R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 04-10-2007, 07:31 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRX4-R03
I would go with the Murnan#1 and would def stay away from the EB MODS and JIM HOTTINGER mods they do nothing to the crank and this is the mod you will get for 100.00 or up from them

crap, no blue printing and so on..

I have run several of Jim's engines and every one has ran great. You are correct that he does nothing with the crank, but I have had great success with his engines. I can also say this. I have seen several of Uriah's engines run. They all ran fine. I have talked to him at a few races and he seems like a great guy. I got one and it was the worst engine I have owned. I will chalk it up to me not getting it right as like I said I have seen plenty of them run well.

Calling his work crap is pretty harsh. You know he basically was doing all Paris racing engines for the last few years of Paris racing.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:55 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
I have run several of Jim's engines and every one has ran great. You are correct that he does nothing with the crank, but I have had great success with his engines. I can also say this. I have seen several of Uriah's engines run. They all ran fine. I have talked to him at a few races and he seems like a great guy. I got one and it was the worst engine I have owned. I will chalk it up to me not getting it right as like I said I have seen plenty of them run well.

Calling his work crap is pretty harsh. You know he basically was doing all Paris racing engines for the last few years of Paris racing.
What engine did you get from Uriah? Why was it the worst engine you have owned?

When I've contracted Uriah directly, he has always been very helpful and supportive - even before I bought an engine from him. What did Uriah have to say about your issues?
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:57 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Quote:

That's the first time I've seen anyone mention a problem with a Murnan engine.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:00 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Scott

I dont mean his work is crap, I am just saying he charges 125.00 for modding and all you get is a cut on sleeve I think that is crap..
Have you seen what Murnan does for 100.00, he does work not a cut and I dont mean it in a bad way, that is just the way I see it..
MRX4-R03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:02 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii

When I've contracted Uriah directly, he has always been very helpful and supportive - even before I bought an engine from him. What did Uriah have to say about your issues?
Old 04-10-2007, 08:44 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii

I got a Mugen X12 from him. It ran the engine hotter than any of the other novarossi engines I owned, it used more gas and made less power. At this point (well after the fact) I am fairly certain I needed to lean it out even more. Problem was it was already running as hot or hotter than I liked running the NS series engines. I felt that it would really shorten the life of the engine running hotter.

I spoke to him briefly and he always seemed willing to help out with anything but I didn't really go to far with it. I sold the engine and went back to what works for me.

Like I said, I have seen plenty of his engines run just fine. The ones I have seen run well, I don't think are any better than anybody else's engine, but they ran fine. I really don't want to turn this thread into a thread about Uriah or his engines. I was more upset that I felt somebody that has been very good to me was being attacked, so I responded a bit childlike by attacking back.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:59 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for providing the details Scott. I think that clears things up.
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:02 PM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

so if my JLR "Red-Dot" is brand spanking new and I send him $100 and the engien I can have it modfied?
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:06 PM   #24
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution
so if my JLR "Red-Dot" is brand spanking new and I send him $100 and the engien I can have it modfied?
$150

Chris Kemper
Osiris 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:51 PM   #25
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

i was just wondering, cause from what I hear that engine has a ton of balls stock.
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:53 PM   #26
Tech Addict

Quote:
I got a Mugen X12 from him. It ran the engine hotter than any of the other novarossi engines I owned, it used more gas and made less power. At this point (well after the fact) I am fairly certain I needed to lean it out even more. Problem was it was already running as hot or hotter than I liked running the NS series engines. I felt that it would really shorten the life of the engine running hotter.

I spoke to him briefly and he always seemed willing to help out with anything but I didn't really go to far with it. I sold the engine and went back to what works for me.

Like I said, I have seen plenty of his engines run just fine. The ones I have seen run well, I don't think are any better than anybody else's engine, but they ran fine. I really don't want to turn this thread into a thread about Uriah or his engines. I was more upset that I felt somebody that has been very good to me was being attacked, so I responded a bit childlike by attacking back.
Weird because I have a Mugen X12 right now that is modded by JP Racing. To make a long story short it doesn't have these symptoms. I am not sure what mods Murnan does and what mods JP does specifically.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:55 PM   #27
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution
i was just wondering, cause from what I hear that engine has a ton of balls stock.
Any quality stock engine would. In the hands of a capable driver anyhow. There's just something really sweet about having a killer modded engine though
Old 04-10-2007, 10:48 PM   #28
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (95%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to loopedout

I need someone that will mod a used engine, good running used engine.
THD Custom R/C Products/Team Holy Rollers/Team Terribles
loopedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:53 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRX4-R03
I would go with the Murnan#1 and would def stay away from the EB MODS and JIM HOTTINGER mods they do nothing to the crank and this is the mod you will get for 100.00 or up from them

crap, no blue printing and so on..
Here is modding
MRX4, can you please explain 'blue printing'?

Remember my favorite saying--'you can polish a turd all you want, but you'll still end up with a turd in the end, albeit a shiny turd, but a turd none the less!'

By the way, in EB's defense, He is pretty serious about his craft and he recently added an Xdyno to his line of equipment. I expect very good things from him in the near future.

BK
mxwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:31 AM   #30
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxwrench
MRX4, can you please explain 'blue printing'?

Remember my favorite saying--'you can polish a turd all you want, but you'll still end up with a turd in the end, albeit a shiny turd, but a turd none the less!'

By the way, in EB's defense, He is pretty serious about his craft and he recently added an Xdyno to his line of equipment. I expect very good things from him in the near future.

BK
No mxwrench I cannot explain blue printing,
I said what I said earlier because I have had 2 tz.12 in my one eb .12 and the other box stock and have measured the crank, bore, and not a DAME thing was different from them but the flow ramp, and as the for sleeve ok he did touch it. Now you tell me is that worth the money
I am done with this tread, I just wanted to post my 2 cents on rip off modders..