Os speed runch rich

Old 10-02-2010, 01:27 PM
  #1  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
michaelfox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Norway
Posts: 92
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Os speed runch rich

i have had some issues with my os speed engines.
idles great and all day,trow it onto the track and it runs great on top.
i have problem clearing small dobbles and tripples...clears big jumps with ease, as long as i have a couple of meters run up.
only issue is it gets richer on bottom when engine is run for 2-3 mins...feels like its getting richer anyway
have checked for leaks,new bearings checked for slop in setup.
hope i made myself clear?
anybody has any ideas?
michaelfox is offline  
Old 10-02-2010, 01:38 PM
  #2  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
deadmancourt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Menifee,Ca
Posts: 2,526
Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)
Default

Originally Posted by michaelfox View Post
i have had some issues with my os speed engines.
idles great and all day,trow it onto the track and it runs great on top.
i have problem clearing small dobbles and tripples...clears big jumps with ease, as long as i have a couple of meters run up.
only issue is it gets richer on bottom when engine is run for 2-3 mins...feels like its getting richer anyway
have checked for leaks,new bearings checked for slop in setup.
hope i made myself clear?
anybody has any ideas?
ummm....lean the bottom a little!...problem solved!
deadmancourt is offline  
Old 10-02-2010, 01:46 PM
  #3  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (24)
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 13,104
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Never tune a cold engine. Tune it at temp. If the bottom is too rich when warm, lean it. If it idles too high after that, back off on the idle.
wingracer is offline  
Old 10-02-2010, 01:50 PM
  #4  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
michaelfox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Norway
Posts: 92
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

okey ill have a go tomorrow.
but i do belive its lean enough on the bottom.

i always warm up my enigine before i run it, so it has like 3-4 mins getting up temps before i drive each heat. and i also preheat engine with hair drier.
the engine is warm before i trow it onto the track.
michaelfox is offline  
Old 10-02-2010, 01:57 PM
  #5  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (24)
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 13,104
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by michaelfox View Post
okey ill have a go tomorrow.
but i do belive its lean enough on the bottom.

i always warm up my enigine before i run it, so it has like 3-4 mins getting up temps before i drive each heat. and i also preheat engine with hair drier.
the engine is warm before i trow it onto the track.
That's great but the motor still isn't up to full race temp, the chassis hasn't fully heat soaked, etc. ANY motor will run a bit differently a few minutes in than it does when it first hits the track. That's the whole reason for having a few minutes warm-up period before the race starts.
wingracer is offline  
Old 10-02-2010, 02:06 PM
  #6  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
michaelfox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Norway
Posts: 92
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

let me be even more clear
we have heats of 5 mins, 3 mins warm up before that, prior to that i warm up engine for 3-4 mins on starter box, prior to that i use hair drier for a while to pre heat engine.

so thats total of 6-7 mins of engine running before heat starts, do you still think its not warm?
i will try to lean out engine on bottom even more se if it helps.

i have a ninja jx and it runs great all day with same warm up procedure

just concidering what to do with this, leave engines be or chuck them in the bin.

next season i will have 4 REDS engines to play with som my last season with Speed. 99% sure
michaelfox is offline  
Old 10-02-2010, 02:20 PM
  #7  
Tech Apprentice
 
zuperbergen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 60
Default

I think you suck mike... Skru inn til den gløder. Og så et hår ut igjen
zuperbergen is offline  
Old 10-02-2010, 02:23 PM
  #8  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
deadmancourt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Menifee,Ca
Posts: 2,526
Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)
Default

Originally Posted by zuperbergen View Post
I think you suck mike... Skru inn til den gløder. Og så et hår ut igjen
?
deadmancourt is offline  
Old 10-02-2010, 02:28 PM
  #9  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (148)
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,522
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

A rich engine does not have an air leak. Air leaks make the enginenrun Lean. It needs to be adjusted.
Frank L is offline  
Old 10-02-2010, 02:36 PM
  #10  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 56
Default

Wind the needles in and report back with where they are set.

Remember to pull the carb open when doing the low needle.

Also which speed, pipe and fuel?
AndyF is offline  
Old 10-02-2010, 02:49 PM
  #11  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
michaelfox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Norway
Posts: 92
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

pay zuper bergen no mind

using ninja 2042 exaust, odonnel 30% fuel. os p3

its the os speed vzb 21.

ill check the needle setting. get back to you tomorrow.
michaelfox is offline  
Old 10-02-2010, 03:18 PM
  #12  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (58)
 
Stubbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,183
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

If you decide to "chuck it in the bin", let me know....I'lll pay for shipping and you can use my bin. :-)
Stubbs is offline  
Old 10-02-2010, 03:31 PM
  #13  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
deadmancourt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Menifee,Ca
Posts: 2,526
Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Stubbs View Post
If you decide to "chuck it in the bin", let me know....I'lll pay for shipping and you can use my bin. :-)
YOUR BIN i havent laughed like that in a while!...thank you!...that is PURE GENIUS!
deadmancourt is offline  
Old 10-02-2010, 09:06 PM
  #14  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (58)
 
Stubbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,183
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by deadmancourt View Post
YOUR BIN i havent laughed like that in a while!...thank you!...that is PURE GENIUS!
Never hurts to ask right?
Stubbs is offline  
Old 10-02-2010, 09:07 PM
  #15  
Tech Master
iTrader: (34)
 
j_blaze14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 1,693
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

it may be lean on top with too rich a bottom, i say richen the hsn 2 hours and lean the lsn 2 hours.
j_blaze14 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.