R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 09-08-2007, 05:23 AM   #286
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Mark just a quick post to say how awsome the GO's are!! Ive been running one in my LSP down here in adelaide, and can honestly not fault it. Im pulling the pin in Truggy and going back to MT, Darren(RCHZ) and myself are keen to relight the flame as MT is dying off a bit here. Im gonna sell the LSP with the GO in it as they are a match made in heaven!!! It will be missed though, its by far the best engine Ive owned, and thats a few. Looking forward to the GO 28's ariving so we can tear some gearboxes and diffs apart in our svage racers!!!

PS - MMHB444 Fuel, ive never looked back!! I guess ill see you at the SA Titles???
MASSIVE MODS A-MAIN & HB 444 RACING FUEL & GO ENGINES
www.massivemods.com.au
Rookie 4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:24 PM   #287
Tech Master

Yep im gonna be there ! Glad you like it !

and yes we got the MT Savage Go engines on order so it wont be long now .. The shipment we recieved a few days ago went before they hit our shop ! I tried the new 3 port .28 and my god its good ! easy to tune, runs forever , very good power ! People are raving about them !

MM
Engine development manager Rifling Pty Ltd. Nitro fuel designer : Neo + World record title holder 2012 Austalian Nationals 147.6 KPH , 1 st 2 nd and TQ Australian National Buggy titles 2012. Victorian State title 2012 Neo + , South Australian state title ON and Off Road 1/8 2012 Neo + :-) QLD State Titles 2012 1st buggy & trruggy + TQ Neo + MG66 RX7 1st Sportsman Class Truggy QLD State Titles 2012 !! Nitro Addicts Australia . com
MassiveMods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:15 AM   #288
Tech Addict

Shit I must have jinxed myself Mark!!! I had a great day in my last truggy meet for the year my Go was screaming its head off all day as usual... At the end of the meet went out for a tag team match with Darren, (during the day I shimmed up another .2 as the combustion chamber was jet black and i presumed I might have had a bit of detonation goin on?) anyhow, i was powering down the back straight when the 40 000rpm scream came to an instant stop, kind of like a fly hitting a wall at 40mph! I new it was over! I will pull the motor apart when I get a chance and let you know what i find... She's locked solid so I doubt it will be too good!!

To any one else whos reading this, the engine is nearly a season old and has been tuned to the brink of exploding (145c/160c) since day one... Because the engine didnt cost me an arm and a leg, pushing it to its limits was always on the cards! I was surprised it didnt happen sooner!!! IMO these things are tough as nails and im sure treated with a tad of respect would last alot longer. Oh well looks like im keeping the LSP now as its going to have a brand new Go 7P fitted, with a Massive Stage 5 of course!!

Ill fill you in with the damage when I get a chance to have a look....
www.massivemods.com.au
Old 09-20-2007, 11:36 AM   #289
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

I am kicking around the idea for next year to try nitro again, really just devote myself to it if I don't do a 1/8 scale electric conversion.

Anyway, I had experience with an OS 21VG that after alittle over half a gallon started to have firing issues and wouldn't stay running, eventually it got to the point that I just sold the whole works (buggy and all, miss the buggy) and went with my electric. Engine lasted 3 more weeks (sealed up by new owner, ran great as he said) and died completely.

So my next engine I want something that will hold its tune for more than just a half a gallon in, or at least, won't have me hunting for a tune and is heatsinked quite well.

A driver who i race with recommends Go Tech engines, so I am here to get the skinny on them.

I am planning if I get one to use this in a 1/8 scale buggy, or possibly a truggy. fuel to be used with be 20% byrons.

I need to know the following:

1. Glow plugs that work best with that fuel range
2. Pipes that work best with engine types for buggy and truggy
3. Which type works best for buggy versus truggy and why?
4. Do all the engines include extra glow plugs?

Thanks for all the info.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:02 AM   #290
Tech Addict

if you read back a couple of pages you will find all the info you need...
www.massivemods.com.au
Old 09-25-2007, 04:46 AM   #291
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie 4.6 View Post
Shit I must have jinxed myself Mark!!! I had a great day in my last truggy meet for the year my Go was screaming its head off all day as usual... At the end of the meet went out for a tag team match with Darren, (during the day I shimmed up another .2 as the combustion chamber was jet black and i presumed I might have had a bit of detonation goin on?) anyhow, i was powering down the back straight when the 40 000rpm scream came to an instant stop, kind of like a fly hitting a wall at 40mph! I new it was over! I will pull the motor apart when I get a chance and let you know what i find... She's locked solid so I doubt it will be too good!!

To any one else whos reading this, the engine is nearly a season old and has been tuned to the brink of exploding (145c/160c) since day one... Because the engine didnt cost me an arm and a leg, pushing it to its limits was always on the cards! I was surprised it didnt happen sooner!!! IMO these things are tough as nails and im sure treated with a tad of respect would last alot longer. Oh well looks like im keeping the LSP now as its going to have a brand new Go 7P fitted, with a Massive Stage 5 of course!!

