Search
Like Tree195Likes

Novarossi engines thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
I tried the ones recommended for my mito and was same shit for a month in the beginning of the summer went throu like 10 of them went to os used the same plug for the next 3 months lol!!! I swear !!
You must've been using the old C8TGF or C8TGT plugs which I agree weren't the best. They were ok just a bit fragile and if you were even 1/8 turn too lean it'll break the element. The CT series are much MUCH better. Give one a try and you'll see what I mean.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by implusepro
what OS plug are you running in your mito 21?

is it novarossi ct8 = os rp8?

thanks.
The CT series plugs are quite different however the old Novarossi C7TGF or a C7TGT was comparable to the OS RP7. Those who ran OS plugs (including myself) usually ran RP7's.
Old 11-18-2017, 12:28 PM
Tech Regular

AutoRCnewsModelisme - Novarossi Mito 7 On Road

AutoRCnewsModelisme - Novarossi Mito 9 On Road
Old 11-19-2017, 01:47 AM
Tech Elite

Both of these are 2015 old models and discontinued. Replaced with the Mito WC.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dan_vector
Both of these are 2015 old models and discontinued. Replaced with the Mito WC.

But Mito 9 is still in production
Even though an engine was launched in 2015.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pedro Jesus
But Mito 9 is still in production
Even though an engine was launched in 2015.
It isn't in production anymore. The WC35-WCA and WC35-WCH/17 are the current production onroad 21's. Just interested why post an article from 2015
Old 12-06-2017, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Opinions on the Nova Ison 21 GT. Thinking about getting one.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by petersen114
Ran this engine at the Toledo track for the last 3 years. It has very good bottom end torque so it is useable in a wider range of clutch settings. Missed TQ in the Master 1/8 class by .75 seconds in 2015.
petersen114 likes this.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by petersen114
The engine is very good. I ran one for a while successfully. It's now my wet weather engine and I run the Mito GT5/17 which is fantastic and has a broader power band than the ISON.
petersen114 likes this.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quick question about how fuel does it take break in a novarossi motor
Old 12-10-2017, 01:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bluer322
Quick question about how fuel does it take break in a novarossi motor
Varies depending on ultimately how much pinch the engine and liner have.

Generally speaking 2 litres until it can be tuned for some power on track...5 litres until it starts making real power.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jtrmx250
Varies depending on ultimately how much pinch the engine and liner have.

Generally speaking 2 litres until it can be tuned for some power on track...5 litres until it starts making real power.
its funny I take time to break in my race motors right, but I buy a lot of traxxes nitro off road trucks just to play outside and I start them brand new and just abuse them from the start and the motors run great never have a problem lol just find it funny
Old 12-11-2017, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

its funny I take time to break in my race motors right, but I buy a lot of traxxes nitro off road trucks just to play outside and I start them brand new and just abuse them from the start and the motors run great never have a problem lol just find it funny
Not sure it is good to compare the NR engines with those from TRAXXAS. I worked at a hobby shop for 7+ years, partly doing repairs on nitro cars. And it mostly involved TRAXXAS. I found their combination of engine timing, head clearance and carb bore as very optimum for the beginner/basher. They went through a period where the engines had a lot of taper in the liner. Those engines failed much more frequently that those that followed with shallow taper. Also, if you used the TRAXXAS 30% fuel, the fail rate went up dramatically. That is because the novice drivers didn't know how to tune when the combustion chamber was too small.

Looking at the NR engines, they are using a ton of liner taper compared to the other engine manufacturers. That means that much more care and a solid process must be used during break-in. So my recommendation is to be very patient with the NR engines during break-in. It will take a little more time to get the engine ready for racing. And remember that some engines will continue to get better after you run them for another 10 tanks than you would have thought. And "after-run" lubrication is your friend for all engines. Have fun.
Pedro Jesus likes this.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by davidl
Not sure it is good to compare the NR engines with those from TRAXXAS. I worked at a hobby shop for 7+ years, partly doing repairs on nitro cars. And it mostly involved TRAXXAS. I found their combination of engine timing, head clearance and carb bore as very optimum for the beginner/basher. They went through a period where the engines had a lot of taper in the liner. Those engines failed much more frequently that those that followed with shallow taper. Also, if you used the TRAXXAS 30% fuel, the fail rate went up dramatically. That is because the novice drivers didn't know how to tune when the combustion chamber was too small.

Looking at the NR engines, they are using a ton of liner taper compared to the other engine manufacturers. That means that much more care and a solid process must be used during break-in. So my recommendation is to be very patient with the NR engines during break-in. It will take a little more time to get the engine ready for racing. And remember that some engines will continue to get better after you run them for another 10 tanks than you would have thought. And "after-run" lubrication is your friend for all engines. Have fun.
I'm not trying to compare them I'm just saying I never had any problems with Traxxas motors also never used there fuel always my race fuel and was always 30% but again never had a problem and some of them blew away my 8th scale lol, I don't really break in my race motors too much a few tanks and thsts it and I use one motor all season without a problem. I don't like after run oil I won't get into the details of y not but the fuels today's if u use a top quality u don't really need it just burn the fuel out and there will still be a nice coating...
Old 12-12-2017, 11:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'm not trying to compare them I'm just saying I never had any problems with Traxxas motors also never used there fuel always my race fuel and was always 30% but again never had a problem and some of them blew away my 8th scale lol, I don't really break in my race motors too much a few tanks and thsts it and I use one motor all season without a problem. I don't like after run oil I won't get into the details of y not but the fuels today's if u use a top quality u don't really need it just burn the fuel out and there will still be a nice coating...
The only risk you run when running new engines hard early relates to excessive heat. Either hot spots generate which can cause 'pickups' where the piston welds to the liner. This causes significant score lines on the piston - obviously not good.

Or you can just over heat the engine due to the friction generated by the high pinch.

To guard against heat you have to run the engine rich so it will not make good power...good power comes after a number of litres for nova.
davidl likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.