Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
BuKu Speed Tune Clutch & RC Performance Products >

BuKu Speed Tune Clutch & RC Performance Products

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree56Likes

BuKu Speed Tune Clutch & RC Performance Products

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 07:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE PHILLY JYNX

I know what those are.

Me likey.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:58 PM
Contingency

Default Correct size 32 or 34 for an RC8B and later

Gents,

A couple quick questions, In this thread it was stated that a 32mm clutch would be compatable for an RC8.B series but on the Absolute web site it lists the 34mm as being the correct part for a RC8...so which one is correct?

Also was going to order an OFNA vented bell but not sure if I need the standard or narrow bearing bell. I am assuming that standard and narrow are referring to the thickness of the bearing and affects the overall width dimension of the bell...Crap I dunno?

I just need to know which clutch and bell goes with an RC8.B series or later. I'm not able to actually go and look and there are no LHS in this part of the world. Just trying to buy everything for a new RC8.2 build so it's there when I get home...AKA retail therapy..LOL

Cheers

Old 01-19-2012, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Contingency
Gents,

A couple quick questions, In this thread it was stated that a 32mm clutch would be compatable for an RC8.B series but on the Absolute web site it lists the 34mm as being the correct part for a RC8...so which one is correct?

Also was going to order an OFNA vented bell but not sure if I need the standard or narrow bearing bell. I am assuming that standard and narrow are referring to the thickness of the bearing and affects the overall width dimension of the bell...Crap I dunno?

I just need to know which clutch and bell goes with an RC8.B series or later. I'm not able to actually go and look and there are no LHS in this part of the world. Just trying to buy everything for a new RC8.2 build so it's there when I get home...AKA retail therapy..LOL

Cheers

34mm is stock. If you have a new wheel on your starter box the 32mm with give you a little more room for shimming and clearance between the flywheel and rear break disk. I have guys running the 34mm with no issues. Standard clutch bell
Old 01-19-2012, 07:08 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Those shoes are exactly what I was hoping some manufacturer would build for the past 4-5 years , thats awesome guys ! I am interested in trying the shoes for sure

Lets hear your feedback on em philly jynx
Old 01-19-2012, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Monty, I'm going to be trying them soon. I'll let ya know too buddy.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:06 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd
Monty, I'm going to be trying them soon. I'll let ya know too buddy.
Nice JD

There are thousands of different materials out There that havent been utilized , I say lets experiment !

Aluminum to steel contact , ? I am sure there is a better way

Kudos to buku
Old 01-19-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

What size flywheel does the d8t use? I'm really digging the tunability of this clutch. What are the advantages over a 4 shoe for a truggy?
Old 01-19-2012, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by spunkysandoval
What size flywheel does the d8t use? I'm really digging the tunability of this clutch. What are the advantages over a 4 shoe for a truggy?
34mm...here's the cliff notes version.
Longer shoe life, bearing life,clutch bell life.The 3 shoes outside radius makes better contact with the ID of the clutch bell from new. That gives you better torque delivery and also a much more consistent clutch feel over the life of the shoes(and main).You typical 4 shoe wears from the tip to the rear of the shoe.So until there worn they are not making complete contact with the ID of the bell.By the time there (seated) in you have loss mass on the shoe (so they are lighter) now you need more rpm to engage the clutch, not to mention your bell is fouled with aluminum slag. This clutch addresses all those problems. Not to mention you now do clutch maintenance with a rag, not a dremal and exacto knife.

Last edited by THE PHILLY JYNX; 01-19-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Thanks for the quick response! I will definitely be ordering one of these in the near future. The composite shoes are ok for most applications correct?
Old 01-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (94%+)

If I was to grab a 1/8th Komposite clutch setup would you guys suggest grabbing a new clutch bell also? If so, what kind?
I'm currently using a Losi clutch setup on my Mugen truggy but my Alpha A352 should be delivered in the next day or two. I like the concept of this clutch though. It seems to be a lot more hassle free than the M2C adjustable setup where you add or remove weight.
Any feedback would be much appreciated?

I'm looking for something pretty aggressive.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

^^^ you MUST install a brand NEW clutch bell when using this clutch or else you will toast them in no time flat. I use the racers edge vented ones.

as for the D8 applications yes the 34mm is the one you want.

this clutch system is very nice and the adj. is awsome one of the smoothest clutches I have ran
Old 01-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blktransam
^^^ you MUST install a brand NEW clutch bell when using this clutch or else you will toast them in no time flat. I use the racers edge vented ones.

as for the D8 applications yes the 34mm is the one you want.

this clutch system is very nice and the adj. is awsome one of the smoothest clutches I have ran

Okay, also in going to a higher power motor, is it safe to say I can go from a 13T up to a 14T clutch bell w/o losing too much acceleration?
I'm going from a Losi 427 to a Alpha A352 .23 truggy engine.

Lastly can the Buku be setup to be pretty aggressive?
Old 01-19-2012, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by IROC-AR15
Okay, also in going to a higher power motor, is it safe to say I can go from a 13T up to a 14T clutch bell w/o losing too much acceleration?
I'm going from a Losi 427 to a Alpha A352 .23 truggy engine.

Lastly can the Buku be setup to be pretty aggressive?
Let the gearing the same and tune the clutch to the track conditions.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Let the gearing the same and tune the clutch to the track conditions.

What if I'm not using my truggy on a track and just want an aggressive clutch? Also the 13T had great acceleration but seemed slow. Does the Buku clutch allow an aggressive setting?
Old 01-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by IROC-AR15
What if I'm not using my truggy on a track and just want an aggressive clutch? Also the 13T had great acceleration but seemed slow. Does the Buku clutch allow an aggressive setting?
Then increase spring tension to what amount of aggresivness you want. Your options are from 1 oz to 150 oz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.