R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 08-15-2007, 08:49 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Default Red dot break in Help!

hey guys,

im breaking in a new red dot for my rolling Frame R40, heres my question, im just running it at quarter throttle and less and running really rich, but when i blip the throttle it was to flame out but just drops in RPM and then kicks back to the higher rpm this only happen when i blip the throttle.... is this good or bad, and how do i fix this ?? will it go away when i lean it out???

and the pinion gear got soo hot that when shut the car off after a run the gear melted.... never had this problem the first time i broke in my other red dot... im baffled...

thanks

mike
soon a 1/8th on road
Duratrax Maximum ST Pro
Hpimichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:26 AM   #2
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpimichael View Post
hey guys,

im breaking in a new red dot for my rolling Frame R40, heres my question, im just running it at quarter throttle and less and running really rich, but when i blip the throttle it was to flame out but just drops in RPM and then kicks back to the higher rpm this only happen when i blip the throttle.... is this good or bad, and how do i fix this ?? will it go away when i lean it out???
When you open the throttle not more then 25%, even when you have opened the HSN to a richer setting, the engine will run a bit "lean".
Now when you blip the throttle with this very rich HSN setting, the engine get's a lot of fuel, and want's to flame out, sound perfectly normal to me....

Quote:
and the pinion gear got soo hot that when shut the car off after a run the gear melted.... never had this problem the first time i broke in my other red dot... im baffled...

thanks

mike
When running in an engine, set your clutch to early engagement, to prevent it from to much slip, and overheating.....
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote