems a little rich on both needles. Will the temps drop some when it finally becomes a man ? I dont think its nuts have dropped yet.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Reading through this I thought old school way was heat cycling. I've been doing it this way for over 20 yrs. At that time we didn't used temp guns either. Never agreed with just idling the engine through 1 or 3 tanks of fuel. You never get it up to temp that way atleast 200 degrees. I've had broke engine on the starter box before but it's kind of hard to run it outside when there is snow on the ground.

I get a kick out of poeple who claim they are getting great power and fuel mileage with a temp of 180. Come on are not even up at temp yet. Running a engine cold is just as bad as running it very hot. Cold engine the sleeve hasn't expanded yet still pinching the piston
Old 05-24-2009, 12:45 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by roadracer43
So it sounds like its pretty close to where it needs to be Houston ? My temps are running around 240 but still seems a little rich on both needles. Will the temps drop some when it finally becomes a man ? I dont think its nuts have dropped yet.
once it is fully broke in , then you can get a little more precise with the tune
Old 05-24-2009, 12:47 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by pdmustgt
Reading through this I thought old school way was heat cycling. I've been doing it this way for over 20 yrs. At that time we didn't used temp guns either. Never agreed with just idling the engine through 1 or 3 tanks of fuel. You never get it up to temp that way atleast 200 degrees. I've had broke engine on the starter box before but it's kind of hard to run it outside when there is snow on the ground.

I get a kick out of poeple who claim they are getting great power and fuel mileage with a temp of 180. Come on are not even up at temp yet. Running a engine cold is just as bad as running it very hot. Cold engine the sleeve hasn't expanded yet still pinching the piston
some engines are too efficient like extechs , they run at like 175-200 with way too hard of a powerband . i like 220-250 and smooth powerband , anywhere in that range , i am happy
Old 05-24-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Does this sound like i have an air leak

The engine is a OS VG. Start the engine idles fine accelerates fine. Pull the glow ignitor and the engines die weather the throttle is at idle or 50% or 100% it die. Thought it was the plug. Changed the plug exact same results. Thought is was adjustment. Went back to factory basics hoping I was missing something. Same results. Tried to lean thinking I was soaking the plug same result. Tried to richen same result. I am running out of ideas here. Anyone have quick idea on this one.

I have two of these motors one with 1 gallon and one with a half on it. The one gallon motor is my problem motor.

Input?????

Hitman
Old 05-24-2009, 01:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

When I tried a VG two years ago I must have dropped a glow plug element and tore up the P/S. That engine ran exactly as you described till I finally pulled it apart to see all the score marks on the inside. But the funny thing is I havent' seen anyone get too much life out of the VG. Not sure why though, I never asked anyone else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.