Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree50Likes

Triton RC new engine...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 08:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Default TRITON

I just wanted to say a lil something about this Triton L4 engine 2108 exhaust , First off when I started the break In ( my first ever break In ) , This engine even for a beginner was so easy to break In it I idled through the first two tanks without even touching the needles it idled perfectly for at least 30 to 35 minutes each tank a perfect Idol and then 3rd ,4th ,5th ,6th , 7th , was flawless , actually very fun to do , I don't want to say Nothing bad about other engines , But I had a Reds Team edition from the Nitro shop and honestly it was a piece of shit I could not get it to idle for nothing and this engine was supposedly broke in by Neil at the Nitro shop I paid over $700 for this engine that was supposedly modified and already broken when I got it my point is if you are thinking on getting a new nitro engine seriously get a Triton these are seriously badass engines very easy to break in and you can tell they are top notch quality you will see this and feel this as soon as you get this engine and start the break in process in the customer service you cannot beat period it's better than any other Company out there . I am extremely happy with this engine and just had to post this this engine cannot be beat literally , this is what A rc engine / company should be don't waste your money on anything else . And also thank you very much Lance for all the help and answering all my questions .

Last edited by Trubbs; 04-05-2017 at 08:51 AM. Reason: More info
Old 04-05-2017, 09:21 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Trubbs
I just wanted to say a lil something about this Triton L4 engine 2108 exhaust , First off when I started the break In ( my first ever break In ) , This engine even for a beginner was so easy to break In it I idled through the first two tanks without even touching the needles it idled perfectly for at least 30 to 35 minutes each tank a perfect Idol and then 3rd ,4th ,5th ,6th , 7th , was flawless , actually very fun to do , I don't want to say Nothing bad about other engines , But I had a Reds Team edition from the Nitro shop and honestly it was a piece of shit I could not get it to idle for nothing and this engine was supposedly broke in by Neil at the Nitro shop I paid over $700 for this engine that was supposedly modified and already broken when I got it my point is if you are thinking on getting a new nitro engine seriously get a Triton these are seriously badass engines very easy to break in and you can tell they are top notch quality you will see this and feel this as soon as you get this engine and start the break in process in the customer service you cannot beat period it's better than any other Company out there . I am extremely happy with this engine and just had to post this this engine cannot be beat literally , this is what A rc engine / company should be don't waste your money on anything else . And also thank you very much Lance for all the help and answering all my questions .
You either got a lemon, or you just don't know what you're doing.
Seriously, an engine with a great track record sold from a shop with an equally good record, and you had problems with it.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Lemon

Originally Posted by timjs
You either got a lemon, or you just don't know what you're doing.
Seriously, an engine with a great track record sold from a shop with an equally good record, and you had problems with it.
If you are talking about TNS , I guess it could have been a lemon , But this engine I was told to put it in my buggy preheat and go and tune to ambient temperatures , Which at the time I was new to nitro and had a guy that has some yrs. Experience with Nitro engines at our local track trying to help me to get it to start and keep running and after a while we got it to run , I paid for mods and break in , So just leaning the top out around 1 hour and the bottom close to an hour with a proper idol gap it just ran like crap for the 3 tanks that the engine last before losing total power , Ending up selling it for 100 bucks just to rid the headache and someone that maybe new to nitro can turn a expensive engine into a piece of shit. So ya maybe just a lemon , but after having this Triton L4 and doing the break-in myself it's just amazing how great this engine actually is . And IMO is a top quality engine at a super great price . And all I am saying is for anyone out there looking for a great engine and is new to the Hobby that you don't have to spend 5-6 $700 for, Because you think it's going to be faster or better , when really it is not IMO . And I think alot of people that are just getting in to this hobby think they have to spend 500 bucks to get a Quality Engine well I know I did anyway first starting out . And after getting my L4 on the track all I am saying about this Triton is try one , There is no way you will be disappointed or second guessing yourself for getting 1 .

Last edited by Trubbs; 04-08-2017 at 06:16 PM. Reason: More info
Old 04-05-2017, 01:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by YANMAN
Come summer time those OS engines will have a normal head on them.
Lmao I agree , It looks cool but it's common logic that these things have to constantly run hot no air gets to them , Look how they are tucked into the body . I read they run 240 in freezing cold temps , What will they run at when it's 90+ can't wait to see .
Old 04-06-2017, 11:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Run in hot and humid weather.. those low profile head got no problem at all.. btw tune always by power not by temperature..
Old 04-06-2017, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Is there a specific length of the springs that attach the exhaust manifold to the engine? I'd like to get some spares and am unsure of which ones to buy. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-07-2017, 04:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If you are talking about TNS , I guess it could have been a lemon , But this engine I was told to put it in my buggy preheat and go and tune to ambient temperatures , Which at the time I was new to nitro and had a guy that has some yrs. Experience with Nitro engines at our local track trying to help me to get it to start and keep running and after a while we got it to run , I paid for mods and break in , So just leaning the top out around 1 hour and the bottom close to an hour with a proper idol gap it just ran like crap for the 3 tanks that the engine last before losing total power , Ending up selling it for 100 bucks just to rid the headache . So ya maybe just a lemon , but after having this Triton L4 and doing the break-in myself it's just amazing how great this engine actually is . And IMO is a top quality engine at a super great price . And all I am saying is for anyone out there looking for a great engine that you don't have to spend 5-6 $700 for, Because you think it's going to be faster or better , when really it is not IMO . And I think alot of people that are just getting in to this hobby think they have to spend 500 bucks to get a Quality Engine well I know I did anyway first starting out . And after getting my L4 on the track all I am saying about this Triton is try one , There is no way you will be disappointed or second guessing yourself for getting 1 .

