Search
Like Tree68Likes

OS SPEED B2102

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2019, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by am
The Ty 2 is basically a 2101 with low profile head. A very good engine that tunes like all other OS engines. 2102 is a very different engine-as the crankj is very very low timed to be an OS engine. It also uses a 22 style carb ( do not rember witch one..).

For ME-the 22 style carb just makes sense. It is THE BEST CARB OS has ever sold. It tunes like an engine should be tuned and the engine answers on the adjustments as i belive an engine should 100% at all times. I did not get a 2102 because of all the negative feedback, but i just had to buy one just to prove it right. And the 2102 is a very good engine-just a little different to moast OS engines. I think people who do not understand thhese engines have a little struggle with them.

For ME- here is what i see moast people do wrong with the 2102 and 2101 for that matter:
- moast poeple turn the screws as if they use an electric screwdriver... just turn 3-5 minutes at a time.
-use the P3 glowplug. It is just to hot-i do not care what the pros says. My engines never stalls unless i run out of fuel or get freeeeeking mad and punch it for to long upside down. LOL
-to big idlegap. When this happpends you get a two stage idel. This is not good as it masks a to big idlegap with a fat LSN.

I have seen videos from several high profile drives and in my point of view, theri engies are tuned wrong and thas why the flame out at big events...
​​​​​​If I had a 2102 I'd have to avoid the P3 plug or not? Your post is confusing me on that regard.
Old 12-01-2019, 01:06 AM
am
Tech Master

For me, i never run the P3 plug before it is cold outside. 15 degrees cecius or lower, or if it is very humid and hot.

It is just not the 2102 its is all the OS enignes i have had-V-spec and all Spieed variants of V-spec. - 2101/2102 and Ty versions.

P3 plugs rearly tune right for me. I see the pros on video says they run it all the time but their engnes do not seem to run right when really hot outside. I get better fuel milage with P4 poluigs cause you can lean it slightly more.engines also answers the adjustment better when it is hot with the p4.

The good thing abaout the P3 in OS engines is that almoast evryone gets an engine that runs 90% 95% of the time and do not have flameouts. Dowsinde is you do not get 100% out of your fuel milage and performace. I know alot of people will be against me on this one but it works for me.

On a sidenote, if your engnes has a litt to much grunt, you can also put in a P4 and it smoothes the enigne down a little :-)
Bigv and iLike2driveRc21 like this.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks, I do have a 2102 since past week and haven't fired it up. Previous owner says it was a handful and his settings were far from the ones Adam recommends. On the same token, P3 with less compression ratio Vs P4 with stock compression ratio?
Old 12-02-2019, 12:44 PM
am
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
Thanks, I do have a 2102 since past week and haven't fired it up. Previous owner says it was a handful and his settings were far from the ones Adam recommends. On the same token, P3 with less compression ratio Vs P4 with stock compression ratio?
I rearly mess with compression ratio. What i usually do is to messure the compression/clearence when the engies is broken in, in my self made ebis. If i would lower the compression, i would not change the glowplug. before i had run hte engine. It would not give the answers i was looking for if i did two things at the same time.
30Tooth likes this.
Old 12-03-2019, 02:02 PM
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=jersey;15551960]

I’ve heard more problems with the 2102 over the ty2. Everyone that I knows runs the ty2 engine loves it and say it’s one of the best engines. The ty2 has the 21j carb which most people say is the best carb on the market.
the 2102 I’ve heard people saying they don’t like the carb cause it’s finicky, I think it’s the 22c carb.
I think the 321b samurai v2 was same carb and it works great for me. But I’ve heard some people putting 21j carb onto b2102.
21j is a great carb.
check idle gap and check your linkage is it closing and opening and staying closed?
use a rubber band on it.

how’s the compression on your engine maybe it’s to low and that’s why it won’t idle right
reset idle gap and richen your needles and gradually lean it out.
is all your fuel line pressure line gaskets good. Might have a air leak somewhere

ok thanks for all that info. I will check over the things u mentioned and yep I always use a rubber band : )
Old 12-03-2019, 02:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by am
The Ty 2 is basically a 2101 with low profile head. A very good engine that tunes like all other OS engines. 2102 is a very different engine-as the crankj is very very low timed to be an OS engine. It also uses a 22 style carb ( do not rember witch one..).

For ME-the 22 style carb just makes sense. It is THE BEST CARB OS has ever sold. It tunes like an engine should be tuned and the engine answers on the adjustments as i belive an engine should 100% at all times. I did not get a 2102 because of all the negative feedback, but i just had to buy one just to prove it right. And the 2102 is a very good engine-just a little different to moast OS engines. I think people who do not understand thhese engines have a little struggle with them.

For ME- here is what i see moast people do wrong with the 2102 and 2101 for that matter:
- moast poeple turn the screws as if they use an electric screwdriver... just turn 3-5 minutes at a time.
-use the P3 glowplug. It is just to hot-i do not care what the pros says. My engines never stalls unless i run out of fuel or get freeeeeking mad and punch it for to long upside down. LOL
-to big idlegap. When this happpends you get a two stage idel. This is not good as it masks a to big idlegap with a fat LSN.

I have seen videos from several high profile drives and in my point of view, theri engies are tuned wrong and thas why the flame out at big events...

Thank you also for your reply.
so did u say u use a P3 glow plug or you don’t reccommend it? If not which glow plug should I try instead ?
I will get my idle gap as small as possible and try tune it from there.
Old 09-12-2020, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Does the b2101 and b2102 use the same sleeve piston rod?
Old 09-13-2020, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I ask if the b2101 And b2102 psr is the same because horizon has the complete kits for $110 and then have a host of there completely new engine marked down as low as $360

so last night I was able to score that and a new 2004sc 85mm header ($30.99) for $150 out the door. Pretty stoked as I see the rod works for a B21 drake v1 also Incase my new drake engine needs a rod after break in I will have this on hand. Really I just got it Incase I fry my new p/s fast or want to switch out the p/s around 6-7 gallons.

Was also able able to pick up Losi parts for the newest 8 x for very cheap as everything marked down. Tho that only usually means they are clearing for a new car.
Old 09-15-2020, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Piva
I ask if the b2101 And b2102 psr is the same because horizon has the complete kits for $110 and then have a host of there completely new engine marked down as low as $360
Yes, same part number for those.
FYI, you can check out the exploded views on any discontinued engine here: https://www.os-engines.co.jp/english.../stop_list.htm
Old 10-13-2022, 11:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

When running in colder temps is a low cg head like this a good thing to keep the temps up in a buggy?
Old 10-13-2022, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wely324
When running in colder temps is a low cg head like this a good thing to keep the temps up in a buggy?
Yes, it usually is.
Being low it hides be hind body not as much area exposed to air.
Some people don’t like the low profile heads when it’s too hot bc they say it doesn’t cool as well.