R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 09-15-2007, 09:47 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default cold weather starting

Temp has dropped pretty good here. Its about fifty degrees to sixty. I last ran my car about a week and a half to two weeks ago. Temp was about eighty then. Had no problem starting it up. Now today, its cold and i get nothing. I am charging my glow plug to make sure its not that but is there any adjustments i need to make or should i atleast be able to start it
esdjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:33 PM   #2
Tech Apprentice

ok i used a blow dryer to heat it up some and got it started but if there is any advise out there i would appreciate it
esdjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 06:13 PM   #3
Tech Elite

when it gets cool out it takes a bit more to get it started and i do let it warm up a bit longer before i go on the track.like 5min on the box blurping the throttle,you dont want to put force on the motor when cold, this can hurt the motor and dont run a motor under 12c air temp.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:48 AM   #4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default Cold

It is cold here too. I am gonna put a #6 plug in and richen it up a little. I have also put a smaller restricter in . I am thinking with the cooler weather i will burn a little more fuel. I hope it works out. The high temp. suppose to be lower 70s and it will be in the 60s through qualifying.
latemodel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 05:58 AM   #5
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyedmonds View Post
and dont run a motor under 12c air temp.
Says who?....

During the winter months, it is sometimes quite busy on the track, and we run the cars then at 0-5 C (30-40F)
Offcourse, VRC is also a (warmer) option, but running the cars on the track is much more fun.....
Also every 10 minutes of run time we stop, not to let the car cool down, but to let ourselves warm up.......
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:48 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H View Post
Says who?....

During the winter months, it is sometimes quite busy on the track, and we run the cars then at 0-5 C (30-40F)
Offcourse, VRC is also a (warmer) option, but running the cars on the track is much more fun.....
Also every 10 minutes of run time we stop, not to let the car cool down, but to let ourselves warm up.......
lol iv been told by a motor guro its a little harder on the motors when its cold out.
but id do it
to run is fun so run,RUN TILL IT SNOWS OUT come to think of it i remember some years ago it did snow when we where running and it was totally fun
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote