R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2008, 07:19 PM   #16
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arahawak View Post
Which Ninja? the GRP's or the new Prototypes?

Prob only Fukuda and Rick was running the prototypes at the WC? If so, did not read a report about the their prototypes engines broken..

*i may be wrong*
He doesn't know he is a keyboard Cowboy, all he does is give negative comments on everything, I have heard from a very reliable source that all he does is surf the web all day long.
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:56 AM   #17
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 6,288
Send a message via ICQ to Roelof
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
He doesn't know he is a keyboard Cowboy, all he does is give negative comments on everything, I have heard from a very reliable source that all he does is surf the web all day long.
I am realistic, whats wrong with that?
And what is wrong with being critical? I have seen lots of people around me sticking to their favorite brands, they even buy certain products knowing that they are not that good. Is that the way to spend your money and getting all the frustrations not pleasing your hobby?
It is better than hiding all negative things only to sell products as there is nothing wrong with it as you do. As example the fuelguns, dit you even test them as we did?

I do not know who your sources are but they are wrong.....
Several clubmembers did try OS and yes, they are fast but sadly to quickly broken, mostly the conrod. Read the WC reports on RedRC, lots of engine failures with the very smal amount of Ninja drivers, statistics tell! You can say "new engine..devellopment...blablabla" but it is just an excisting OS. My advise is that it is wise to wait and see if the problems are solved when they hit the market.

Enough personal and now ontopic please.
__________________
The quality of an answer comes with the quality of the question.
Roelof is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:24 AM   #18
Tech Master
 
JetMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond VA
Posts: 1,172
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Do these carburators have the os insulator on them? If so, I hope they addressed the problems with that. That was the only thing I didn't like about my os. I had problems with the carb insulator cracking causing air leaks and when I replaced them, they would always come loose and the carb would fall out. Never found a glue that would hold them on. Am I the only one that experienced these problems?
__________________
www.vorra.org

MINO Racing
JetMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:24 AM   #19
Tech Regular
 
jameslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere?????
Posts: 381
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMD View Post
Do these carburators have the os insulator on them? If so, I hope they addressed the problems with that. That was the only thing I didn't like about my os. I had problems with the carb insulator cracking causing air leaks and when I replaced them, they would always come loose and the carb would fall out. Never found a glue that would hold them on. Am I the only one that experienced these problems?
hi... nope u are not the only one... i do experienced this problem that the insulator crack. But i find that ninja insulator are better... got no problem so far....

Btw does anyone know the size of the carburator for the ninja jx? is it the same size as ninja?

Thanks!
jameslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 04:07 PM   #20
Tech Fanatic
 
Seisick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 845
Default

perhaps the new ninja jx is based
on the xz series from os which is what
shimo is currently using
in the recent japan nationals
fukuda won 4 secs ahead of shimo
both with os powered engines
__________________
HobbymaniA
GoT MuGeN?
Seisick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:03 PM   #21
Tech Elite
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,444
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
I am realistic, whats wrong with that?
And what is wrong with being critical? I have seen lots of people around me sticking to their favorite brands, they even buy certain products knowing that they are not that good. Is that the way to spend your money and getting all the frustrations not pleasing your hobby?
It is better than hiding all negative things only to sell products as there is nothing wrong with it as you do. As example the fuelguns, dit you even test them as we did?

I do not know who your sources are but they are wrong.....
Several clubmembers did try OS and yes, they are fast but sadly to quickly broken, mostly the conrod. Read the WC reports on RedRC, lots of engine failures with the very smal amount of Ninja drivers, statistics tell! You can say "new engine..devellopment...blablabla" but it is just an excisting OS. My advise is that it is wise to wait and see if the problems are solved when they hit the market.

Enough personal and now ontopic please.
Bro, there is nothing wrong with being realistic.

The question i posed was, the Ninjas that broke, were they GRP based or the prototypes that Fukuda and Rick used?

Because i understand that only the both of them were using the prototypes and not the rest.. i was just trying to find out which is which.

Cheers
__________________
Support Bacteria - its the only culture some people have!
Arahawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:41 PM   #22
Super Moderator
 
Snowy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Sydney
Posts: 812
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arahawak View Post
The question i posed was, the Ninjas that broke, were they GRP based or the prototypes that Fukuda and Rick used?

Because i understand that only the both of them were using the prototypes and not the rest.. i was just trying to find out which is which.

Cheers
I was there & can confirm Rick did use the same engine as Fukuda. That being the OS based Ninja's.

See pic below:


Here is Ric's car:
__________________
Racing Lines Magazine
Snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:56 PM   #23
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Just to chime in on the Durability... Darin Ishitani ran a used motor which was also ran by Ron C. from another 3 day event this motor was handed down I don't know how many times thru countless tanks now and it is still going with great power!!!
__________________
TQ-racing Yokomo BD7 Airtronics
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:10 AM   #24
Tech Fanatic
 
kitracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: hong kong
Posts: 986
Default

I am at the Mugen Open Cup in Shanghai, Fukuda and Yuruki are here. I will take pictures and see what engines they're running.... may be i steal it and take it apart to pose some pictures...
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:34 AM   #25
Tech Fanatic
 
Seisick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitracer View Post
I am at the Mugen Open Cup in Shanghai, Fukuda and Yuruki are here. I will take pictures and see what engines they're running.... may be i steal it and take it apart to pose some pictures...
super, please do so
lucky for me, the racing season begins in april
__________________
HobbymaniA
GoT MuGeN?
Seisick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 07:08 AM   #26
Tech Fanatic
 
kitracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: hong kong
Posts: 986
Default

Fukuda is using Ninja's OS based engine in this race.

For 1/8, he is using JP
He probably knew I am going to steal his car, he is holding onto it all day
Attached Thumbnails
"NEW" NINJA JX .12 ENGINE-fuk-touring.jpg   "NEW" NINJA JX .12 ENGINE-fuku-8th.jpg  
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:15 AM   #27
Tech Fanatic
 
Seisick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitracer View Post
Fukuda is using Ninja's OS based engine in this race.

For 1/8, he is using JP
He probably knew I am going to steal his car, he is holding onto it all day
too bad, put something on his drink after he's done racing and take some
pics LOL
__________________
HobbymaniA
GoT MuGeN?
Seisick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:42 AM   #28
Tech Elite
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,444
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitracer View Post
I am at the Mugen Open Cup in Shanghai, Fukuda and Yuruki are here. I will take pictures and see what engines they're running.... may be i steal it and take it apart to pose some pictures...

Damn.. wish i could be there
__________________
Support Bacteria - its the only culture some people have!
Arahawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:54 AM   #29
Tech Fanatic
 
kitracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: hong kong
Posts: 986
Default

Fukuda TQ today and closely follow by Hung using I think is a RB.
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:58 AM   #30
Tech Regular
 
musti72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Turkey
Posts: 442
Default

can you get the setup that fukuda used for the mtx4?
musti72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:51 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net