Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Kyosho Fazer not getting fuel - odd issue? >

Kyosho Fazer not getting fuel - odd issue?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Roelof

Kyosho Fazer not getting fuel - odd issue?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2021, 11:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Kyosho Fazer not getting fuel - odd issue?

Hi all.
Having issues with my Kyosho Fazer ( shorturl.at/huzS9 ). It seems as if there is no fuel reaching the motor, unless I blow down the pressure pipe.
So far, I've had the exhaust off, the exhaust manifold off and the header off, sealed everything with gasket maker. When I am blowing down the pressure pipe (pipe from exhaust to fuel tank) the car runs without issue. The minute I put the pipe back on to the exhaust, there is no more fuel.

Could it be a jetting issue? Or is it something else that might be the issue?
Old 05-16-2021, 12:16 PM
Tech Addict

You need to prime the engine to get fuel to the engine to start. Once it starts it runs on it's ;own pressure. Block the exhaust stinger until it fires up.
Old 05-16-2021, 12:21 PM
Tech Rookie

I've done that, primed the engine, blocked off every hole possible. On my other car, I prime the engine, pull the starter a few times, and off it goes, on this one, it only runs when I physically blow down the pipe leading from the exhaust to the fuel tank...
Old 05-16-2021, 12:37 PM
Tech Addict

Make sure the pressure fitting isn't blocked. Open the carb and see if blowing in the pressure line to the tank if fuel goes into the carb.
Old 05-16-2021, 12:43 PM
Tech Rookie

When I blow in to the pressure line, the car runs fine, if I keep blowing, the engine keeps running... If I connect the pressure line to the exhaust, prime the carb, start the motor, it cuts out once whatever fuel was in the fuel line, is gone.
Old 05-16-2021, 01:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Sounds like you might have an airleak somewhere. How old are your fuel lines, how long has the car been sitting, it could be at the carb, could be a pinhole in the the fuel lines...
Old 05-16-2021, 02:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
Sounds like you might have an airleak somewhere. How old are your fuel lines, how long has the car been sitting, it could be at the carb, could be a pinhole in the the fuel lines...
I've just stripped the motor down completely, screwed everything back together tight, had the carb apart....and now it seems to work! Its a bit late to do a test run, but it seems to do its thing....so lets see tomorrow!
Old 05-16-2021, 03:25 PM
Tech Lord

Probably dryed up oil in the carburator.
nitrodude likes this.