Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree195Likes

Novarossi engines thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 11:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Inserts

With the novarossi flash .21 it comes with two inserts 244R1 & 244R2, when would you use these as apposed to the one it comes with?
Old 02-21-2010, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paulie Bee
Thank You DJ.
No Problem.. when you get a chance give me a call.
paulie, where do you get tornado? i could not find anyone around us <ny> to sell it? thanx

tommy
Old 02-21-2010, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Tornado Fuel

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
paulie, where do you get tornado? i could not find anyone around us <ny> to sell it? thanx

tommy
Hello Tommy:
Brooklyn Hobbies will be carrying Tornado Fuels starting this year. Please call Richie to place your orders so he includes you in his next order.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrlahey
With the novarossi flash .21 it comes with two inserts 244R1 & 244R2, when would you use these as apposed to the one it comes with?
Those 2 Venturis are designed to help make more runtime, if you look at the Inner diameter, the hole is oval shaped which will restrict airflow more than a regular round shaped venturi without loosing power, but will allow you to lean the HSN more.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

sweet, i have to call him on that new 5 comin out as well, should be a interesting season,if that canarsie loc works out!! thanx again paulie..

tommy
Old 02-22-2010, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geberit
Hello,

Here are some pictures of the internal parts of FLASH .12 and 353S! The motors look from the outside practical the same but on the inside it's a different story! You have to look in detail, because the tiny changes make a big difference on this small engines.

Flash.12 parts are on the right side in the picture!

Cheers

Are the cranks different stokes? The first pic makes them look a little different. Outside of a little work(modding) on the crank they look very close.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joe Maxey
Are the cranks different stokes? The first pic makes them look a little different. Outside of a little work(modding) on the crank they look very close.
The Cranks are different! The ''Weight's'' are very differently grinded for such a small item I would say it's a huge difference. And the Flash Crank is polished.

See picture...

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Novarossi engines thread-n12.jpg  
Old 02-22-2010, 10:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

It looks like the pin is lower on the flash crank. I can see the dremal job. I was more talking the rod pin placement on the crank.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:32 PM
Tech Initiate

The Cranks are different! The ''Weight's'' are very differently grinded for such a small item I would say it's a huge difference. And the Flash Crank is polished.

See picture...

Cheers
Looks like the Tuned 353'09 Crank! The part no. is the same,so their should be no differents.

The Sleeve,Conrod,Crankcase and Carb are different to the 353'09.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by seb1109
Looks like the Tuned 353'09 Crank! The part no. is the same,so their should be no differents.

The Sleeve,Conrod,Crankcase and Carb are different to the 353'09.
I think Novarossi made some mix up with the part numbers, pictures ... The Cranck from the 353S/C (Steel or Ceramic) is from the same batch as the Flash one. Only that the Flash Cranck is aditionaly Tuned/Modified. And the Flash Crank is the same as the Crank from last years 353 09 Tuned!

By
Old 02-23-2010, 01:30 AM
Tech Lord

Optical grindings to make it look different does not say it will make a difference. The main difference must be found in the timings.

If the timing and messurements are the same as the older engine why not give it the same product number.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

In a two stroke engine it’s all about the fuel/air mixture flow (laminar/turbulent or mixed) and to achieve the optimal flows it’s always in the inner parts shape. The different timings are achieved through different positions and dimensions of holes in the sleeve! There are some software’s to calculate the flow and optimizing it but in the end it’s always down to testing on the track.

The debate between engineers still continues regarding polishing or not polishing the inner parts of an engine. If you polish them you will have less inner friction and save some energy that is necessary to turn the engine. But on the other hand if you have a rougher surface the air and fuel will mix better and the mixture will burn more efficiently!

So if you polish parts in the inner of an engine you have to know which parts you have to polish to make a difference!

Cheers
Old 02-23-2010, 03:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

In a two stroke engine it’s all about the fuel/air mixture flow (laminar/turbulent or mixed) and to achieve the optimal flows it’s always in the inner parts shape. The different timings are achieved through different positions and dimensions of holes in the sleeve! There are some software’s to calculate the flow and optimizing it but in the end it’s always down to testing on the track.

The debate between engineers still continues regarding polishing or not polishing the inner parts of an engine. If you polish them you will have less inner friction and save some energy that is necessary to turn the engine. But on the other hand if you have a rougher surface the air and fuel will mix better and the mixture will burn more efficiently!

So if you polish parts in the inner of an engine you have to know which parts you have to polish to make a difference!

Cheers
you will always gain more performace from a timing change rather than polishing this or that. i have tried it. and the better motor was the one wit just a timing change. but if you change the timing and do some polishing, then its better again. a lighter crank will always create more overall power with the right timings. so all the dremmel work on the front can do is lighten things up. then you have a more powerfull motor and you can conserve fuel buy using only what you need to.
these are just my thaughts, but i have also put them into practice. with great results.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Pattojnr,

You are right regarding the timing. I would be interested exactly what did you do and how did you know how much to change the ports in the sleeve?

Regarding the Crank I wouldn’t touch it, because the last action in the production process is balancing. So if you modifying it you can ruin the balance of the crank. The result can be shorter life time of the bearings or worse breaking of the bearings.

But anyway always when you tune an engine (assuming you are doing it right) you shorten its life time because you expose it to greater stress.

The power of engines in these days is way over what materials can handle! In the future the manufacturers don’t have many options to get more power. If they increase power with existing materials the life times of engines will be shorter and shorter. So the main point is to focus on stronger materials that are able to withstand more stress. But this will mean more costly engines for us.

By
Old 02-23-2010, 04:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The power of engines in these days is way over what materials can handle! In the future the manufacturers don’t have many options to get more power. If they increase power with existing materials the life times of engines will be shorter and shorter. So the main point is to focus on stronger materials that are able to withstand more stress. But this will mean more costly engines for us.

Unless you decrease the components weight, therefore less stress.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.