Wiki Posts
Search

confused so many .21 engines

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default confused so many .21 engines

I recently bought a rc8.2 and am in need of an engine. Am willing to spend 400 with pipe. Was thinking about a reedy 121vr. can't find any good or bad talk about this engine. nova and werks also look good. I don't race, just a past time. i like to tinker, but don't want tuning nightmares neither. any suggestions?
Old 03-18-2012, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

at a 400 dollar budget, You can get good stuff. For that coin, I would go with this.....

http://clockworkracingengines.com/co...re-novs21p5xlt

and when its back in stock.....

http://clockworkracingengines.com/co...polished-10056

I think its the best combo at that price range. There are alot of good ones out there that you can buy for cheaper but if you are willing to spend 400, there is no better combo out there at this price. Contact Maximo and read up and look at the vids here....http://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-...-products.html

Last edited by Neesh; 03-18-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sschultz
I recently bought a rc8.2 and am in need of an engine. Am willing to spend 400 with pipe. Was thinking about a reedy 121vr. can't find any good or bad talk about this engine. nova and werks also look good. I don't race, just a past time. i like to tinker, but don't want tuning nightmares neither. any suggestions?
Wow, you have a good budget. I know lots of racers (including myself) that would never spend $400 on an engine/Pipe. You can get a good reliable engine and pipe for $200 or a bit more. SH PT2012 PIPE
Old 03-18-2012, 11:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Lmk what you are looking for and we will get ya a killer engine/pipe setup for under your budget that will put a big smile on your face
Old 03-18-2012, 11:25 PM
xc7
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neesh
at a 400 dollar budget, You can get good stuff. For that coin, I would go with this.....

http://clockworkracingengines.com/co...re-novs21p5xlt

and when its back in stock.....

http://clockworkracingengines.com/co...polished-10056

I think its the best combo at that price range. There are alot of good ones out there that you can buy for cheaper but if you are willing to spend 400, there is no better combo out there at this price. Contact Maximo and read up and look at the vids here....http://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-...-products.html
I'm going to have to agree with you on that one bud !! Just a killer setup that's flying off the shelf faster than Neal can mod them..
And we have 50 - 086's landing tomorrow
Old 03-19-2012, 01:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xc7
I'm going to have to agree with you on that one bud !! Just a killer setup that's flying off the shelf faster than Neal can mod them..
And we have 50 - 086's landing tomorrow

Put me down for one of those 086's john,I'll be callin neal tomorrow for some tuning info I'll drop you a email too if they're not up on the site.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Here you go. Great engine and pipe from a good guy with a good price. Plus Werks customer service is second to none. This guy has nice stuff, and this engine and pipe are brand new.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-2058-nib.html
Old 03-19-2012, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Novarossi +4 family... pick any one.

If it's your first or second nitro engine and you want something that is budget friendly and runs very well, go with the Fusion X3.

If you want something with a bit more torque than the +4, run the P5XLT.

If you want more overall power than the 4, with a blast of top end, go with the Fusion X7.

All engines will perform perfectly on the 41021/9901 Novarossi manifold/pipe combo.

With a $400 budget I'd easily spring for one of the +4's and call it a day.

RB, Werks, OS, GO, Reedy, Alpha, etc. all make nice engines as well, but the Novarossi/Fusion/RB family of engines are hard to beat.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tony Corley
Here you go. Great engine and pipe from a good guy with a good price. Plus Werks customer service is second to none. This guy has nice stuff, and this engine and pipe are brand new.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-2058-nib.html
+ millions.........that combo in your associated buggy will make you a happy camper........can even step it up with a modded clockworks version....
http://clockworkracingengines.com/co...-cre-wrxtl21b6

2058 pipe ........
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...old-2010-Model
Old 03-19-2012, 09:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I don't race, just a past time. i like to tinker, but don't want tuning nightmares neither. any suggestions?
If you just bash or mess around and such, you really do not need a full blown racing motor...yes there are motors that are amazing, but depending on what motor it could be very temperamental.
Just my $.02

That being said, in my own personal experience and what i see in customer service on this forum, these people with their respected companies are bar to none:

Werks -Werks
Maximo - Clockworks Racing Engine
Houston - Novarossi (mainly)

It's truly hard to find great customer service these days and these individuals have proven that statement wrong.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

thanks for the info guys... am thinkin stock b6 pro. want to get use to buggy before i go nuts on a clocked engine. am coming from 1/10 scale with a .12 so i'm sure a stock b6 will be more than enough. which pipes are good for this engine? was looking for ofna jp-3 but out of stock everwhere i've looked...
Old 03-19-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

+100

if your bashing why spend so much? imo, and its just that, i would run a less expensive nova p5, Ofna JL, orion discovery, go (anything), alpha, nVision or werks and put the money you saved into parts, tires, or upgrades. these engines don't lack on power or durability and will cut your cost almost by 30%..

or depending on the motor, you could buy two..
Old 03-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If you are just bashing try running running what ever your local hobby shop carries if one is near you. If you have issues you they could help you out.

$400 bones is motor for "bashing."

What is stopping you from racing?

Sounds like you are pretty much there with the equipment you already have...
Old 03-19-2012, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by t8rtot
+100

if your bashing why spend so much? imo, and its just that, i would run a less expensive nova p5, Ofna JL, orion discovery, go (anything), alpha, nVision or werks and put the money you saved into parts, tires, or upgrades. these engines don't lack on power or durability and will cut your cost almost by 30%..

or depending on the motor, you could buy two..
i don't think what i do would be considered bashing. I've had a rc10gt since 1998 and NEVER broken a shock mount or anything for that matter. I like nice stuff and like reliability, thats all. Am going with a werks b6 pro i think. maybe a ofna jp3 pipe? not sure about pipe yet. thanks for the suggestions, i appreciate it.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

well the more expensive engines are faster, and when bashing usually the faster the engine, the more fun it is to run...I mean bashers can run good gear too...... Heck when i go bashing I usually run my most powerful engines just for the fun factor !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.