Wow...first I heard of this !
Old 04-07-2017, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
Wow...first I heard of this !
Neal, you know how it works. If you don't know what you are doing and mess something up go online and say how god awful the product is. Don't bother calling the company to talk to the right people, and the cool thing is with The Nitro Shop you talk to you and with Triton you talk to Lance. Cant get any better than that.
offroad dude likes this.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Neal, you know how it works. If you don't know what you are doing and mess something up go online and say how god awful the product is. Don't bother calling the company to talk to the right people, and the cool thing is with The Nitro Shop you talk to you and with Triton you talk to Lance. Cant get any better than that.
All good ! Its just how things roll... For me I always try to put myself in the other person shoes and try to see the situation as they would see it...Most guys are pretty reasonable and simply don't know any better so I always try my best to help them out.. But not everybody is reasonable and some are completely unreasonable and impossible to deal with no mater how hard you try.. As a vendor I am more concerned with making it right then being right , however some are more concerned with being right then making it right which makes them difficult to deal with.
YANMAN and offroad dude like this.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

All good ! Its just how things roll... For me I always try to put myself in the other person shoes and try to see the situation as they would see it...Most guys are pretty reasonable and simply don't know any better so I always try my best to help them out.. But not everybody is reasonable and some are completely unreasonable and impossible to deal with no mater how hard you try.. As a vendor I am more concerned with making it right then being right , however some are more concerned with being right then making it right which makes them difficult to deal with.
That's why I have purchased engines from you in the past! When I met Lance and Joined the Triton team it was the same way. Very good support and just great people to shot the S**t with. I have learned a lot from talking with you and Lance. I have been out of racing for over a year and it is calling me back. LOL. There are so many buggies now I am having trouble picking one, but what ever buggy I go with will have a Triton L4 in it.

Last edited by YANMAN; 04-07-2017 at 07:40 PM.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As a vendor I am more concerned with making it right then being right...
Spot on advice for any vendor lurking in this thread.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

$700 for an engine :0 damn!!!!
Old 04-07-2017, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Triton RC L4 & L5 Pro Spec V2 Elite engines -NeoBuggy.net ? Offroad RC Car News
Old 04-08-2017, 05:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Whoa whoa whoa , First off maybe I came off like I was bashing Neil or the Nitro shop that is absolutely not the case Neil is an awesome guy that I've spent many hours with on the phone trying to figure out this problem and he helped me out unbelievably the only thing that I am saying is that a modified nitro engine may not be the smartest choice for somebody that is new to the Hobby and after reading the post that I created I guess it may have sounded a negative way toward Neal or the Nitro shop , but Neil is simply a genuine person that I have a lot of respect for and Neil if you read this please do not take the first post from me in a negative way I appreciate everything that you have done for me and taught me and please understand that what I meant was if you are new to this hobby a modified engine may not be the right choice for a beginner ,And you may turn a expensive engine into a piece of shit and for a first engine for a beginner you do not have to spend four five six seven hundred dollars to have fun and compete in races , And I will call you in a few days and you will get a laugh out of this 4sure

Last edited by Trubbs; 04-08-2017 at 05:33 PM. Reason: More info
Old 04-08-2017, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

Whoa whoa whoa , First off maybe I came off like I was bashing Neil or the Nitro shop that is absolutely not the case Neil is an awesome guy that I've spent many hours with on the phone trying to figure out this problem and he helped me out unbelievably the only thing that I am saying is that a modified nitro engine may not be the smartest choice for somebody that is new to the Hobby and after reading the post that I created I guess it may have sounded a negative way toward Neal or the Nitro shop , but Neil is simply a genuine person that I have a lot of respect for and Neil if you read this please do not take the first post from me in a negative way I appreciate everything that you have done for me and taught me and please understand that what I meant was if you are new to this hobby a modified engine may not be the right choice for a beginner ,And you may turn a expensive engine into a piece of shit and for a first engine for a beginner you do not have to spend four five six seven hundred dollars to have fun and compete in races , And I will call you in a few days and you will get a laugh out of this 4sure
That makes no sense. He said this was the first he heard of this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.