Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree195Likes

Novarossi engines thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
got a ? can someone explain to me the point of using a rear ceremic bearing and a steel front... i dont get it. i understand the rear is the load bearing but does the front turn the same or slower? and if it does turn the same then is'nt it slowing down the rear?
different materials go into the ceremic bearing, they rotate the same speed. Your paying for the materials that make up the metals
Old 03-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
got a ? can someone explain to me the point of using a rear ceremic bearing and a steel front... i dont get it. i understand the rear is the load bearing but does the front turn the same or slower? and if it does turn the same then is'nt it slowing down the rear?
What's up KOF!! I believe was more of price point. You see the big jump in the dual-ceramic engine price. Not saying that it won't increase the performance cause I know the dual-ceramic will out perform the 1steel 1ceramic. Either way we're getting some really good power out of these lil engines.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
What's up KOF!! I believe was more of price point. You see the big jump in the dual-ceramic engine price. Not saying that it won't increase the performance cause I know the dual-ceramic will out perform the 1steel 1ceramic. Either way we're getting some really good power out of these lil engines.
whats up dan!! when u coming back?

so u saying 1 ceramic and 1 steal out proforms 2 steal bearings, and 2 ceramics out proforms them all is this right, i just dont see how the 1 ceramic and one steal make a differance from 2 steal, if the front steal one does'nt spool up as fast as the rear ceramic then whats the advantage of the rear cermamic the front steal is holding it back? also correct me if im wrong does'nt the front smaller bearing have to make 2 rpm's to the rear 1rpm. so if the front has to spin twice as fast wouldnt u want a ceramic more in the front then the rear?

sorry dan im off my meds!!!! lol
Old 03-09-2011, 07:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Both bearings are on a solid crankshaft so they will both turn the exact same rpm.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by wingracer
Both bearings are on a solid crankshaft so they will both turn the exact same rpm.
Yes but the front bearing has the smaller braces so the speed of the balls is lower.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yes they turn the same rpmīs, but they could turn at different speed.
It all depends on how big the balls are compared to where they they orbit.
If they turn the same rpmīs and speed then the rear balls must be bigger(because they have a greater distance to travel, due to larger diameter).
Bigger(larger diameter balls) means moor mass, and ceramic weight are around 1/4 compared to steel (if I donīt remember it wrong).
There for if you only want to run one ceramic the rear makes the most difference when it comes to mass, and mass is what takes time to accelerate.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:57 AM
Tech Lord

I am aware of that, but he said rpm and the rpm is the same.

Well, if you want to get technical, the rpm of the inner race will be the same as the crank rpm for both bearings but the rpm's of the balls themselves will be different (and different in two different planes) depending on the size of the balls and of the races.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NitroVein
Yes they turn the same rpmīs, but they could turn at different speed.
It all depends on how big the balls are compared to where they they orbit.
If they turn the same rpmīs and speed then the rear balls must be bigger(because they have a greater distance to travel, due to larger diameter).
Bigger(larger diameter balls) means moor mass, and ceramic weight are around 1/4 compared to steel (if I donīt remember it wrong).
There for if you only want to run one ceramic the rear makes the most difference when it comes to mass, and mass is what takes time to accelerate.
also then what is the differance between the 2 ceramic rear nova bearings one has more balls and one has less balls lol (sounds funny), which ones is faster or better to use?
Old 03-09-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

I am aware of that, but he said rpm and the rpm is the same.

Well, if you want to get technical, the rpm of the inner race will be the same as the crank rpm for both bearings but the rpm's of the balls themselves will be different (and different in two different planes) depending on the size of the balls and of the races.
We are on the same page, I didn't express my self very well, sorry!
I meant just that, the inner races are in direct contact with the crank so they turn at the same rpm as the crank.
But the speed of balls them selfs will differ upon there diameter in relation to the diameters of the inner/outer races where they are in contact.

I didn't want to step on any toes, just wanted to help explain.
Sorry I didn't do a very good job at it!
Old 03-09-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by NitroVein
We are on the same page, I didn't express my self very well, sorry!
I meant just that, the inner races are in direct contact with the crank so they turn at the same rpm as the crank.
But the speed of balls them selfs will differ upon there diameter in relation to the diameters of the inner/outer races where they are in contact.

I didn't want to step on any toes, just wanted to help explain.
Sorry I didn't do a very good job at it!
No, you were fine. Just wanted to explain that I was aware of that, but that wasn't the question I was answering.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

No, you were fine. Just wanted to explain that I was aware of that, but that wasn't the question I was answering.
You are correct, that wasn't the question!
I realize that I should have been studying harder in school...
I donīt get the messages through in the right way, I miss some in the translation.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default 2011 Flash .12 motors differences????

Whats is the difference between the Flash .12 PTS & PT? Is it just the PTS having a front ceramic bearings. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

That and a few hundred rpm!
Old 03-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
That and a few hundred rpm!
y does nova list the flash pts under the plus-2
and the pt under plus?

anyone have an answer for my last post on which ceramic rear bearing is better the one with more or less balls..
Old 03-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

also i been told the new head on the flash makes it run alittle hotter if u have the old flash head better to use it..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.