R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 02-24-2007, 04:22 PM   #16
Tech Master

What ive found with taking out fro the Geo Dome is you get a few things happen

1 Lower geometric compression = Higher RPM and slichtly less torque

2 Cooler temps from the head

3 Greater turbulence in the cylinder which promotes responce and fuel economy

To what degree of improvements depends on the individual situation. I tried the Multi cut about 4 years ago with a P5 off road engine , I cut about 4 head buttons and each week i gauged their results by swapping out for each race meet. I did this with a standard and turbo button and found the greatest gains from a single notch in a turbo facing the exhaust.. BUT ! i tried a 3 notch in a standard head button.. 1 in the front above the front intake port and 2 on a 45 deg andgle towards the exhaust. I then cut back the head button .2 mm to reduce its standard ratio and took a .2 shim to bring it back.. ..

I was a mennace ! it sounded like a rotary engine lol It created a lot of torque and great top end .. But rear bearings and rods wore very quickly..

MM
Engine development manager Rifling Pty Ltd. Nitro fuel designer : Neo + World record title holder 2012 Austalian Nationals 147.6 KPH , 1 st 2 nd and TQ Australian National Buggy titles 2012. Victorian State title 2012 Neo + , South Australian state title ON and Off Road 1/8 2012 Neo + :-) QLD State Titles 2012 1st buggy & trruggy + TQ Neo + MG66 RX7 1st Sportsman Class Truggy QLD State Titles 2012 !! Nitro Addicts Australia . com
MassiveMods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:49 AM   #17
40%
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveMods
i tried a 3 notch in a standard head button.. 1 in the front above the front intake port and 2 on a 45 deg angled towards the exhaust. I then cut back the head button .2 mm to reduce its standard ratio and took a .2 shim to bring it back.. ..

I was a menace ! it sounded like a rotary engine lol It created a lot of torque and great top end .. But rear bearings and rods wore very quickly..

MM
Bro u meant u shaved the button to .02mm and u added .02 shim ?. Did any timing problems arise with the notch facing the front intake?. What was the average fuel consumption b4 the bearings or conrod starts to show signs of wear?
40% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:09 AM   #18
40%
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveMods View Post
What ive found with taking out fro the Geo Dome is you get a few things happen

1 Lower geometric compression = Higher RPM and slichtly less torque

2 Cooler temps from the head

3 Greater turbulence in the cylinder which promotes responce and fuel economy

To what degree of improvements depends on the individual situation. I tried the Multi cut about 4 years ago with a P5 off road engine , I cut about 4 head buttons and each week i gauged their results by swapping out for each race meet. I did this with a standard and turbo button and found the greatest gains from a single notch in a turbo facing the exhaust.. BUT ! i tried a 3 notch in a standard head button.. 1 in the front above the front intake port and 2 on a 45 deg andgle towards the exhaust. I then cut back the head button .2 mm to reduce its standard ratio and took a .2 shim to bring it back.. ..

I was a mennace ! it sounded like a rotary engine lol It created a lot of torque and great top end .. But rear bearings and rods wore very quickly..

MM
Indeed it does sound like a rotary engine. I've mastered the technic and have modded all my engines with the 3 grooves for standard plugs. Has that different sound and power is on demand
40% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:25 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Pics please !!!
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:45 PM   #20
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor View Post