Wiki Posts
Search

JS Racing Engines

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neesh
will you be carrying the front and rear bearings too? or would bearings from a vspec fit? what about wrist pins and clips?
Vspec bearings are the same size, so yes they would fit.

Im not sure about wrist pins or clips
Old 05-08-2011, 05:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default n0 more full-mods

Originally Posted by JUD
Wow so this means no more "full mod" engines??
check the " EB mods " JS eng thread ,its still there , mine's the last post at the moment . not a lot of activity lately , should still be able to get ED's Mod,services for JS ,and many other engines ime sure .---------------------------
As mention'd by EB in a previous post , these engines aren't without fault . The manufacturer doesn't claim them to be ready to run,but advises ,to open out the engine . I translate that to mean ,inspect clear-out (clean ) , they also supply head shimming guidelines for nitro-content , as well as eng temperature guidelines , run in , and basic maintenance guidelines .
WARRANTY -------all decisions subject to examination and approval by --JS Racing Malaysia : and are not the responsibility of the LHS or dealer where you have purchased you're engine or the JS RACING distributor in youre country . however , claims must be forwarded to the LHS or dealer where you have purchased youre engine , and they will forward them to JS RACING.

------------with any engine ,HI-end or low buck ",its good practice to open and inspect a new engine "., every, manufacturer / modifier /assembler , is human ,and therefore fallible . . --- white,yellow,black,or brindle,---west,east,or europe ,"S"Happens ,.-------- The Warranty covers only workmanship and manufacturing defects of the original and unmodified engine parts . ---------------
So , lets start listing the common faults we find with this little engine ,and the fixes,etc ,as EB has mentiond , pourus castings , - bad alignment , faulty cranc ,carb pinch bolt ,wrong shimming ,and bent (sticking carb slide ),piston pin clips, etc are just some of the common faults that can occur , ,ALL covered under warranty ,
lastly ,---- My original JS21 purchase (in Australia),was based on 2 things.1 affordability . 2 out right performance .and local knowledge ,theres a lot of JS racers in Aus , being new to rc racing ," its hard to say what will happen to an engine in the hands of a novice ",and no proper evaluation regarding eng life can be made accurately .throwing $money at youre hobbie wont help you ,spend $800 on an engine,and overlook 1 thing ,and pop ,buy buy $800.
so there's no substitute for knowledge and experience. At the track, - every ones bussy ,the conditions change,and other changes to set-up etc compound to produce unique conditions applicable to youre car and no other:--------
-------These,and other entry price ,Hi-performance engines ,can provide a platform to help build our basic skills .----------
Theres a list of page and post#nos,on the EBmods JSeng thread,on @page 120.which deals with various tune-up issues,exhausts,and other handy hints, and one,#1795 --p-120 ----#1799--p-121.---------------
ive just broke in my 2nd JS engine,(first one got @35 litres) -- it flys,will post back here when ive got something to add -----"ABOUT JS ENGINES"-----lets keep it technical,ps ---- full description of my new JS break in is on the engine break in bible thread.---------Thanks too all of the contributors of RC-TECH . ----- A Great Pool Of Info ,------cheers Johno..---
Old 05-08-2011, 07:05 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up heat transfer

------in extreme hot conditions,anything which aids heat transfer between the combustion chamber,and the heat sink (cooling head) is worth considering. --- In a previous life, i modified cylinder-heads ,for LPG gass-conversion , and i recall finding that exhaust- valve temperature became an issue,@1400 ` ,inserts were fitted,and if the interference fit ,ie,machining wasn't right,the heat- transfer problems ,would out-way the benefits of a hard insert,resulting in engine failure,so much so ,that it proved better to indection-harden the bare valve seats.even scale on the inside of the cooling jacket,was equivalent to @1inch of cast iron.---------
the fasteners play a role in this process also . --dirty,or ill fitting threads,poorly machined threads,cant help. provided these are in good condition,ive allways used hi-quallity anti sieze when assembling ,and have used 'silver quallity ' anti-sieze on my new RC engines head bolts,its non gaulling, i ran the bolts in and out a few times,just enough to spread a thin ,even coating ,(too much,and you risk hydraulic lock).the silver grade is very hi temp,.-I havent performed any test,but i think the snug fit,with the heat conducting property of silver could aid heat-transfer.,--as i assembled the head button,and cooling head,did the final wipe-down with a bit os silv/anti as well... I have noticed it easier to disassemble , and the parts dont seem to corrode .? not shure what goes on there ,noble & ignoble metals,? --also unsure of any catalitic isues with methanol either .? am looking further into it.-----Ive also payd attention to the engine mountings ,they must be a spotless precision fit to work.ive fitted longer,lighter,eng mts.and get great heat transfer,. This i have noticed,.---- the JS engine drops heat fast allready,and ive invested in a 12 volt head heater.i think a lot of wear of my previous JS was from cold running,and cold tuning.when i pull in to pit,if ime quick,ile see temps up to 250 f,2to5 seconds later 190f then 160f.with the heater fitted , i can keep up around 210.makes tuning a brease,usefull if someone is assisting you with tuning,as the engine stays at operating temp,ready too go....----any feed back welcome ...
cheers --- Johno...
Old 05-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

wow this is crazy
Old 05-09-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

hey ed...u still making fuel correct?? if so i need 2 cases of pro-race...pm me....thanks bryce
Old 05-09-2011, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Bryce, you will have to call him.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:59 PM
Tech Champion

Not really Jaz... Ed decided to stop importing JS a few months ago. And someone else picks it up, happens all the time.

