Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Where Can You Buy A Piston & Sleeve Resizing Tool >

Where Can You Buy A Piston & Sleeve Resizing Tool

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

Where Can You Buy A Piston & Sleeve Resizing Tool

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2020, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis
I do not reccomend doing this- I am sure you need good tools to do the job right. You will be much better sending it to Rex, he knows what he is doing and I am very happy with his service, every time I send a piston/sleeve set the engine works as new when it comes back home , ready for racing. You will get a lot more for your money than buying those clamps
I agree with you bud....
Old 10-12-2020, 10:34 AM
Tech Lord

Why not?
As mentioned before the engine is now worth nothing so an ideal test object.

What is it that people are not advised to do things by them selves? Afraid it is taking some earnings away from people providing such a service?
To me there is nothing wrong that people choose to do more than only building and driving a car, there is much to learn and at the same time saving money.
petersen114 and MPorter like this.
Old 10-16-2020, 12:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
It needs to be something hard.
Because I use an ER32 clamp with the largest size 20mm and sleeves of 15.5mm I used a piece of a metal strap band for heavy boxes. On my mill with the vice under a slight angle I could mill a taper on it and bend it arround a sleeve.

For smaller diameter sleeves I made adapters on my lathe from a bar of steel so I can do 17, 17.5, 18, 19.2 and 19.5mm sleeves.

I also found an oversize ER32 clamp of 22mm so I made a small adapter ring to fit 21 and 21.5mm sleeves from .28-.32 engines.
yea I have a er32 with 20mm collet and some other sizes etc. I also have 5c with some diffent sizes. I bought them originally earlier this year then got busy and put it off. I’m gonna start looking around for some materials to make some rings to go between collet and sleeve. Thanks for the ideas! I just wanna mess with some olds engines I have sitting around for something to do
MPorter likes this.