Bullit rc engine

Old 03-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

oh yippee....ANOTHER os knockoff...or is it a knockoff of an os knockoff...either way....SHOW ME SOMETHING NEW!!!! THIS IS NOT NEW!!!!!

oh....just another little thing thats bugging me.....CHANGE THE DAM NAME!!!! YOUR DISRESPECTING AN AWESOME AMERICAN MOVIE!!!!
Old 03-24-2011, 12:17 AM
Tech Adept

Knock off no, poor imitation copy no, Re badged latest spec oem yes it is. Many companies haved tried to copy the OS & failed so personally would rather the Japanese to work there magic & use that technology. Jon worked allot with the Recab OS many years ago which introduced the DLC coating to the cranks before OS so everyones copies another somewhere along the line & each will benifit another.

Its been a long term dream of Jons to have his own engine & he has invested a serious amount of money into this project which enables him to keep costs down. Os has only just recently started the oem route & personally see all wining. OS sells more engines, Dreams come to fruition & the racers get engines at a competitive rate rather than the over priced route they have taken over this last few years.

PS great film though
Old 03-24-2011, 02:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hustler777
oh yippee....ANOTHER os knockoff...or is it a knockoff of an os knockoff...either way....SHOW ME SOMETHING NEW!!!! THIS IS NOT NEW!!!!!

oh....just another little thing thats bugging me.....CHANGE THE DAM NAME!!!! YOUR DISRESPECTING AN AWESOME AMERICAN MOVIE!!!!
Ninjas are made by OS and they are a great engine, many full-size cars are made by the same manufacturer but branded differentley the same goes for Tv's and most other household stuff, to say they are disrespecting a film is quite sad.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by Glorykid
Ninjas are made by OS and they are a great engine, many full-size cars are made by the same manufacturer but branded differentley the same goes for Tv's and most other household stuff, to say they are disrespecting a film is quite sad.
+ 1

especially the last bit now ive heard it all
Old 03-24-2011, 05:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi All, First post from me on here.

Wow, you guys are a tough crowd.....and rightly so, I am the same.

I feel truly lucky to be working with in my opinion the best manufacture in the business . I have run and been involved with OS engines for over 10 years now, winning some nice races along the way in my earlier years, lol.

The concept behind Bullitt is certainly more than just a rebrand of an engine, Its about making the best available to more people, through a variety of ways, availability and pricing are two large ones and most important to me a trackside support structure and service for our customers in each market we move into.

Oh and no offence intended to anyone with our branding, just some things that i personally think are uber cool and not forgetting a little homage to the wonderful high speed train of our friends in Japan.

Jon
Old 03-24-2011, 05:11 AM

John,

when will these be available? may just chop in my motor for it
Old 03-24-2011, 05:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Megacrash
John,

when will these be available? may just chop in my motor for it
Hi Megacrash,

They will be available within a coupe of weeks. Maybe sooner. Thanks for the interest.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ruune
yes... I stand corrected. After typing that, I realized that I flubbed on the gauges. 66 vs 65 was when they went to square. There were a lot of subtle changes between '67 and '68, but the overall structure is identical. I had a '69 (which is still my fav). '69 and '70 were almost identical, sans the grille, logos, and the fake air intakes on the rear panels. I'm currently planning a 2-3 year project build on a '69 2+2, using a Kaase Aluminum EFI Boss 9 mill. Still researching suspension mods. Going to go with a tubular a-arm front and IRS in the back, from a cobra r. Going to get interesting.

Sorry for the hijack. I start thinking about muscle cars and get that special feeling.
I second the Apology. Man you are going to have one sweet driving stang when you are done. A buddy of mine did the mustang II frontend upgrade to his car and it drives as good or better than a new one. Yeah my 67 is a GT350 my grandpa's gift to me when he passed and the 68 is a sprint. my favorite of all my old stangs is my 69 GT convertable. Its is only a Jcode car ( 302 4BBL 4 Speed) but it is a blast to drive sense the engine isn't stock anymore. It also came with p/s, p/t, a/c, p/ disc brakes. it was pretty optioned out when it was new. I wish it was a fastback thought. the 69/70 fast backs are killer with that long sweeping back glass and long but not too long hood. It is the epitomy of fine.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by Jon Hazlewood
Hi Megacrash,

They will be available within a coupe of weeks. Maybe sooner. Thanks for the interest.
excellent just in time for neo

Cheers John

Brian
Old 03-24-2011, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bren Ralls
Knock off no, poor imitation copy no, Re badged latest spec oem yes it is. Many companies haved tried to copy the OS & failed so personally would rather the Japanese to work there magic & use that technology. Jon worked allot with the Recab OS many years ago which introduced the DLC coating to the cranks before OS so everyones copies another somewhere along the line & each will benifit another.

Its been a long term dream of Jons to have his own engine & he has invested a serious amount of money into this project which enables him to keep costs down. Os has only just recently started the oem route & personally see all wining. OS sells more engines, Dreams come to fruition & the racers get engines at a competitive rate rather than the over priced route they have taken over this last few years.

