Dynamite Platinum or Werks B6

Old 10-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Dynamite Platinum or Werks B6

I am new to nitro and have a RC8 rtr. I am looking for a decent engine that would be easy to work with and tune....if it matters I am at 4500+ feet in elevation....do certain motors work better at elev?

I have $200 or so to get a new motor

I am looking to get a Dynamite Platinum .21 with a new dynamite pipe

or........... a Werks B6 but wont have the cash for a pipe....will the B6 run OK with the RTR pipe designed for the stock .28 pipe?

Thanks.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by utah300rum View Post
I am new to nitro and have a RC8 rtr. I am looking for a decent engine that would be easy to work with and tune....if it matters I am at 4500+ feet in elevation....do certain motors work better at elev?

I have $200 or so to get a new motor

I am looking to get a Dynamite Platinum .21 with a new dynamite pipe

or........... a Werks B6 but wont have the cash for a pipe....will the B6 run OK with the RTR pipe designed for the stock .28 pipe?

Thanks.
I love my xpe dynamite and they are the best beginners and racer engines out. They are really easy to tune and will teach you to tune. you wont be dissaponted and the break in is in great detail with the manuel. I run dynamite and i have ran alot of fancy engines but for the price its unbeatable. The b6 is really nice but werks is way more tune finacky. I really prefer the dynamite. Not many dynamite guys are on here but trust me when i say any one i know with one is really happy and these mills are FAST.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Tech Addict

werks all the way. Alot of guys in my area have switched from the novarossi plus 4 to the werks b6. Its a really sweet motor. Ran a dynamite once, and the one i ran had a 3 needle carb, I dont like those.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Tech Addict

Definitely go with the Werks. Find a pipe later when you have the money. You could also get a B5 and have a little more for a pipe.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by slotkarter77 View Post
werks all the way. Alot of guys in my area have switched from the novarossi plus 4 to the werks b6. Its a really sweet motor. Ran a dynamite once, and the one i ran had a 3 needle carb, I dont like those.
Dynamite has came a long way now. They are very nice exspecially the platinum. They eature carb inserts and just like all race engines now just a high speed needle and low and of couse idle.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A friend got a dynamite platinum and it is surprisingly strong. I helped him tune it. I just got my 1st werks, it's a B5. I disagree with the statement werks are hard to tune. It's a clockwork modified but Neal told me what pipe and plug i had to run for the engine to work properly. The wrong plug, pipe and fuel can turn any engine into a nightmare. If you are new and are starting with a buggy, get something real tame, put a steel flywheel on it with carbon clutch shoes and learn how to drive before you get a power engine.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hambone View Post
A friend got a dynamite platinum and it is surprisingly strong. I helped him tune it. I just got my 1st werks, it's a B5. I disagree with the statement werks are hard to tune. It's a clockwork modified but Neal told me what pipe and plug i had to run for the engine to work properly. The wrong plug, pipe and fuel can turn any engine into a nightmare. If you are new and are starting with a buggy, get something real tame, put a steel flywheel on it with carbon clutch shoes and learn how to drive before you get a power engine.
I never stated there hard to tune i stated tune finacky. Ive seen werks always needing tune when a dynamite runs good at any tune. I ran my xpe at 207 just after break in and loved it and ended up winning with it. The engine runs really good.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

werks are the EASIEST engine to tune that I have ran next to my speeds I had...only thing about dyn. engines is poor fuel economy at least the ones I see run get 6-8 mins on a tank...if $ is tight go with a B6 and a AE2035 pipe set...
Old 10-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809 View Post
I never stated there hard to tune i stated tune finacky. Ive seen werks always needing tune when a dynamite runs good at any tune. I ran my xpe at 207 just after break in and loved it and ended up winning with it. The engine runs really good.
The newer dynamites are rare in this area for some reason. My buddies tuned pretty easy and put down some good power in his truggy. I don't know what a stock B5 is like, my modded one is big power and isn't finicky. I did tune a stock B6 for another friend and it was probably the fastest buggy at the track that day. There's alot of good engines around the $200 price these days.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

The Werks engine you saw must have been way out of tune because both of mine and other racers around here are far from finacky tuning. Probably the easiest engine to tune. Wide range of tuning on the needles. I highly recommend the B6 for you.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Werks are one of easiest motors to tune that I have ever ran. They have a huge and I mean huge tune range. I tune mine in morning practice and it is good to go for the day. If I have to I may lean or richen 1 hour through the day.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I think for now I am going for the Dynamite.....the LHS recommended them for newer guys.

He said they are not the fastest but, run strong.....and a decent life expectancy

Since both LHS stock them thats a plus too
Old 10-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

It took me halfway through my 1st day racing it to find hsn/lsn balance. Found my B5 liked a richer hsn, leaner lsn. I also run 3 other brands of engines. That is a headache somedays remembering what motor likes what. By the time my speed gets run i can't remember how to tune it quickly and they are the easiest engines to tune.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

I think for now I am going for the Dynamite.....the LHS recommended them for newer guys.

He said they are not the fastest but, run strong.....and a decent life expectancy

Save yourself alot of money and buy a Losi 350 engine off eBay from one of those guys that buy new cars and part them out. They work well.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

I know a guy that ran a dynamite engine and it lost all compression at 2 gallons. I could believe how easy the engine was to turn over. No compression at all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.