Search
Like Tree1Likes

Axial Engines thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 05:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
What's this?
I believe it is just a screw for plugging a secondary position for the main needle so you can bring the pipe round from the rear handier.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
What's this?
Campbell is right. There are some cars on market like shaft driven one, and regular position of top needle is not really convineint for them. So we decided to make extra position for top speed needle for those customers who is driving different car and like needle on different position.
Edward
Old 06-02-2006, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MCRUZ
Ed, will u be at cp. on sat. I'll stop by around noon. i have something for u.
Hey Marc. thanks a lot. Yes we will be there all day long on Saturday.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

when will the engine be out . and is chris tossi running the engine in his serpent at the nats .is there any inside shots of the engine ?
Old 06-07-2006, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by captian
when will the engine be out . and is chris tossi running the engine in his serpent at the nats .is there any inside shots of the engine ?
here is some pics of iternals, if you need more, please et me know and I will try to proide them-just make sure specify what exactly pics you want to see
Attached Thumbnails Axial Engines thread-s3700015.jpg   Axial Engines thread-s3700017.jpg   Axial Engines thread-s3700020.jpg   Axial Engines thread-s3700021.jpg  
Old 06-08-2006, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

can you take a pic of the case looking down from the top of the internals and the back of the crank and the bottom of the crank where the notch is . is that port work factory in the front transfer?
Old 06-08-2006, 03:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EdwardN
here is some pics of iternals, if you need more, please et me know and I will try to proide them-just make sure specify what exactly pics you want to see
are the internals the same as the profi .12?
Old 06-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

I think this is what you were asking for. For some reason other pictures are too big and I can't upload them here. I will try do it later. Yes, area on the buster is factory work and it is casting.
Attached Thumbnails Axial Engines thread-s3700030.jpg  
Old 06-08-2006, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Killa G
are the internals the same as the profi .12?
yes, pretty much, there is some small change on crankshaft.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

what is the profit.12? and if they are the close to the same then parts are not a problem. so where can i get a axial rr ?
Old 06-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by captian
what is the profit.12? and if they are the close to the same then parts are not a problem. so where can i get a axial rr ?
Palmaris PROFI PR12 is motor from my company and it is inital design. It comes with BRB or Bi-metal sleeve. AXIAL 12 RR Spec1 is engine which we came out with AXAIL racing after Palmaris Racing merged with Axial Racing. They are pretty much the same motors, exsept RR12 is only Bi-metal sleeve version.
Parts are interchangable completely.
To find out where you can get Axial motor, please contact to Axial Racing through their web site www.axialracing.com and you will be directed to your local hobby shop who is going to carry them. I have no idea-my work in AXIAl is product development.
Edward
Attached Thumbnails Axial Engines thread-s3700039.jpg   Axial Engines thread-s3700029.jpg   Axial Engines thread-s3700026.jpg   Axial Engines thread-s3700047.jpg  

Last edited by EdwardN; 06-08-2006 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

thanks edward
Old 06-18-2006, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Congrats to all the Axial drivers for a good outing at the nats w/Atomic making the main and jose c. putting fast laps in qualifying to show off Edward N's hard work on the engine.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:22 AM
Tech Regular

Default Big Thanks to Ed from Axial!!

I got a chance to run the Axial RR .12 Spec 1 in the the A-main open class at the nats. The motor really is awesome. It was easy to tune, and had lots of bottom, mid and top end. It also easily made 5mins which was a big plus! Ed thanks again for the help in tuning it during the main. I look forward to running it in our Midwest Series races here in the Midwest to help give him some exposure here. Thanks again Ed!
Old 06-20-2006, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Hello guys.
Finaly I got a minuts to give some info from the nats.
First of all-one of the day my house was burglarize and some very valuble things were stolen (I am not talking about money or jewrly), our Social Security cards were stolen and my passport. To who who lives in USA knows how bad it is. Anyway, we try to recover everything right now.
As far as AXIAl engine performance- we dind't have single problem and we run more then 20 engines on the event. Ron Atomic made striaght shot to to A-main on the first day of qualifyers Jose was battling from semifinal to A and he took leead from first lap and kept it for while, but he got problem with car and this issue didn't let him to bump up. Todd, Peter, Thad and Leo did their best and we got 1 st in F main (Leo), and 1st in E main-Thad. Also Ray Juhl decided to try our engine in A-main outlaw class, which probably was pretty risky from his point of view-he didn't even try engine on practice before, But I was sure it will be no problem-it took just 2 minuts to tune engine and it went thrugh 1 hour main with 230 F constant , never run out of fuel or blew glow plug.
All our drivers were using Rocket Sciene fuel , beside Leo-he was running O'Donnell (thanks a lot for Tommy Parfirio) and we finaly see in person how good it is.
A lot of people asking if Chris Tosolini was running Axial motor-no. he was running Serpent 720 with Mega motor.
I want to thanks everybody for their effort and best show I have ever seen in RC cars.
Edward

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.