Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
The Nitro-Mizer High mileage carb inserts official thread >

The Nitro-Mizer High mileage carb inserts official thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Nitro-Mizer High mileage carb inserts official thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 04:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigInJapan
Some good info coming through on these inserts.

I run an OS2060 woth a short manifold on 25% quality fuel and a p5 or p4 glowplug, at just above sea level, cool climate

I didn't really mess too much with the spray bar, but there were improvements when I managed to get the Lsn and hsn to co-operate.

I think you may be onto something with the pipe/manifold
what oil content.... 2060 is quite repressive on that 25...
Old 11-22-2013, 05:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
what oil content.... 2060 is quite repressive on that 25...
11%
2 of that is castor oil
Suggestions on a different pipe?
Old 11-22-2013, 06:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BigInJapan
11%
2 of that is castor oil
Suggestions on a different pipe?

So my guess is with 25/11 and a 2060 the engine just needs the extra O2 from the larger insert.......

We run several pipes..086,2058,9886 and I think the 2041 was also really strong

On the 2060 use the header from a 2050..gives it more cackle......
Old 11-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

So I placed my order for my own set of Mizers a couple of days ago and couldnt wait so I snagged a buddy of mine's Blue one and installed it in my Clocked B5 with 2057 pipe with extender installed.

WOW. All I can say is Wow. I rand about 1/3 gallon thru the new buggy breaking in the drivetrain and suspention and didnt really realize how long I was running. So I timed the last 3 tanks and ran 12:20, 12:33 and 12:18.

12 minute runs in a 1/8 buggy is almost unhear of. Until now anyways. Lap time are around 33 seconds so it is a bit on the small side, but the low end and throttle response were almost like driving an electric.

I cant wait to get my set so I can install them in my truck.

Great job CRE crew. This is the new secret weapon. Its legal cheating
Old 02-03-2014, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

I've had a go with the Nitro Mizers now, even if I did buy them long ago.
Used the biggest mizer in Novarossi 21-4C with 9901 pipe.

I think I've used it long enough to give an opinion by now. About 4 weekends and one race.

So these are my observations.

At first weekend of practice I thought bottom end was quite crisp and snappy, and was surprised by that, didn't really estimate the actual power though. The response is good. Top end does not seem to suffer much, so my first impressions were good.

I'm of the opinion though, that after some extended use you learn more than just what you observe initially.
So after some more practicing I started to notice that carburation seemed a lot more sensitive than before. Just a slight tweak of the needle makes a huge change it seems, I don't know if this is always the case with a small venturi? Normally I'd be running a 7mm.

When you start the engine from cold, it sounds really really realllllly lean with this mizer in it. Then after a minute or two of idling to temperature, it normalizes. I believe that with this mizer venturi you really should run a pre heater!
Runtime, I seemed to see a runtime increase of about 30-45 seconds.

Now, for the race. Our tracks are quite fast here, I went to a warm up race ahead of the regional championship round in two weeks time.
I felt like I had a bit of trouble getting getting the peak power on bottom. So I do think it reduces power somewhat, let's say it's a percentage, I can't estimate it, 15%? Top end was basicly equal to everyone at the track, so top end isn't affected that much at all really.
In this part of the world temperature and humidity changes a lot during the day, and we're always left re-tuning as the day moves on, and I felt that didn't really change much, but again the needles felt a bit more sensitive than usual so it was a little more of a job than before.

Here you would usually pit at 7.30, leaving a bit of a 30-45 second margin.. I could probably make 9 minutes exactly with the mizer. So if leaving a margin that would see me pit at 8.15, but I don't see the point of that, there's no gain.

So my verdict is the product is good, but you lose a slight edge to performance. If you are running on a slower track, as I'm sure many are in other parts of the world, where you can make it to ten minutes, this product might be what you need. However for my use I'll be going back to a regular, larger venturi.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Eivind E
I've had a go with the Nitro Mizers now, even if I did buy them long ago.
Used the biggest mizer in Novarossi 21-4C with 9901 pipe.

I think I've used it long enough to give an opinion by now. About 4 weekends and one race.

So these are my observations.

At first weekend of practice I thought bottom end was quite crisp and snappy, and was surprised by that, didn't really estimate the actual power though. The response is good. Top end does not seem to suffer much, so my first impressions were good.

I'm of the opinion though, that after some extended use you learn more than just what you observe initially.
So after some more practicing I started to notice that carburation seemed a lot more sensitive than before. Just a slight tweak of the needle makes a huge change it seems, I don't know if this is always the case with a small venturi? Normally I'd be running a 7mm.

When you start the engine from cold, it sounds really really realllllly lean with this mizer in it. Then after a minute or two of idling to temperature, it normalizes. I believe that with this mizer venturi you really should run a pre heater!
Runtime, I seemed to see a runtime increase of about 30-45 seconds.

Now, for the race. Our tracks are quite fast here, I went to a warm up race ahead of the regional championship round in two weeks time.
I felt like I had a bit of trouble getting getting the peak power on bottom. So I do think it reduces power somewhat, let's say it's a percentage, I can't estimate it, 15%? Top end was basicly equal to everyone at the track, so top end isn't affected that much at all really.
In this part of the world temperature and humidity changes a lot during the day, and we're always left re-tuning as the day moves on, and I felt that didn't really change much, but again the needles felt a bit more sensitive than usual so it was a little more of a job than before.

