R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 03-27-2006, 10:28 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Nitro Running HOT

I hope somebody can help me I'm a rookie in the Nitro world I have a Acme .15 motor I'm using Track's 10% Nitro fuel I think it's called Red Alert.. I have broken in the motor and tuned it to the best I could with the info that came with the motor. It is running around 260 to 280 heat wise I have a number 8 glow plug med to hot.. I have good smoke coming out of the pipe so it's running rich. What can I do to fix this????
ChaseRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:51 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseRacing
I hope somebody can help me I'm a rookie in the Nitro world I have a Acme .15 motor I'm using Track's 10% Nitro fuel I think it's called Red Alert.. I have broken in the motor and tuned it to the best I could with the info that came with the motor. It is running around 260 to 280 heat wise I have a number 8 glow plug med to hot.. I have good smoke coming out of the pipe so it's running rich. What can I do to fix this????
Get a better fuel (different fuel), open up the top-speed needle and check for airleaks.
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:09 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb

is the body cut out for cooling and also make sure the car is running free and not binding
Old 03-27-2006, 08:15 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Hi!

We need more info, what you mean with ACME engine.

Some engine do run at 280*

So in order to help you we need more info about the engine and in what you are running it.
Edgar Millenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 05:51 PM   #5
Tech Initiate

Just for future reference for ya, hotter plugs cause the car to be ran at a lower temp and richer mix, colder plugs cause higher temp and a leaner mix. You get a little more power from a leaner mix in any combustion style engine, but sacrafice lenght of life. I personnally run my car with a super hot plug and a very rich mix and I don't notice a difference in the power. If you are going to run a hotter plug and richer mix, while tuning you don't want the car to hesitate when you punch the gas.

Switch to a hotter burning plug then run that bad boy rich, unless of course that is the normal temp for the motor.
spcards30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 09:46 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to ProudSavageOwnr Send a message via Yahoo to ProudSavageOwnr

i had an engine running around 320 and nothing happened to it.....try getting some 15% or even 20% nitro..itll run abit cooler..and richen it out like 1 turn 1/2 turn and get an os a3 plug
Raptor G4 ,Raptor e550,Gaui x5,Mini titan v2,Precision aerobatics bandit 4s monster,Carbon z scimitar Jr 11x
ProudSavageOwnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 12:11 PM   #7
Tech Addict

IMO the 10% nitro is just not enough for the .15. You should be running 20% as most do with .12 to .18. The hgher nitro content will help cool the engine because you will be able to get the same power as with lower nitro content but with a richer fuel mixture hence the lower temps. Byrons makes a good 20% fuel as do others, I run Byrons.
SpeedBump57 is offline   Reply With Quote