Like Tree90Likes

OS R2104 engine Thread

Old 01-31-2020, 01:38 AM
  #46  
R/C Tech Elite Member
 
VS_Rody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Allevard FRANCE
Posts: 242
Default

Originally Posted by LAGuy View Post
How often do you need to replace the rod. Just picked one up. Looking forward to running it!
It is advised to change to rod after each 5 Liters of fuel run trough the engine. Of course you can run longer but you also take more risque then.
VS_Rody is offline  
Old 01-31-2020, 09:05 AM
  #47  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 6,249
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by VS_Rody View Post
It is advised to change to rod after each 5 Liters of fuel run trough the engine. Of course you can run longer but you also take more risque then.
That's what I do with mine, 1 1/2 to 2 gallons.
nitrodude is offline  
Old 03-02-2020, 12:34 AM
  #48  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 182
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 2104

Hey guys struggling to get my liner out.. any tips on how to do this would be much appreciated
*RC-ADDICTION* is offline  
Old 03-02-2020, 02:23 AM
  #49  
Tech Lord
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 11,201
Default

Leave the flywheel on, ty-wrap through the exhaust and turn the flywheel over untill the lip is sticking above the crank case.
VS_Rody likes this.
Roelof is offline  
Old 04-09-2020, 08:26 PM
  #50  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 31
Default


Stupid question from someone moving from electric touring cars to 1/8 Nitro pan cars ,,
With this motor straight out of the box can I use 25% Nitro ?
Also what glow plugs will I need in the tool box ?
What is the deal with head shims ? Should I just leave that shit alone ?
Thank you in advance
BPR Racing is offline  
Old 04-10-2020, 01:38 AM
  #51  
R/C Tech Elite Member
 
VS_Rody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Allevard FRANCE
Posts: 242
Default

Originally Posted by BPR Racing View Post
Stupid question from someone moving from electric touring cars to 1/8 Nitro pan cars ,,
With this motor straight out of the box can I use 25% Nitro ?
Also what glow plugs will I need in the tool box ?
What is the deal with head shims ? Should I just leave that shit alone ?
Thank you in advance
Yes you can use this engine out of the box with 25% nitro and you need to use RP7 glowplugs with this engine.
When using this engine in a 1/8 Pancar you do not need to change the headshims because you will never be able to use all the power available.

I personally think this engine is overkill for a pancar and you can do with a less expensive engine, unless you just like to do this
VS_Rody is offline  
Old 04-28-2020, 02:49 AM
  #52  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 31
Default

Looking to replace the connecting rod on the OS Speed R 2104 ,,

Is it the same as the R 2103 connecting rod ?

Part number im looking at buying is 23755020

Thank's in advance for the help
BPR Racing is offline  
Old 04-28-2020, 03:12 AM
  #53  
R/C Tech Elite Member
 
VS_Rody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Allevard FRANCE
Posts: 242
Default

Originally Posted by BPR Racing View Post
Looking to replace the connecting rod on the OS Speed R 2104 ,,

Is it the same as the R 2103 connecting rod ?

Part number im looking at buying is 23755020

Thank's in advance for the help
Yes, conrods of the R2101/02/03/04 are all the same.
Part# 23755020 or 23755024(including 3 piston retainer)
Rick Vessell likes this.
VS_Rody is offline  
Old 05-30-2020, 03:01 AM
  #54  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 182
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 2104

Hey guys ive been running 16% from new, done about 4L. Want to go 25%, should i change anything or just re tune to suit? The engine is stock..
*RC-ADDICTION* is offline  
Old 05-30-2020, 07:15 AM
  #55  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
dan_vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,332
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by *RC-ADDICTION* View Post
Hey guys ive been running 16% from new, done about 4L. Want to go 25%, should i change anything or just re tune to suit? The engine is stock..
It would be a good idea to add a 0.1mm head shim when going up to 25%. The engine might not need it but best to play it safe and add the shim initially and see how it goes.
Rick Vessell and VS_Rody like this.
dan_vector is offline  
Old 06-03-2020, 03:56 PM
  #56  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,278
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

New OS TR02 Pipe Set


RC MARKET is offline  
Old 06-24-2020, 05:27 PM
  #57  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (14)
 
PROVK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 980
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

What is the difference between front bearings 23731000 and 23731020 as they are the same size?
PROVK is offline  
Old 06-25-2020, 12:19 AM
  #58  
R/C Tech Elite Member
 
VS_Rody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Allevard FRANCE
Posts: 242
Default

Originally Posted by PROVK View Post
What is the difference between front bearings 23731000 and 23731020 as they are the same size?
Both have the same dimensions.
23731000 has a black protection and normally used for the on-road engines.
23731000 has a blue protection and normally used for off-road engines. The blue protection is a little tighter on the inner-ring so seals a little better.

VS_Rody is offline  
Old 06-25-2020, 03:02 AM
  #59  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (14)
 
PROVK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 980
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Rody
VS_Rody likes this.
PROVK is offline  
Old 06-26-2020, 04:50 AM
  #60  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
choisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,738
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by VS_Rody View Post
Yes, conrods of the R2101/02/03/04 are all the same.
Part# 23755020 or 23755024(including 3 piston retainer)
to me, this is talking about info and help, not an ads. thanks rody
Rick Vessell, jasoncsc and VS_Rody like this.
choisan is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.