Bullit rc engine

Old 03-24-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)

I don't know anything about the Bullitt engine with the exception of what's posted in this thread. But since the Bullitt Mustang and Steve McQueen are the coolest things ever, I want to try one.

If it says Bullitt, it's automatically badass.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by 02maxima18
Tebo is not running an Associated in disguise, ST-RR is one of the oldest truggys, but one of the best that's why the AE is a close copy...look who was running it before he switched to AE and a truggy was released.

Also Jon, do you make changes to the OS platform besides the head, like different cutting on the crank & piston?

Andy
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the interest, the crank etc are spec'ed to the latest version that the manufacturer has. As outlined earlier where I hope to make the difference is by the support and price point that we want to offer customers. The speed line has evolved whilst I was a factory driver for OS and during the time I was working with Recab with their version of the original V-Spec. I have run every version and prototypes of future versions along the way and the latest spec motor is just outright awesome.

Jon
Old 03-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by fullsyzz
I don't know anything about the Bullitt engine with the exception of what's posted in this thread. But since the Bullitt Mustang and Steve McQueen are the coolest things ever, I want to try one.

If it says Bullitt, it's automatically badass.
A fantastic post sir, and my thoughts of the products and man you mention exactly. Thank you.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Blue front bearing, red restrictor, mid range needle, ... Sounds like an OS speed :/
Old 03-24-2011, 04:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
I hope they're going to make a new 8th scale buggy. There aren't enough of those on the market right now...
i hope your joking? but truth is they probably will come out with one eventually.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigmane42
i hope your joking? but truth is they probably will come out with one eventually.
Yes, that was complete and utter sarcasm. Too many buggies out right now, I think it hurts getting new people involved as there are so many choices it can be daunting.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Tech Regular

G'DAY from AUS

jon..

have to say great job its looks really good and i do really like the logo , i think its different and cool .. now my q's are tho how do you see ya self going against the other o's v-spec based mills that are out or coming out soon , what will make this engine shine over the rest ? besides price . ....

also i dunno if you will answer this but, how do you feel about the arrow gtr .21 ??? .. this is not a knock at the arrow id just like to know how u feel having another engine with interchangable parts to a vspec.

thank you
chris

Last edited by sly6t; 03-24-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by backinblck
I know that that is why I said it is a rumor. I saw his truck at the Nats last year and can attest it is a ST-RR. Not an associated. I was using it as an example though because these trucks chassis are made in the same factory from what I have been told.
The st-rr is still a awesome truggy . Lutz just recently drove a 3 year old borrowed st-rr for a win at the PNB. I can't wait for the st-rr evo to come out to see what changes they make. I heard its based off the new mp9 TKI2 WC edition buggy instead of the original which was based on the mp777 buggy... i think.

I do understand that many chassis are made at the same factories but from what i have been told the factories are not owned by the chassis brands. This flood makes the factories rich for sure but is it good for the brands? and even more so for us?
I def think its good for us b/c it seems like it pushes the big names to innovate to stay on top.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jon Hazlewood
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the interest, the crank etc are spec'ed to the latest version that the manufacturer has. As outlined earlier where I hope to make the difference is by the support and price point that we want to offer customers. The speed line has evolved whilst I was a factory driver for OS and during the time I was working with Recab with their version of the original V-Spec. I have run every version and prototypes of future versions along the way and the latest spec motor is just outright awesome.

Jon
sounds the bollox Jon, hopefully catch you trackside sometime soon
its been way too long
Old 03-26-2011, 11:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sly6t
G'DAY from AUS

jon..

have to say great job its looks really good and i do really like the logo , i think its different and cool .. now my q's are tho how do you see ya self going against the other o's v-spec based mills that are out or coming out soon , what will make this engine shine over the rest ? besides price . ....

also i dunno if you will answer this but, how do you feel about the arrow gtr .21 ??? .. this is not a knock at the arrow id just like to know how u feel having another engine with interchangable parts to a vspec.

thank you
chris
The bullitt looks to be based on the OS XZ-B Speed and made by OS.

On the other hand, the Arrow is a Taiwanese knock off of the old v-spec made in some Taiwan factory from a copied OS design. Not at all the same.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
T

On the other hand, the Arrow is a Taiwanese knock off of the old v-spec made in some Taiwan factory from a copied OS design. Not at all the same.
where did i write they were the same ?

i said interchangable parts .. yes
Old 03-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Tech Champion

where did i write they were the same ?

i said interchangable parts .. yes
You wanted a comparison right? The Bullitt is genuine OS made. The Arrow is a cheap Taiwanese copy.

By the way, parts won't interchange between the two. Like I said, the Bullitt is based on the XZ-B. The Arrow is a copy of the old v-spec. Almost no parts interchange between the two lines. Rods and bearings is about it.

This Bullitt should be a sweet engine!
Old 03-26-2011, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
You wanted a comparison right? The Bullitt is genuine OS made. The Arrow is a cheap Taiwanese copy.

By the way, parts won't interchange between the two. Like I said, the Bullitt is based on the XZ-B. The Arrow is a copy of the old v-spec. Almost no parts interchange between the two lines. Rods and bearings is about it.

This Bullitt should be a sweet engine!
ummmm no

the question was .. because JON is tied into O.S , how "HE" feels about the arrow engine having interchangeable parts with a vspec.. i never said the bullet engine , the question was from a bussiness point of view.

and the first question was more based on new OS's based mills coming out IE. s-works ect.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:41 PM
Tech Champion

ummmm no

the question was .. because JON is tied into O.S , how "HE" feels about the arrow engine having interchangeable parts with a vspec.. i never said the bullet engine , the question was from a bussiness point of view.

and the first question was more based on new OS's based mills coming out IE. s-works ect.
Gotcha, I misunderstood your question. What I said remains true though.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'll be the first to admit when I'm wrong...and in my first post, I was entirely wrong. After reading the posts left by Jon and others, it sounds like Bullitt has gotten themselves a decent little mill on their hands. Are these going to be carried by any distributors in the U.S.? Do you also have Bullitt pipes to match the motors? If not carried by U.S. distributors, what would be the easiest way to get one of these motors here in the U.S.?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.