Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

"the engine break in bible"

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Addict

Sorry I was getting carried away.Those mean old demons.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joey Platinum
I always curse at them and run used glow plugs, I've had some engines last as long as 2 gallons. Wear a disguise and break them in at night near a hospital or church,get some real demons and put them in the pipe and pull the trigger.
whoa , are you ok
Old 05-08-2009, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

good info. you need to run it on the box for a bit to get some temp in the motor before running it under load to prevent damage to the rod/bushing. correct? thanks for posting this, i will try this out sunday.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:49 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by allan42r
good info. you need to run it on the box for a bit to get some temp in the motor before running it under load to prevent damage to the rod/bushing. correct? thanks for posting this, i will try this out sunday.
use a heat gun or try one of marks engine warmers , those things are awesome !!!

i wish i had one mark

and btw , thanks for making these posts important , i feel it will answer many Q's people have
Old 05-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Tech Legend

Default My new V-Spec....

I`ll break her in just like you said Monty .....
Old 05-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
I`ll break her in just like you said Monty .....
oh no !!!! you are gonna race 8th scale now george
Old 05-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by houston
oh no !!!! you are gonna race 8th scale now george
Yup, had a bit of set-up with the rip off and all . I`m back !!!

borrowed a 777
been driving a Mp9 here & there when Jarod lets me...

Kool car that Mp9.....

Watch results for this Saturday ....
Old 05-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

use a heat gun or try one of marks engine warmers , those things are awesome !!!

i wish i had one mark

and btw , thanks for making these posts important , i feel it will answer many Q's people have
I will have more on or around the 11th of May. I will let you know when I have them in my hands officially so I can send you one They are pretty cool and once they catch on, they will be hard to keep in stock Then between my engine business and selling engine heaters, maybe I can quit being a sheriff and concentrate on my engine work full time
Old 05-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

when you are tooling around the parking lot...are you just putt putting or up to 1/2 throttle or whut?
Old 05-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

dont go full throttle until after you have completed break in, You want to keep the temps up, so If you need to get 3/4 throttle to keep the temps up, then that's where your at..just be safe and watch temps. Anything over 250 is too hot
Old 05-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PowerHouse
I will have more on or around the 11th of May. I will let you know when I have them in my hands officially so I can send you one They are pretty cool and once they catch on, they will be hard to keep in stock Then between my engine business and selling engine heaters, maybe I can quit being a sheriff and concentrate on my engine work full time
Monty you could have pre-paid like the rest of us, and then you would be guaranteed to get one
Old 05-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Tech Adept

Ok Thx Jaz.I was taught the"run 3 tanks really rich on the box method" but I will try this on my new Lrp.28...This just makes more sense to me
Old 05-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Break in

I also use heat cycle but I never set it on the track until I have ran at least 5 tanks give or take on the box but, I wrap the head & use a heat gun varying the throttle @ a very rich setting to help blow the crap out never letting temps get below boiling point, temps are very important!
The reason I don't throw it down and let her rip is just that temps, temps, temps! You can't really have control on temp that way.I consider myself very experienced on this subject & have only learned from my mistakes.But, everyone has their own way and I have always left the decision to the owner of the mill with a smile on my face.
It's not my 300.00 mill
Old 05-10-2009, 03:40 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by xxxrcnitro
I also use heat cycle but I never set it on the track until I have ran at least 5 tanks give or take on the box but, I wrap the head & use a heat gun varying the throttle @ a very rich setting to help blow the crap out never letting temps get below boiling point, temps are very important!
The reason I don't throw it down and let her rip is just that temps, temps, temps! You can't really have control on temp that way.I consider myself very experienced on this subject & have only learned from my mistakes.But, everyone has their own way and I have always left the decision to the owner of the mill with a smile on my face.
It's not my 300.00 mill
this was actually ron paris' method even though it was on johnny cool guy or whatever he is .

ron knew like ywo things about engines
Old 05-11-2009, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

i wish i had one mark

thanks for the help motor broke in after 6 tanks of fuel. when i can turn the flywheel over by hand when its warm i say shes broke in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.