R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-06-2007, 07:17 PM   #886
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Which car are you going to put it on?
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:49 PM   #887
Tech Master
 
Mugenville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,176
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
Which car are you going to put it on?
My MTX4R, just taken the Sirio Evo3 out and replaced it with the Mega ZX .12sports (KicKass modded) for this weekends racing, then will start running in the Red Dot, going to keep 1 stock and the other will look at getting modded also got some novarossi 2730 pipes to try, a few guy's are running them over here and are quite happy with there performance with this engine, so i have a few options to explore, if i had enough time i'd get one of these engines ready for the weekend but the weather is not looking good over here at the moment or for the next day or 2
Mugenville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:07 PM   #888
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugenville View Post
My MTX4R, just taken the Sirio Evo3 out and replaced it with the Mega ZX .12sports (KicKass modded) for this weekends racing, then will start running in the Red Dot, going to keep 1 stock and the other will look at getting modded also got some novarossi 2730 pipes to try, a few guy's are running them over here and are quite happy with there performance with this engine, so i have a few options to explore, if i had enough time i'd get one of these engines ready for the weekend but the weather is not looking good over here at the moment or for the next day or 2
Getting modded? I advise not to, it will end up having a run time issue, keep it stock, actually the crank, the backplate are already modded.
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:00 PM   #889
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 723
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default any mod on the sleeves??

Hi sam,
is there any mod done to the sleeves?? the pic at ur web doesn't show... the bore at the crank seems bigger is it??
for the price and the performance... i think this engine is really hard to beat...
might want to get 1 soon... thanks
ck960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:15 PM   #890
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck960 View Post
Hi sam,
is there any mod done to the sleeves?? the pic at ur web doesn't show... the bore at the crank seems bigger is it??
for the price and the performance... i think this engine is really hard to beat...
might want to get 1 soon... thanks
There is no "Fancy" tear drops done (which does not really improve anything)but the timing is different to the first generation JL's.
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:01 AM   #891
Tech Master
 
Mugenville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,176
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
Getting modded? I advise not to, it will end up having a run time issue, keep it stock, actually the crank, the backplate are already modded.
I'll see how it fares against my mates modded Gen1 Red Dot
Mugenville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:21 AM   #892
Tech Regular
 
RayJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 445
Default JLR3

OKay it looks like the crank bore was increased on the evo3. It needed it. I did that to all my evo2's and it improved the mid and top end of the motor. I am curious as to the timing change..........was the timing changed at the crank or on the port timing? I'm going to buy afew of these for next season, as well as afew new pipes. I ran two JLR's last year and they ran great. My stock JLR's really woke up on on increasing crank bore, and with a minute crank timing change. I was never a big believer in hacking up the sleeves. It just seems to make the motor use more fuel with little or no power gain. Unless perhaps the evo3 had some changes done to the exhaust port? That I don't know. Anybody?
RayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:51 AM   #893
Tech Elite
 
YBSLOW's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: ARIZONA
Posts: 2,368
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default IDM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
So what are you trying to say?
My point is they now look the same on the outside from the photos I've seen. I would like to see some photos of the inside.It would be nice to see photos side by side to see actually where and what is different.

Make sense?

I am in Houston maybe I can get Jeffy to show me his Red dot because we know its "bone stock" and I will take apart an IDM so we can take a couple of pics so people can see what isdifferent.

Brad
__________________
YBSLOW Racing
RC Target - Capricorn
HOTRACE Tyres, Tru Source, Fantom
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:59 AM   #894
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJ View Post
OKay it looks like the crank bore was increased on the evo3. It needed it. I did that to all my evo2's and it improved the mid and top end of the motor. I am curious as to the timing change..........was the timing changed at the crank or on the port timing? I'm going to buy afew of these for next season, as well as afew new pipes. I ran two JLR's last year and they ran great. My stock JLR's really woke up on on increasing crank bore, and with a minute crank timing change. I was never a big believer in hacking up the sleeves. It just seems to make the motor use more fuel with little or no power gain. Unless perhaps the evo3 had some changes done to the exhaust port? That I don't know. Anybody?
According to the phone conversation between Jeffrey Lin and Alberto Picco, majority of the change are all in the crankshaft and backplate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBSLOW View Post
My point is they now look the same on the outside from the photos I've seen. I would like to see some photos of the inside.It would be nice to see photos side by side to see actually where and what is different.

Make sense?

I am in Houston maybe I can get Jeffy to show me his Red dot because we know its "bone stock" and I will take apart an IDM so we can take a couple of pics so people can see what isdifferent.

