Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

All you have to do is go onto the RB web site , look at each
of the engines parts diagrams and compare the p/s's, cranks,
ect. numbers.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kgombe
looking for a deal on the fire 11 to try next season... anyone got any...
Originally Posted by joydude630
How about the run times between both the engines?
It should be quite good on fuel based off the C6 engines I have done in the past.......
Old 11-01-2011, 05:14 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rageworks
All you have to do is go onto the RB web site , look at each
of the engines parts diagrams and compare the p/s's, cranks,
ect. numbers.
The latest Fire 11's have a very different sleeve then the older ones.... I will try to post pictures today
Old 11-01-2011, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

stock Fire 11 internals

Old 11-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

How are the sleeves different? Is one much better than the other - i.e. is it a crapshoot if, when you buy one, you get the "right" one?...
Old 11-01-2011, 09:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
How are the sleeves different? Is one much better than the other - i.e. is it a crapshoot if, when you buy one, you get the "right" one?...
Just updated with the model year is all I know..
Old 11-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

There is definitely a place for the RB 11, just like the FMS had its place and it comes down to preference. Some like more bottom some like more top but but a preference i think we all share is an engine that is affordable, made of quality internals that will last and do so putting out a well rounded power band. RB has always put out long lasting quality engines and at the price these are going for i think they are a good choice.

I agree with Neal that in stock form out of the box these engines are timed for top end and IMO geared more twards buggy this way... not that they don't make a good truggy engine depending on your track layout etc. But in the right hands can be altered and make one heck of a truggy engine as well as buggy in all track layouts and situations and LAST doing it!

For those that really liked the FMS i think this is a great engine for you as they are VERY similar. Smooth usable power band = fast on the dirt!!

For bottom i suggest the 2013 for more top the 2058 works great as well. The videos Neal put up make this very clear and give a good idea of how the pipes change the characteristics of this engine. One key factor of any engine is choosing a pipe that best suits YOUR preference.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
The Fire 11 engines that Neal has received have the M.E.S. 3 port
style exhaust port cuts in the sleeve. Everywhere I have looked
the Rally engine is described as having a single exhaust port sleeve.
So yes, if you buy a real deal Fle-bay engine it is going to be a
crap shoot. If you buy one from Neal or a reputable dealer that
can assure you that the engine has the M.E.S. 3 sleeve. Then
you'll know what you're getting.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rageworks
The Fire 11 engines that Neal has received have the M.E.S. 3 port
style exhaust port cuts in the sleeve. Everywhere I have looked
the Rally engine is described as having a single exhaust port sleeve.
So yes, if you buy a real deal Fle-bay engine it is going to be a
crap shoot. If you buy one from Neal or a reputable dealer that
can assure you that the engine has the M.E.S. 3 sleeve. Then
you'll know what you're getting.

It's more going to come down to new stock vs old stock. The newer ones will all have the MES. The older Rallys and the earlier versions of the Fire had a single exhaust port. The older F11 engines also have the really short old style L2G cooling heads. The newer F11's come with the heads like the B11. The newest Rally engine I have seen also had a MES.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Tech Champion

Here in Germany all these shops have popped up selling the Fire 11 cheaply.. - some shops I've never even heard of.. It's marked down everywhere..

I also have no idea what an MES exhaust is.., and I'm pretty sure most shops wouldn't either if I asked.. They all seem to be listing it as a 7+1...

Last edited by Herrsavage; 11-01-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

looks kinda somewhat similar to a ws7II sleeve...almost lol
Old 11-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

MES stands for Multi Exhaust System and will use 3 exhaust ports rather than one big exhaust port. When it comes to machine work it's going to be cheaper to make one big vs the 3 for the MES.

I don't think it's that they are suddenly selling them for super cheap at all. These engines have had a low dealer cost on them for several years. I have a few locals that have been running Rally engines in a truggy for a few seasons because they are soo cheap. Just not many people trusted a cheap RB would also be fast.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Also note part of the reason these are cheaper is they come with the older style carb. it's not a bad carb in any way and tunes great, but the idle screw is on the front side of the carb when mounted in a offroad car so it will be up front by the flywheel rather than behind the carb. But heck 6 years ago all carbs were like this.....
Old 11-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Peralta
MES stands for Multi Exhaust System and will use 3 exhaust ports rather than one big exhaust port. When it comes to machine work it's going to be cheaper to make one big vs the 3 for the MES.

I don't think it's that they are suddenly selling them for super cheap at all. These engines have had a low dealer cost on them for several years. I have a few locals that have been running Rally engines in a truggy for a few seasons because they are soo cheap. Just not many people trusted a cheap RB would also be fast.
So the two lower exhaust ports, do they kinda work like the boost ports that old school 2 stroke atv/dirtbike engines have?
Old 11-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by abqNitro
So the two lower exhaust ports, do they kinda work like the boost ports that old school 2 stroke atv/dirtbike engines have?
it allows for a larger exhaust port without the risk of the piston falling out of the sleeve..its basically a single exhaust port with support bridging....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.