Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Which car are you going to put it on?
Old 11-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Which car are you going to put it on?
My MTX4R, just taken the Sirio Evo3 out and replaced it with the Mega ZX .12sports (KicKass modded) for this weekends racing, then will start running in the Red Dot, going to keep 1 stock and the other will look at getting modded also got some novarossi 2730 pipes to try, a few guy's are running them over here and are quite happy with there performance with this engine, so i have a few options to explore, if i had enough time i'd get one of these engines ready for the weekend but the weather is not looking good over here at the moment or for the next day or 2
Old 11-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mugenville
My MTX4R, just taken the Sirio Evo3 out and replaced it with the Mega ZX .12sports (KicKass modded) for this weekends racing, then will start running in the Red Dot, going to keep 1 stock and the other will look at getting modded also got some novarossi 2730 pipes to try, a few guy's are running them over here and are quite happy with there performance with this engine, so i have a few options to explore, if i had enough time i'd get one of these engines ready for the weekend but the weather is not looking good over here at the moment or for the next day or 2
Getting modded? I advise not to, it will end up having a run time issue, keep it stock, actually the crank, the backplate are already modded.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default any mod on the sleeves??

Hi sam,
is there any mod done to the sleeves?? the pic at ur web doesn't show... the bore at the crank seems bigger is it??
for the price and the performance... i think this engine is really hard to beat...
might want to get 1 soon... thanks
Old 11-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ck960
Hi sam,
is there any mod done to the sleeves?? the pic at ur web doesn't show... the bore at the crank seems bigger is it??
for the price and the performance... i think this engine is really hard to beat...
might want to get 1 soon... thanks
There is no "Fancy" tear drops done (which does not really improve anything)but the timing is different to the first generation JL's.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Getting modded? I advise not to, it will end up having a run time issue, keep it stock, actually the crank, the backplate are already modded.
I'll see how it fares against my mates modded Gen1 Red Dot
Old 11-07-2007, 01:21 AM
Tech Regular

Default JLR3

OKay it looks like the crank bore was increased on the evo3. It needed it. I did that to all my evo2's and it improved the mid and top end of the motor. I am curious as to the timing change..........was the timing changed at the crank or on the port timing? I'm going to buy afew of these for next season, as well as afew new pipes. I ran two JLR's last year and they ran great. My stock JLR's really woke up on on increasing crank bore, and with a minute crank timing change. I was never a big believer in hacking up the sleeves. It just seems to make the motor use more fuel with little or no power gain. Unless perhaps the evo3 had some changes done to the exhaust port? That I don't know. Anybody?
Old 11-07-2007, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default IDM?

So what are you trying to say?
My point is they now look the same on the outside from the photos I've seen. I would like to see some photos of the inside.It would be nice to see photos side by side to see actually where and what is different.

Make sense?

I am in Houston maybe I can get Jeffy to show me his Red dot because we know its "bone stock" and I will take apart an IDM so we can take a couple of pics so people can see what isdifferent.

Brad
Old 11-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RayJ
OKay it looks like the crank bore was increased on the evo3. It needed it. I did that to all my evo2's and it improved the mid and top end of the motor. I am curious as to the timing change..........was the timing changed at the crank or on the port timing? I'm going to buy afew of these for next season, as well as afew new pipes. I ran two JLR's last year and they ran great. My stock JLR's really woke up on on increasing crank bore, and with a minute crank timing change. I was never a big believer in hacking up the sleeves. It just seems to make the motor use more fuel with little or no power gain. Unless perhaps the evo3 had some changes done to the exhaust port? That I don't know. Anybody?
According to the phone conversation between Jeffrey Lin and Alberto Picco, majority of the change are all in the crankshaft and backplate.

Originally Posted by YBSLOW
My point is they now look the same on the outside from the photos I've seen. I would like to see some photos of the inside.It would be nice to see photos side by side to see actually where and what is different.

Make sense?

I am in Houston maybe I can get Jeffy to show me his Red dot because we know its "bone stock" and I will take apart an IDM so we can take a couple of pics so people can see what isdifferent.

