R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 04-15-2007, 08:12 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

I'd also have to agree with OS engines. They are smooth, reliable, and inexpensive to rebuild. The Speed Tuned is no slouch by any means and is FAST. Regardless I've seen fast guys at my track using a bone stock TZ in whatever car they used to run and it'd keep up with anything. Don't forget to add in the NINJA as it's also a great motor for the price (same as the TZ) and FAST.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:12 PM   #32
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMD
I didn't see any nova's or jp's (or any other motor for that matter) "walking away" from the OS Speed 12TZ that won the GLC in Toledo last year. Would you consider this a "larger track"? Hmmm...
I NEVER mentioned Speed Tuned ONCE. I did mention TZ, just not Speed tuned TZ. Plus this does not fall under inexpensive. I can get the 12-3 and LOTS of others engines cheaper then the speed tuned. At least the places I purchase from. I have never seen a OS Speed tune run, only a regular TZ. I would hope it keeps up with the Nova's and JP's since it's in the same price catagory. My guess is that Speed tuned that won in Toledo was not purchaced off the shelf, though I could be wrong. I have heard they are pretty fast though. Plus I'm not familiar with that track, but it sounds like you are. Trust me, I have nothing against OS. I even owned a regular TZ and my airplanes are filled with OS engines. But with my experience, this is NOT the engine I would run at a large track. Maybe the Speed tuned...yes, If I knew more about the Speed Tuned, I might purchase one of those some day. But for now I'm quite happy with my RB's, Novas and JP's and soon IDM's. But either way, thank you for the Toledo race update. What car was he racing that OS in? Just curious is all. Later
Old 04-15-2007, 01:17 PM   #33
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd
But either way, thank you for the Toledo race update. What car was he racing that OS in? Just curious is all. Later
Mugen MTX-4.
Gael L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 02:06 PM   #34
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
You said what most of us were thinking anyway!

Besides, take a look at what most of our signatures say we run..!
Point tanken my friend! I will admit I was a bit tired when I wrote that, so not sure if my point made any sence. A lot of you guys have some killer equipment for sure. No I didn't realize this at first, well maybe not all of you. I suppose that I just think out loud sometimes. You all had great imput on this thread though I will have to admit. Meaning no one was telling dude to go for the $500 dollar Murnan Modifieds and all. Well you get my point. Great job everyone!
Old 04-15-2007, 02:07 PM   #35
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa G
Mugen MTX-4.
Thanks bro!
Old 04-15-2007, 04:43 PM   #36
Tech Addict

I would still rather buy a Picco IDM or JL Racing engine than anything from novarossi right now. The performance is just as good. Novarossi used to be top of the line, and may yet still be. However, I don't see people running $200 Red Dots having any trouble wooping up on the JP FX motors at some of the races.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:43 PM   #37
Tech Adept

i would go with the nova (thats from the choices you have posted)
kyosho 444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:22 AM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here's what you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd
Small to medium tracks wouldn't need a JP modified for example. But get on a larger track and watch them walk away form the cheaper motors.
So, that was the only thing I was arguing. A JP full option w/ceramic is close to $500. @nitronation. A OS Speed 12TZ can be bought for around $300 from Hong Kong. I think most people would consider $300 cheaper than $500.

The Toledo track is amazing with great people running the show. Everyone should try to get to the Great Lakes Challange race that they have every year. It's a great time.

MINO Racing
JetMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:28 AM   #39

Check this out and look at the Ofna/Picco JLR.12 Red-dot. you can purchase ithis motor from Kamikaze Rcing here's the link http://kamikazercracing.com/products.php?cat=4 these motors are fast and reliable and did I mention cheap!
Fred P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:03 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred P
Check this out and look at the Ofna/Picco JLR.12 Red-dot. you can purchase ithis motor from Kamikaze Rcing here's the link http://kamikazercracing.com/products.php?cat=4 these motors are fast and reliable and did I mention cheap!
Nice price! Are they easily tuned by a newbie to nitro?
rraden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:15 PM   #41
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rraden
You'll be surprise on how easy the JL engine tunes.
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 01:38 PM   #42
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rraden
it can be a little lean or a little rich on either needle and the performance will still be stellar. There isn't a really an issue with tuning them. Motors like the Orion Wasp however, are really picky. Takes a very careful tuner to get them right. Just the opposite is true with the Red Dot, and almost anyone can tune it and get stellar performance from the engine.