Like Tree8Likes

"the engine break in bible"

Reply

Old 05-08-2009, 09:04 AM
  #16  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 577
Default

Sorry I was getting carried away.Those mean old demons.
Joey Platinum is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:41 AM
  #17  
Tech Prophet
Thread Starter
iTrader: (95)
 
houston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sherwood,OR
Posts: 15,528
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Joey Platinum View Post
I always curse at them and run used glow plugs, I've had some engines last as long as 2 gallons. Wear a disguise and break them in at night near a hospital or church,get some real demons and put them in the pipe and pull the trigger.
whoa , are you ok
houston is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:48 AM
  #18  
Tech Elite
 
allan42r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: OSWEGO IL.
Posts: 2,602
Default

good info. you need to run it on the box for a bit to get some temp in the motor before running it under load to prevent damage to the rod/bushing. correct? thanks for posting this, i will try this out sunday.
allan42r is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:49 AM
  #19  
Tech Prophet
Thread Starter
iTrader: (95)
 
houston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sherwood,OR
Posts: 15,528
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by allan42r View Post
good info. you need to run it on the box for a bit to get some temp in the motor before running it under load to prevent damage to the rod/bushing. correct? thanks for posting this, i will try this out sunday.
use a heat gun or try one of marks engine warmers , those things are awesome !!!

i wish i had one mark



and btw , thanks for making these posts important , i feel it will answer many Q's people have
houston is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:14 AM
  #20  
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default My new V-Spec....

I`ll break her in just like you said Monty .....
Wild Cherry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:19 AM
  #21  
Tech Prophet
Thread Starter
iTrader: (95)
 
houston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sherwood,OR
Posts: 15,528
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
I`ll break her in just like you said Monty .....
oh no !!!! you are gonna race 8th scale now george
houston is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:45 AM
  #22  
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Originally Posted by houston View Post
oh no !!!! you are gonna race 8th scale now george
Yup, had a bit of set-up with the rip off and all . I`m back !!!

borrowed a 777
been driving a Mp9 here & there when Jarod lets me...

Kool car that Mp9.....

Watch results for this Saturday ....
Wild Cherry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:31 PM
  #23  
Tech Master
iTrader: (66)
 
PowerHouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 1,351
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by houston View Post
use a heat gun or try one of marks engine warmers , those things are awesome !!!

i wish i had one mark



and btw , thanks for making these posts important , i feel it will answer many Q's people have
I will have more on or around the 11th of May. I will let you know when I have them in my hands officially so I can send you one They are pretty cool and once they catch on, they will be hard to keep in stock Then between my engine business and selling engine heaters, maybe I can quit being a sheriff and concentrate on my engine work full time
PowerHouse is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:33 PM
  #24  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lebanon Missouri
Posts: 206
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

when you are tooling around the parking lot...are you just putt putting or up to 1/2 throttle or whut?
Saber186 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:27 PM
  #25  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Jaz240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,494
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

dont go full throttle until after you have completed break in, You want to keep the temps up, so If you need to get 3/4 throttle to keep the temps up, then that's where your at..just be safe and watch temps. Anything over 250 is too hot
Jaz240 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:29 PM
  #26  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Jaz240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,494
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by PowerHouse View Post
I will have more on or around the 11th of May. I will let you know when I have them in my hands officially so I can send you one They are pretty cool and once they catch on, they will be hard to keep in stock Then between my engine business and selling engine heaters, maybe I can quit being a sheriff and concentrate on my engine work full time
Monty you could have pre-paid like the rest of us, and then you would be guaranteed to get one
Jaz240 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:11 PM
  #27  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lebanon Missouri
Posts: 206
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Ok Thx Jaz.I was taught the"run 3 tanks really rich on the box method" but I will try this on my new Lrp.28...This just makes more sense to me
Saber186 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:45 PM
  #28  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
xxxrcnitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: St. James,MO
Posts: 98
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Break in

I also use heat cycle but I never set it on the track until I have ran at least 5 tanks give or take on the box but, I wrap the head & use a heat gun varying the throttle @ a very rich setting to help blow the crap out never letting temps get below boiling point, temps are very important!
The reason I don't throw it down and let her rip is just that temps, temps, temps! You can't really have control on temp that way.I consider myself very experienced on this subject & have only learned from my mistakes.But, everyone has their own way and I have always left the decision to the owner of the mill with a smile on my face.
It's not my 300.00 mill
xxxrcnitro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:40 AM
  #29  
Tech Prophet
Thread Starter
iTrader: (95)
 
houston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sherwood,OR
Posts: 15,528
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by xxxrcnitro View Post
I also use heat cycle but I never set it on the track until I have ran at least 5 tanks give or take on the box but, I wrap the head & use a heat gun varying the throttle @ a very rich setting to help blow the crap out never letting temps get below boiling point, temps are very important!
The reason I don't throw it down and let her rip is just that temps, temps, temps! You can't really have control on temp that way.I consider myself very experienced on this subject & have only learned from my mistakes.But, everyone has their own way and I have always left the decision to the owner of the mill with a smile on my face.
It's not my 300.00 mill
this was actually ron paris' method even though it was on johnny cool guy or whatever he is .

ron knew like ywo things about engines
houston is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:10 AM
  #30  
Tech Elite
 
allan42r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: OSWEGO IL.
Posts: 2,602
Default

Originally Posted by houston View Post
use a heat gun or try one of marks engine warmers , those things are awesome !!!

i wish i had one mark



and btw , thanks for making these posts important , i feel it will answer many Q's people have
thanks for the help motor broke in after 6 tanks of fuel. when i can turn the flywheel over by hand when its warm i say shes broke in.
allan42r is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service