Ill fill you in with the damage when I get a chance to have a look....
thats awesome ! let me know what happened ! woo hoo
Engine development manager Rifling Pty Ltd. Nitro fuel designer : Neo + World record title holder 2012 Austalian Nationals 147.6 KPH , 1 st 2 nd and TQ Australian National Buggy titles 2012. Victorian State title 2012 Neo + , South Australian state title ON and Off Road 1/8 2012 Neo + :-) QLD State Titles 2012 1st buggy & trruggy + TQ Neo + MG66 RX7 1st Sportsman Class Truggy QLD State Titles 2012 !! Nitro Addicts Australia . com
Old 09-25-2007, 04:49 AM   #292
Tech Master

Hi cain . to answer your questions

1. Glow plugs that work best with that fuel range

20% nitro you would use a medium plug , #6

2. Pipes that work best with engine types for buggy and truggy

We found the following work well LRP 2063 , HN 2062 , SH 2060 , HN 2047 in that order

3. Which type works best for buggy versus truggy and why?

Truggy we found 2063 works because of the torque the pipe gives , HN 2047 for buggy .. its smoother in bottom ..

4. Do all the engines include extra glow plugs?

No plugs included

hope this helps !

Cheers MM
Old 09-26-2007, 08:06 PM   #293
Tech Regular

Cain if you purchase a standard head engine and are inside the U.S. the engine should come with 2 glowplugs. Also if you not stuck to E.F.R.A. rules regarding the pipe, I would reccomend the 086 for the 5port and the 053 for the 7port, If I could only afford 1 pipe it would be the 053 since the 7port is more pipe sensitive. This is very similar to what Mark posted, but If your in the U.S. you can race legally with 2 chamber pipes.

If you can find Go tech plugs and run standard plugs the Go #5 (medium) would be the best on 20%

I come from an electric background and can tell you that the Go Techs powerband is as close to electric as you can get, very smooth and linear.

I would also reccomend the 5port race engine as its a little less sensitive to tuning and clutching.
Rocket42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:00 PM   #294
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jason Halvorson Send a message via MSN to Jason Halvorson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post

A driver who i race with recommends Go Tech engines, so I am here to get the skinny on them.

cain, im glad that you take my advice when choosing engines...
Jason Halvorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:32 PM   #295
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Thumbs up

GO .25 on the way for my 8T. I'm stoked! I've been runing the GO7 all season and have been extremely happy with it. I always just wish I had a little more torque on the bottom-midrange. The .25 is supposed to have the top end of the .21 with more bottom,and similar runtime,so it sounds like a perfect truggy engine to me. I've got a brand new 053 pipe here waiting for it. I've got a few different pipes to experiment with,but the GO engines really seem to like the 053,although the 2013 helped wake the bottom end up on my GO7.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:00 AM   #296
Tech Addict

how does the go engine perform ON ROAD 1:10?
how does it compare to other brands
what engine size do u recommend and what pipe?
www.X3MTOYS.com
0917-861-7676 / 02-474-5208
airsofter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:17 PM   #297
Tech Regular

I run a Go 7 port .21 in my MRX4-R as my club motor . It has been modded by Massive Mods to stage 6 . While not having the grunt of the $1000+ top end motors we see in 1/8th on-road it still goes OK . I rate it as a good club engine and for $400(modded) I can get 2.5 Go's for the price of one Italian mill .
azcau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:44 AM   #298
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
GO .25 on the way for my 8T. I'm stoked! I've been runing the GO7 all season and have been extremely happy with it. I always just wish I had a little more torque on the bottom-midrange. The .25 is supposed to have the top end of the .21 with more bottom,and similar runtime,so it sounds like a perfect truggy engine to me. I've got a brand new 053 pipe here waiting for it. I've got a few different pipes to experiment with,but the GO engines really seem to like the 053,although the 2013 helped wake the bottom end up on my GO7.
Will be interesting to see how the .25 goes compared to the .21 you will have to let us know?
www.massivemods.com.au
Old 11-06-2007, 10:48 PM   #299
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jason Halvorson Send a message via MSN to Jason Halvorson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie 4.6 View Post
Will be interesting to see how the .25 goes compared to the .21 you will have to let us know?
the .25 has a bigger bottom with the same top as the .21...imo its another great mill from Go Tech...
Jason Halvorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 04:44 AM   #300
Tech Regular

Massive Mods Stage 6 7 Port Go Tech got me to 4th at our Xmas cup at Lilydale onroad club (MRCCR.com). Not bad against Collari's, Max's and a Murnan Modified Nova Rossi. In fact I'm pretty happy with this motor overall. Top end is as good as anything out there, just need to get it to spool up a bit quicker. Is there a stage 7 or 8, Mark?
azcau is offline   Reply With Quote