PS great film though
the big engine companies do make out on these deals. If they didnt brands like billut wouldnt exist.

When it comes to chassis its a different story if i believe. I am far from an expert on how the industry works but from what i have gathered many of the big name chassis brands don't manufacture their cars in house so when someone else comes out with a car inspired by one of their buggies they gain nothing. Even if the cars are original just the fact that there is so many chassis options out there could cause the big names possible loses.
I could be totally wrong though.
Plus even if i am right this flood of buggies may not be a bad thing for us as consumers. they might just throw more money into R&D as a response to the wave of new brands

Anyone out there that is well versed on the subject that could shine some light on this?
Old 03-24-2011, 10:52 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I'm not well versed, but I will tell you what I know. The actual Chassis companies do the R&D and also create the formulas for the plastics and the metals. There are only a few factories in the entire world that actually make the product. These factories are commissioned by the Chassis designers to crank out the parts that comprise their kits. The same parts for 5 different buggies can and do come out of the same factory. For the most part it is all very secretive as you know how brand loyal we all are. If Kyosho drivers found out that Kyosho was made in the same place as Bazooka, well you see where I am going with that ( just an example! Dont freak people!) This is also why you see so many shortages at times. The factory is busy making kits for brand "A" and then Brand "C" needs another shipment and has to wait until the run for brand A is done. Yes, it is also true that some chassis companies make their product cheap and low quality, while others will insist on perfection even though it comes from the same place. The quality and cost of materials is all based on the Chassis designers specifications and price point.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I'm not well versed, but I will tell you what I know. The actual Chassis companies do the R&D and also create the formulas for the plastics and the metals. There are only a few factories in the entire world that actually make the product. These factories are commissioned by the Chassis designers to crank out the parts that comprise their kits. The same parts for 5 different buggies can and do come out of the same factory. For the most part it is all very secretive as you know how brand loyal we all are. If Kyosho drivers found out that Kyosho was made in the same place as Bazooka, well you see where I am going with that ( just an example! Dont freak people!) This is also why you see so many shortages at times. The factory is busy making kits for brand "A" and then Brand "C" needs another shipment and has to wait until the run for brand A is done. Yes, it is also true that some chassis companies make their product cheap and low quality, while others will insist on perfection even though it comes from the same place. The quality and cost of materials is all based on the Chassis designers specifications and price point.

He is absolutly right. Look at the Kyosho ST-RR and the RC8T. they are virtually identical trucks. I mean literlly like parts off of either truck will fit the other and it has even been rumored that Tebo is running an associated in disguise becasue the associated guys and him are always the fastest. the same goes for the engines. For example: OS and Ninja same engine practically as one another and the parts all interchange. I can honestly attest to that because I run a 5-port Ninja piston and sleeve in my Vspec. 90% of the parts that go on 99% of these car are made in the same places. same for engines. it just makes things cheaper and then each company can change 1 or 2 things make it out to be such a great product and sell it for 500+ buck for a car and 200+ bucks for and engine. when it only costs them 75 to produce said engine including the royalties to the original company.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

OS makes the Ninja Engine for Mugen. Its designed to be somewhere between the V spec and the Speed. Most parts are interchangeable. it does seem however that the Ninja lasts longer. Maybe Mugen should design the speed and V spec
Old 03-24-2011, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by backinblck
He is absolutly right. Look at the Kyosho ST-RR and the RC8T. they are virtually identical trucks. I mean literlly like parts off of either truck will fit the other and it has even been rumored that Tebo is running an associated in disguise becasue the associated guys and him are always the fastest. the same goes for the engines. For example: OS and Ninja same engine practically as one another and the parts all interchange. I can honestly attest to that because I run a 5-port Ninja piston and sleeve in my Vspec. 90% of the parts that go on 99% of these car are made in the same places. same for engines. it just makes things cheaper and then each company can change 1 or 2 things make it out to be such a great product and sell it for 500+ buck for a car and 200+ bucks for and engine. when it only costs them 75 to produce said engine including the royalties to the original company.

Tebo is not running an Associated in disguise, ST-RR is one of the oldest truggys, but one of the best that's why the AE is a close copy...look who was running it before he switched to AE and a truggy was released.

Also Jon, do you make changes to the OS platform besides the head, like different cutting on the crank & piston?

Andy
Old 03-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 02maxima18
Tebo is not running an Associated in disguise, ST-RR is one of the oldest truggys, but one of the best that's why the AE is a close copy...look who was running it before he switched to AE and a truggy was released.

Also Jon, do you make changes to the OS platform besides the head, like different cutting on the crank & piston?

Andy
I know that that is why I said it is a rumor. I saw his truck at the Nats last year and can attest it is a ST-RR. Not an associated. I was using it as an example though because these trucks chassis are made in the same factory from what I have been told.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.