Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
BuKu Performance Products CRANK CASE CAPS >

BuKu Performance Products CRANK CASE CAPS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

BuKu Performance Products CRANK CASE CAPS

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 07:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Old 04-24-2013, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

Old 04-24-2013, 07:55 PM
Tech Champion

Looks clean enough eh ? well lets give her some juice and see what we can find

Old 04-24-2013, 07:56 PM
Tech Champion

Old 04-24-2013, 08:01 PM
Tech Champion

I guess she wasn't so clean after all LOL !!! Many people say to me they have never seen dirt in their front bearings...But I ask how often do people actually take the time to look for dirt ? Usually when someone's front bearing goes bad they blame the engine, or bearing brand, and never once consider the bearing getting gritty is just the collateral damage from a much larger issue... Of course the issue being that these engines are not sealed overly well and most of them breath thru the front bearings....The Buku dust cap will stop all of this...So for me the product is more then worth the cost...

Old 04-25-2013, 03:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

So I replaced the front bearing in one of my engines with a TKO. well, it leaks. I couldn't get a consistent idle so I sprayed brake cleaner behind the clutch and killed it instantly! I didn't even run a full tank of fuel through it and it leaks! I hate spending my money on junk! I bought 3. So, are these dust caps my solution or should I replace the bearing also? I planned on getting the dust caps anyway cause its a small price for the extra insurance of keeping dirt out. I've never had an engine suck dirt because I pay attention to my front bearings. I thought TKO bearings would be good. Guess not....
Old 04-25-2013, 05:31 AM
Tech Adept

Has anyone noticed longer run times after installing these shields? I would think so since technically you were running a rich tune to compensate for a front bearing air leak.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sschultz
So I replaced the front bearing in one of my engines with a TKO. well, it leaks. I couldn't get a consistent idle so I sprayed brake cleaner behind the clutch and killed it instantly! I didn't even run a full tank of fuel through it and it leaks! I hate spending my money on junk! I bought 3. So, are these dust caps my solution or should I replace the bearing also? I planned on getting the dust caps anyway cause its a small price for the extra insurance of keeping dirt out. I've never had an engine suck dirt because I pay attention to my front bearings. I thought TKO bearings would be good. Guess not....
There is nothing wrong with TKO bearings. I run them and nova 17011's. Bearing are what they are bearings!!! They are not seals! As I stated in one of my first post. After 4 tanks of fuel my new 17011 bearing was sucking vacuum and stalling. So that tells me the chances are very good that by the time everyone of us...(regardless of the front bearing used)... gets finished breaking in a new motor the front is already leaking. And a lot if not all of that new engine chase a tune until everything is stable has more to to with the front bearing leak than the engine loosening up! That same 17011 i made reference to is the same bearing that is still in my engine that I posted picks of yesterday!!! Engine runs very stable even with the big temp/humidity swings we are still getting here. (no tuning adjustments)
Old 04-25-2013, 05:58 AM
Tech Champion

that has nothing to do with the bearing...the leak is actually from inside the crankcase...bearings themselves are not seals and have no capacity to even make a seal.....If the bearing is leaking it means the crankcase of the engine is not making a proper seal...... If the crankcase is drawing vacuum thru the nose all bearings will leak and fail the brake cleaner test...........
Old 04-25-2013, 06:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So are the cases the problem then or the bearing?
Old 04-25-2013, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

OK. So the caps are my solution? Leave my new leaky bearing in and install cap?
Old 04-25-2013, 06:39 AM
Tech Champion

OK. So the caps are my solution? Leave my new leaky bearing in and install cap?
yep...tho make sure there is no dirt sucked into your new bearing first.......... But if she's clean then just put the cap on..... you will immediately see the difference........
Old 04-25-2013, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have a MBX7 that will be here tomorrow, and I have never seen the back of a Mugen flywheel. Are they fine to use this???
Also is there a plan for a product that CAN be used with the Losi flywheel?!?
Thanks
Old 04-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jnorwood_losi
I have a MBX7 that will be here tomorrow, and I have never seen the back of a Mugen flywheel. Are they fine to use this???
Also is there a plan for a product that CAN be used with the Losi flywheel?!?
Thanks
The Mugen flywheel works fine with the Buku caps.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Which one do I get for the picco boost?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.