I dont want to derail the thread but......... engines and parts are in stock, we received everything today
Old 05-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

No disrespect Tony. I wish you all the best with your new engine line. I just think its really strange that the man who designed the engine is no longer involved. PM me dealer info please
Old 05-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Champion

I understand... its not that unusual tho...

Rossi, RB, Sirio, GRP, Falcon, Boss, GO, Novarossi have all had designer changes over the years, some have had several. Just not as public as this one has ended up.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by noddy2
------in extreme hot conditions,anything which aids heat transfer between the combustion chamber,and the heat sink (cooling head) is worth considering. --- In a previous life, i modified cylinder-heads ,for LPG gass-conversion , and i recall finding that exhaust- valve temperature became an issue,@1400 ` ,inserts were fitted,and if the interference fit ,ie,machining wasn't right,the heat- transfer problems ,would out-way the benefits of a hard insert,resulting in engine failure,so much so ,that it proved better to indection-harden the bare valve seats.even scale on the inside of the cooling jacket,was equivalent to @1inch of cast iron.---------
the fasteners play a role in this process also . --dirty,or ill fitting threads,poorly machined threads,cant help. provided these are in good condition,ive allways used hi-quallity anti sieze when assembling ,and have used 'silver quallity ' anti-sieze on my new RC engines head bolts,its non gaulling, i ran the bolts in and out a few times,just enough to spread a thin ,even coating ,(too much,and you risk hydraulic lock).the silver grade is very hi temp,.-I havent performed any test,but i think the snug fit,with the heat conducting property of silver could aid heat-transfer.,--as i assembled the head button,and cooling head,did the final wipe-down with a bit os silv/anti as well... I have noticed it easier to disassemble , and the parts dont seem to corrode .? not shure what goes on there ,noble & ignoble metals,? --also unsure of any catalitic isues with methanol either .? am looking further into it.-----Ive also payd attention to the engine mountings ,they must be a spotless precision fit to work.ive fitted longer,lighter,eng mts.and get great heat transfer,. This i have noticed,.---- the JS engine drops heat fast allready,and ive invested in a 12 volt head heater.i think a lot of wear of my previous JS was from cold running,and cold tuning.when i pull in to pit,if ime quick,ile see temps up to 250 f,2to5 seconds later 190f then 160f.with the heater fitted , i can keep up around 210.makes tuning a brease,usefull if someone is assisting you with tuning,as the engine stays at operating temp,ready too go....----any feed back welcome ...
cheers --- Johno...
WHAT
Old 05-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
WHAT
---food for thought. Thats what .---hears some more.

Poor Preparation Plus Precipitation Proceed Proverbially Poor Performance

Last edited by noddy2; 05-10-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Not too many Reckward pipes in the USA, Ive ran the Dynamite 086 in my buggy for a few gallons and it performs very well. Runtime is 11-12mins depending on the layout with gobs of power everywhere. I have a Dyn 053 Im trying this weekend to see how it runs.

If I had one pipe to pick, so far it would be the Dyn 086

As far as plugs go, in the winter I ran a P3 (~40 degrees) now I run the P4 everywhere since its warmed up considerably.

This is all on Sidewinder Team Strike 30%

I would like to congratulate Racer Dist team driver Reggie Tongue on his recent win at the 1/8 Challenge in Flowood Mississippi with his 5 gallon old JS .21. Reggie consistently got 10-11mins of runtime on a track that has alot of racers running out of fuel in the 7min qualifiers! Niiiiice win Reggie!

Old 05-15-2011, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

Default Unique Exhaust tone

Gday again from OZ ----
------ ran my second event with me new JS 21 this week end ----
Its fully broken in now and is "pulling like a bull in spring". i stuck with the OS 2060 muffler & header , had the recwards 2041 with me ,but the mill was going so well i couldn't force myself to change it . Ran a P4 plug again ,and thought ide mention that they're not wearing out -?.i used heaps of them in my last JS , i mean , after the initial run in two weeks ago at Rockhampton ,and 4 qualifying rounds , i inspected the plug with a poupe magnifier , and it looked brand new ? , so i got a second opinion from Billy Ross ,Agama JS ,race team director and agent ,to see if i should change plug for the final ,he had been using p3 s , he said put it back in and run it ,i did , and no problem , ran the same plug at practice SAT , 3 Quals Sun ,and only changed the glo plug for the final , but ive just looked at the old one and it still looks good ,grey, but no damage ?ime loving this . Could it be because ime now using a "comp heat head warmer" ,the eng hasn't been started (nor turned over on the bump-box)under 150 f . You can just turn it over by hand ,at race temp @250f ,but its not easy,it is smooth though ,there's no roughness,just tons of compression .wierd,but good hey ?
cheers jonando racing.-----
ps oh yea,almost forgot,the exhaust note of this mil ,with the OS pipe is awesome .wwooooooooowwwwhhh --- i can hear it clearly over all the other engines ,and the kids love it ,sounds like a supper-charger .
Old 05-15-2011, 10:27 PM
Tech Champion

We're breaking in 3 engines this weekend... so far theyre little honeys, idle solid, rev instant... sleeve timing is alittle different in the new ones, should have alittle more mid-top with smoother bottom end

Would pre-run engines interest anyone? If so I can get setup to do a few at a time and offer them for $40-60 more depending on how much fuel and time it would take to feel comfortable turning it loose in a buggy
Old 05-16-2011, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Race prep

Would really love that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.