Here you would usually pit at 7.30, leaving a bit of a 30-45 second margin.. I could probably make 9 minutes exactly with the mizer. So if leaving a margin that would see me pit at 8.15, but I don't see the point of that, there's no gain.

So my verdict is the product is good, but you lose a slight edge to performance. If you are running on a slower track, as I'm sure many are in other parts of the world, where you can make it to ten minutes, this product might be what you need. However for my use I'll be going back to a regular, larger venturi.

thank you for taking the time to post that !

Hopefully in the future you get the chance to try the Mizers on a few different engines, and maybe even on Clocked engine ! .....what I have found is the inserts do not function the same on every engine and engine/pipe combo.... In some cases the performance gains are substantial, in both power response
and mileage, and in others there is very little change..
Old 02-04-2014, 12:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I to find tuning different and a little more sensitive (difficult being a newbie) But I did sit down and have a look at what effects may come into play from a shorter throttle throw. In no way do I have the experience nor knowledge to put data to paper of my ideas but my thoughts are that the needle taper and seating hole don't suit the short throttle throw.
1. With a standard Venturi the air hits the slide and has to make a right turn to the needle slowing it down, with the Mizer the airflow is faster and effects the fuel draw.
2. At wide open throttle the needle is about half the distance out from it's seat with the Mizer compared to what it would be with a std Venturi meaning the needles taper effect is what normally would be half throttle.
I haven't been able to make the time to try different carbs other than my Nova but would like to see the effects of short needle, long needle and so on.
If what I've written makes any sense I would like to hear opinions of my ideas?

Thanks
Michael .E
Old 02-04-2014, 04:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by WildManDriving
I to find tuning different and a little more sensitive (difficult being a newbie) But I did sit down and have a look at what effects may come into play from a shorter throttle throw. In no way do I have the experience nor knowledge to put data to paper of my ideas but my thoughts are that the needle taper and seating hole don't suit the short throttle throw.
1. With a standard Venturi the air hits the slide and has to make a right turn to the needle slowing it down, with the Mizer the airflow is faster and effects the fuel draw.
2. At wide open throttle the needle is about half the distance out from it's seat with the Mizer compared to what it would be with a std Venturi meaning the needles taper effect is what normally would be half throttle.
I haven't been able to make the time to try different carbs other than my Nova but would like to see the effects of short needle, long needle and so on.
If what I've written makes any sense I would like to hear opinions of my ideas?

Thanks
Michael .E
Mizer works great on a Nova carb....... Some of the weaker engines however don't like the reduced throttle.... As in the previous posters plus4C on a 9901/41021 ( probably one of the weakest, least top end combos out there )........

When you tune the Mizer the LSN needs to be about 3 hours richer then a regular insert......This is where most get into trouble, they don't fatten the LSN enough.....

I prefer the effects of the Mizer on a long needle carb...but they work quite well on a short needle too...but just not quite as nicely as a long needle.....

Last edited by Maximo; 02-04-2014 at 04:33 AM.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Mizer works great on a Nova carb....... Some of the weaker engines however don't like the reduced throttle.... As in the previous posters plus4C on a 9901/41021 ( probably one of the weakest, least top end combos out there )........

When you tune the Mizer the LSN needs to be about 3 hours richer then a regular insert......This is where most get into trouble, they don't fatten the LSN enough.....

I prefer the effects of the Mizer on a long needle carb...but they work quite well on a short needle too...but just not quite as nicely as a long needle.....
I'm glad I just read that. That makes sense why on Tyler's Nova the LSN is on the richer side of a "normal" needle depth with a standard Venturi tune. I was thinking I had tune wrong but it sounds like I'm on track. Thanks for the info Neal!! I'll be calling ya in a bit!!
Old 02-04-2014, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Just wanted to add that a 45 second run time increase is like 9.5%'ish, so if you are in search of 10 minute pitstops and are running 9:10-9:15 with a slight drop of fuel to spare, then adding the biggest mizer venturi will be just enough to let you pit at 10 minutes without any concerns.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Totally agree, and found out the hard way that on my Speed LSN has to be way richer with mizer. Car would without fail flame out after top speed run, had me totally stumped for a tank till I reset tune. this was in combination of switching to a Werks 2058 from an OS 2060. Wildly different tune required
Old 02-06-2014, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Eivind E
Just wanted to add that a 45 second run time increase is like 9.5%'ish, so if you are in search of 10 minute pitstops and are running 9:10-9:15 with a slight drop of fuel to spare, then adding the biggest mizer venturi will be just enough to let you pit at 10 minutes without any concerns.
I agree !

How well matched the engine/pipe is to the application will also play a role in how much runtime/performance is gained....... from what I have seen the more strapped out the engine was run with the regular inserts, the less effective the Mizers will be for gaining runtime.......

Last edited by Maximo; 02-06-2014 at 07:41 AM.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Do the Mizer's fit the FX carbs.

Last edited by JoePit; 03-23-2014 at 06:00 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:40 AM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yes they do fit the FX
Old 03-24-2014, 08:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 266 (100%+)

I have the Mizer carb inserts and I'm going to use it on a novarossi keep off 4 port engine. Which color should I start using? I'm running the engine on a losi 3.0 buggy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.