Brad
If both motors are EVO 3, don't you think it should look the same?
Old 11-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The crankcases now are the same. This is true your backplate is different as well. The crankshaft is also different the reddot has a larger diameter intake track then the IDM this was tested and found not to be as good of performance according to Daniele this is why he stayed with the smaller bore. Also the carbs are different the reddot has the older style composite carb while the IDM evo3 has the new style insulated. There are alot of differences to the IDM to the JL. Not in anyway saying that the JL is a bad engine but the saying has held true to this point being that you get what you pay for. The piston/Sleeve set is also different. Other then the modification the fitting of the components are also different. That is the reason we have motors out there with 7 gallons through them. There are many, many, many engines out on the market that are good and these are just a few of them.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by xspower
The crankcases now are the same. This is true your backplate is different as well. The crankshaft is also different the reddot has a larger diameter intake track then the IDM this was tested and found not to be as good of performance according to Daniele this is why he stayed with the smaller bore. Also the carbs are different the reddot has the older style composite carb while the IDM evo3 has the new style insulated. There are alot of differences to the IDM to the JL. Not in anyway saying that the JL is a bad engine but the saying has held true to this point being that you get what you pay for. The piston/Sleeve set is also different. Other then the modification the fitting of the components are also different. That is the reason we have motors out there with 7 gallons through them. There are many, many, many engines out on the market that are good and these are just a few of them.
pay less price for better engine, Idm overprice, JL fast strong also good price, I have one 8 galons already and still fast.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:19 AM
Tech Rookie

I remember you saying on another thread that the crankcase is different, now you are saying that the crankcase are now the "same", it's funny that the crankcase are exactly the same ones from the first generation JL's, and you mentioned you get what you pay for meaning??? maybe you forgot to mention that they are both made by PICCO, I don't think you have a clue on what you are trying to say, how much is the IDM about $350.00 compared to JL's which sells for only $179.95 and the reason why the JL's are priced this low is because the owner of OFNA wants to be fair on pricing the engines, just so everybody can have some fun racing again, you can actually buy 2 JL's for the price of 1 IDM which JL's are proven to be faster than your IDM, for short "OFNA does not want to rip people off", I understand that you are desperately trying to Promote your own product, saying that the piston/sleeve are different is a total B@llsh%t, the only difference are the teardrops which are for looks, there is no real benefit for it, and you said "the modification/fitting of the components are also different" actually the JL's internals are fitted better than your Idm, it is so perfectly fit it produces serious horsepower, it;s funny how you invent words just to promote your product, look at this thread, how many people came and post that they are really happy with the performance of the JL's. The performance of the motor speaks for itself.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:25 AM
Tech Champion

Very well said.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JL RACING
I remember you saying on another thread that the crankcase is different, now you are saying that the crankcase are now the "same", it's funny that the crankcase are exactly the same ones from the first generation JL's, and you mentioned you get what you pay for meaning??? maybe you forgot to mention that they are both made by PICCO, I don't think you have a clue on what you are trying to say, how much is the IDM about $350.00 compared to JL's which sells for only $179.95 and the reason why the JL's are priced this low is because the owner of OFNA wants to be fair on pricing the engines, just so everybody can have some fun racing again, you can actually buy 2 JL's for the price of 1 IDM which JL's are proven to be faster than your IDM, for short "OFNA does not want to rip people off", I understand that you are desperately trying to Promote your own product, saying that the piston/sleeve are different is a total B@llsh%t, the only difference are the teardrops which are for looks, there is no real benefit for it, and you said "the modification/fitting of the components are also different" actually the JL's internals are fitted better than your Idm, it is so perfectly fit it produces serious horsepower, it;s funny how you invent words just to promote your product, look at this thread, how many people came and post that they are really happy with the performance of the JL's. The performance of the motor speaks for itself.
Daniele Ielasi attended a race which we had organized last weekend and I had a lot of time to talk to him about his engines.

I learned a lot of things about engines and why they perform or don't perform, which i never thought of. Trust me, the only one here who has no clue what he's talking about is you!
Old 11-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by stefan
Daniele Ielasi attended a race which we had organized last weekend and I had a lot of time to talk to him about his engines.

I learned a lot of things about engines and why they perform or don't perform, which i never thought of. Trust me, the only one here who has no clue what he's talking about is you!
What you know about engines? you think you smart? I think you dumb.
all you do is bash on most thread, you got notin good to do, I don't think you talk to Ielasi because Italians hates Germans

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.