Old 05-31-2017, 03:43 PM
Tech Lord

You can use any type of a standard non low CG Novarossi head
Old 05-31-2017, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
You can use any type of a standard non low CG Novarossi head
Thanks Roelof, I've been looking for the original one for a while now so just checking if maybe someone has it laying around and are willing to sell me it
Old 05-31-2017, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This is funny. By accident I came accross some old version R7 rods new in bag, the R7-11. On top of the bag a R4 rod, looks the same.
The only difference is te groove on the side of the pinholes.

So it seems the R4 is based on an older model R7.
That's good. Balance should be similar in this case.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Novarossi FLASH.21-PT/A Tuned ?

Are there any interchangeable piston and sleeves for the Novarossi FLASH.21-PT/A Tuned ? Or anyone have a part # for a piston and sleeve for one ?

Thanks
Old 05-31-2017, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigC2007
Are there any interchangeable piston and sleeves for the Novarossi FLASH.21-PT/A Tuned ? Or anyone have a part # for a piston and sleeve for one ?

Thanks
Novarossi tech would know best.

They sometimes have new upgraded parts that are interchangable, but you have to ask, otherwise they will recommend original parts.

Novarossi usa is a great place to buy and their prices are good. Keep in mind they only communicate via email for support.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I would like to know too. Please kindly share after there is a finding.
I am just thinking if i can put in a same piston set of the same stroke?
Old 06-01-2017, 03:48 AM
Tech Lord

I have seen a 35+ P/S set in a Flash but sadly the ports were slightly too low. I had to grind the ports to get them right.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:58 AM
Tech Master

This is funny. By accident I came accross some old version R7 rods new in bag, the R7-11. On top of the bag a R4 rod, looks the same.
The only difference is te groove on the side of the pinholes.

So it seems the R4 is based on an older model R7.
I notice R4's brass bush color is bluish than R7
Old 06-01-2017, 05:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mustangkillaz
Novarossi tech would know best.

They sometimes have new upgraded parts that are interchangable, but you have to ask, otherwise they will recommend original parts.

Novarossi usa is a great place to buy and their prices are good. Keep in mind they only communicate via email for support.
Thanks for the advice and info.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by choisan
I would like to know too. Please kindly share after there is a finding.
I am just thinking if i can put in a same piston set of the same stroke?
^^^ this is what I was thinking also I mean they cant be to much of a difference with the piston and sleeves right ?
Old 06-01-2017, 08:30 AM
Tech Lord

OK, let me explain....

Most (older) Novarossi (based) models have a bore/stroke of 16.2 x 16.8, all use the same R rod except some special models with a C, P, E or O rod like the 359 and the Collari Cordoba edition. The R rod comes in different versions but are exchangeable.

Some R7 rods have a green surface on the brass bushing, basically it is a kind of oxidize layer. (bras colors green like iron colors brouwn and aluminium colors white)

All onroad sleeves I have seen with this bore/strok specs have a 19.5mm sleeve but most 9 port sleeves have a 3mm thick upper lip and most 7 port and less a 2mm upper lip. Depending the size of that upper lip there are also different length of the combustion chambers.

But there are flat pistons, domed pistons and pistons with a different offset of the piston pin. And with that the portheight can be different. With some sleeves the portheigt is set in the sleeve and with some it seems it is set with how deep the sleeve will go into the crank cace.

In the early days all engines were made by a same design/dimensions and it was easy to exchange parts but now with the different offsets and pistons. it is a question if it will fit.
If you know how to raise or lower the sleeve you can fit them all but it is not easy to tell which different P/S set is a direct fit.
choisan likes this.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

OK, let me explain....

Most (older) Novarossi (based) models have a bore/stroke of 16.2 x 16.8, all use the same R rod except some special models with a C, P, E or O rod like the 359 and the Collari Cordoba edition. The R rod comes in different versions but are exchangeable.

Some R7 rods have a green surface on the brass bushing, basically it is a kind of oxidize layer. (bras colors green like iron colors brouwn and aluminium colors white)

All onroad sleeves I have seen with this bore/strok specs have a 19.5mm sleeve but most 9 port sleeves have a 3mm thick upper lip and most 7 port and less a 2mm upper lip. Depending the size of that upper lip there are also different length of the combustion chambers.

But there are flat pistons, domed pistons and pistons with a different offset of the piston pin. And with that the portheight can be different. With some sleeves the portheigt is set in the sleeve and with some it seems it is set with how deep the sleeve will go into the crank cace.

In the early days all engines were made by a same design/dimensions and it was easy to exchange parts but now with the different offsets and pistons. it is a question if it will fit.
If you know how to raise or lower the sleeve you can fit them all but it is not easy to tell which different P/S set is a direct fit.
Thanks for the info Roelof, you are the man !
Old 06-05-2017, 04:59 AM
Tech Adept

Default Mito, Legend, Elite

Looking for a new NT engine for my 1:10, but cant decide what model of Novarossi to get? Mito, Legend or Elite! What is the biggest difference between the models?
Old 06-05-2017, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I don't know the differences, but I have a VIRTUS and a MITO WC and the carb on the VIRTUS is very inconsistent compared to the MITO. Both of them are screamers though!
Old 06-05-2017, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gillblade
Looking for a new NT engine for my 1:10, but cant decide what model of Novarossi to get? Mito, Legend or Elite! What is the biggest difference between the models?
Get the Mito. It is Novarossi back at its best. The Legend and Elite are also great engines but based on older Novarossi design. Avoid the Virtus engines as these engines are not Novarossi's finest... I have a Virtus .12 and a .21 and both are very inconsistent that just don't have the top end of the Mito. Perhaps some of the hand modified Virtus engines are better but the standard ones are rubbish.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.