R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 01-17-2009, 07:31 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I'm going to ask a stupid question, what is an INS box. By the sounds of it it's got something to do with the airflow into a motor. Is it just a fancy name for a airfilter?
Old 01-18-2009, 12:11 AM   #17
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7ttlm View Post
mugen filters work fine, make good power etc. and they seem to be the only ones that fit a sedan properly. difference being, if your running a $500 engine, why would you clean a foam filter? all it does is pushes the garbage farther into the filter. Replace the filter element rather than cleaning. I have friends that wear by cleaning filters and I tear down their engines and they are all pissed off.. buy more filters and replace them hourly or more depending on how dirty/ dusty your track is.
Cleaning out is done by letting the water flow from the inside of the filter....

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyles View Post
I'm going to ask a stupid question, what is an INS box. By the sounds of it it's got something to do with the airflow into a motor. Is it just a fancy name for a airfilter?
An INSBOX is just a case around the airfilter, due the chambers it can filter out some noise and is a needed part by rules in onroad racing.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:19 AM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Cleaning out is done by letting the water flow from the inside of the filter....

An INSBOX is just a case around the airfilter, due the chambers it can filter out some noise and is a needed part by rules in onroad racing.

Is that for 1/8th scale or for any scale on-road car? It's just that i haven't heard that in australia but i only run 1/10 so i wouldn't know
Old 01-25-2009, 04:38 AM   #19
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

Within the EFRA it is already many years we use this box with the 1/8. With the 1/10 from next year on it is also needed.