Brad
If both motors are EVO 3, don't you think it should look the same?
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:18 PM   #895
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 498
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

The crankcases now are the same. This is true your backplate is different as well. The crankshaft is also different the reddot has a larger diameter intake track then the IDM this was tested and found not to be as good of performance according to Daniele this is why he stayed with the smaller bore. Also the carbs are different the reddot has the older style composite carb while the IDM evo3 has the new style insulated. There are alot of differences to the IDM to the JL. Not in anyway saying that the JL is a bad engine but the saying has held true to this point being that you get what you pay for. The piston/Sleeve set is also different. Other then the modification the fitting of the components are also different. That is the reason we have motors out there with 7 gallons through them. There are many, many, many engines out on the market that are good and these are just a few of them.
xspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:48 PM   #896
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspower View Post
The crankcases now are the same. This is true your backplate is different as well. The crankshaft is also different the reddot has a larger diameter intake track then the IDM this was tested and found not to be as good of performance according to Daniele this is why he stayed with the smaller bore. Also the carbs are different the reddot has the older style composite carb while the IDM evo3 has the new style insulated. There are alot of differences to the IDM to the JL. Not in anyway saying that the JL is a bad engine but the saying has held true to this point being that you get what you pay for. The piston/Sleeve set is also different. Other then the modification the fitting of the components are also different. That is the reason we have motors out there with 7 gallons through them. There are many, many, many engines out on the market that are good and these are just a few of them.
pay less price for better engine, Idm overprice, JL fast strong also good price, I have one 8 galons already and still fast.
E.Rocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:19 AM   #897
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11
Default

I remember you saying on another thread that the crankcase is different, now you are saying that the crankcase are now the "same", it's funny that the crankcase are exactly the same ones from the first generation JL's, and you mentioned you get what you pay for meaning??? maybe you forgot to mention that they are both made by PICCO, I don't think you have a clue on what you are trying to say, how much is the IDM about $350.00 compared to JL's which sells for only $179.95 and the reason why the JL's are priced this low is because the owner of OFNA wants to be fair on pricing the engines, just so everybody can have some fun racing again, you can actually buy 2 JL's for the price of 1 IDM which JL's are proven to be faster than your IDM, for short "OFNA does not want to rip people off", I understand that you are desperately trying to Promote your own product, saying that the piston/sleeve are different is a total [email protected]%t, the only difference are the teardrops which are for looks, there is no real benefit for it, and you said "the modification/fitting of the components are also different" actually the JL's internals are fitted better than your Idm, it is so perfectly fit it produces serious horsepower, it;s funny how you invent words just to promote your product, look at this thread, how many people came and post that they are really happy with the performance of the JL's. The performance of the motor speaks for itself.
JL RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:25 AM   #898
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Very well said.
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:02 PM   #899
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL RACING View Post
I remember you saying on another thread that the crankcase is different, now you are saying that the crankcase are now the "same", it's funny that the crankcase are exactly the same ones from the first generation JL's, and you mentioned you get what you pay for meaning??? maybe you forgot to mention that they are both made by PICCO, I don't think you have a clue on what you are trying to say, how much is the IDM about $350.00 compared to JL's which sells for only $179.95 and the reason why the JL's are priced this low is because the owner of OFNA wants to be fair on pricing the engines, just so everybody can have some fun racing again, you can actually buy 2 JL's for the price of 1 IDM which JL's are proven to be faster than your IDM, for short "OFNA does not want to rip people off", I understand that you are desperately trying to Promote your own product, saying that the piston/sleeve are different is a total [email protected]%t, the only difference are the teardrops which are for looks, there is no real benefit for it, and you said "the modification/fitting of the components are also different" actually the JL's internals are fitted better than your Idm, it is so perfectly fit it produces serious horsepower, it;s funny how you invent words just to promote your product, look at this thread, how many people came and post that they are really happy with the performance of the JL's. The performance of the motor speaks for itself.
Daniele Ielasi attended a race which we had organized last weekend and I had a lot of time to talk to him about his engines.

I learned a lot of things about engines and why they perform or don't perform, which i never thought of. Trust me, the only one here who has no clue what he's talking about is you!
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:37 PM   #900
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Daniele Ielasi attended a race which we had organized last weekend and I had a lot of time to talk to him about his engines.

I learned a lot of things about engines and why they perform or don't perform, which i never thought of. Trust me, the only one here who has no clue what he's talking about is you!
What you know about engines? you think you smart? I think you dumb.
all you do is bash on most thread, you got notin good to do, I don't think you talk to Ielasi because Italians hates Germans
E.Rocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Misc Stuff Much More, Xray, GS Racing,Peak Racing Pro Models R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-27-2007 09:41 AM
FS: Savage hop-ups.THS.Trinity.Hardcore Racing.Robinson Racing.HPI.Hitec factory racer R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 06-23-2006 05:17 AM
2006 Hobbytown Oshkosh Off Road Racing Season Opener FREE RACING!!! Zac R Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 18 05-23-2006 11:37 PM
HMS Racing - Sole distributor Nova TOP, REX & JP Racing engines hmsracing Malaysian R/C Racers 58 03-15-2005 09:40 PM
Racing Model Sailboats - Strategy and Racing at its Finest rcinsight Web Links 0 01-08-2005 01:49 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:39 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net