Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mebolson
All the equipment was purchased by some engine builder in Boise... ha ha
I should have! LOL
Old 01-04-2021, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

it seems they are doing small orders of parts and marine engines, im assuming its on a pay per order basis
Old 01-05-2021, 11:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mebolson
All the equipment was purchased by some engine builder in Boise... ha ha
My dream of a Tekin nitro engine may be getting closer to reality 😂
thecman26 and outcast32 like this.
Old 02-17-2021, 10:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi everyone, looking for some recommendations. I have the following engines,
NOVAROSSI ROLLING(Using it often, still has less than 3-4 liters,so probably will get better. happy with it)
NOVAROSSI 28-3 PS( PS started giving me lots of headache, changed to rotostart than finally starter box. In the beginning i didnt like it, but now work well)
NOVAROSSI BONITO 7XLB(NIB, havent tried it yet)
ULTIMATE M814(Nova based, got it in a lot used, positively surprised, pretty fast)
Novarossi 3 port PS(had been using it for 5 years and was the only engine I had on .21 size and was great, but finally it gave up and broke the rod. Can't justify to pay a fortune for a new piston/sleeve/rod since i can put a bit more and get a better engine)
I use mainly Kyosho MP9 and MP 7.5 based cars, which the majority have been converted to rally game/gt car. Lot of bashing in empty lots and also local onroad track but no serious racing.
Since the Novarossi situation seems complicated, I would like to buy a few engines while they are still available. With the ones I have and my comments what would you recommend? I am in Europe and will buy from italian shops, so the prices are reasonable.
Given the above, what would be the recommendations?
Old 03-01-2021, 01:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So is it safe to say that the Standard Protek Turbo plugs(not Samurai) will work in Nova's.
Old 03-01-2021, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cucan
Hi everyone, looking for some recommendations. I have the following engines,
NOVAROSSI ROLLING(Using it often, still has less than 3-4 liters,so probably will get better. happy with it)
NOVAROSSI 28-3 PS( PS started giving me lots of headache, changed to rotostart than finally starter box. In the beginning i didnt like it, but now work well)
NOVAROSSI BONITO 7XLB(NIB, havent tried it yet)
ULTIMATE M814(Nova based, got it in a lot used, positively surprised, pretty fast)
Novarossi 3 port PS(had been using it for 5 years and was the only engine I had on .21 size and was great, but finally it gave up and broke the rod. Can't justify to pay a fortune for a new piston/sleeve/rod since i can put a bit more and get a better engine)
I use mainly Kyosho MP9 and MP 7.5 based cars, which the majority have been converted to rally game/gt car. Lot of bashing in empty lots and also local onroad track but no serious racing.
Since the Novarossi situation seems complicated, I would like to buy a few engines while they are still available. With the ones I have and my comments what would you recommend? I am in Europe and will buy from italian shops, so the prices are reasonable.
Given the above, what would be the recommendations?
I'm not sure what you're asking? Novarossi engines are basically gone from US sources and even on eBay; your choices are limited to what your Italian shop has on hand. If you're bashing in a parking lot, does it really matter to have the most powerful engine? Pick one that's available and cheap, and put your $$$$ into extra fuel and tires.
Old 03-02-2021, 05:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by stephen_bess
I'm not sure what you're asking? Novarossi engines are basically gone from US sources and even on eBay; your choices are limited to what your Italian shop has on hand. If you're bashing in a parking lot, does it really matter to have the most powerful engine? Pick one that's available and cheap, and put your $$$$ into extra fuel and tires.
Hi Stephen, thanks for the reply. As a nitro guy for many years had different brands of engines, Ofna Force, Force, OS, Alpha, Novarossi. For me Novarossi has been the most reliable in the ease of tuning, durability,etc... In the current situation the difference between a cheap x brand engine and what I can find in Novarossi is around 50-60 USD. Of course at some point i will have to look for a different brand but I still have the chance to buy something good and powerful for a small difference. I am not looking for the most powerful engine, but if I can get it for a small difference will prefer it.
Old 03-02-2021, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Here in the US it is almost impossible to find a NovaRossi engine. If you can still get one grab it now.
petersen114 likes this.
Old 03-02-2021, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

The sad thing is that w can't get an explanation of what is going on from Novarossi for a bit over a year now. I understand the lockdown thing in Italy but this lack of communication (especially to Nova users and fans) is complete and utter BS!! Apparently their US distributors are left in the dark as well. This is from Novarossi Direct.

Old 03-02-2021, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by petersen114
The sad thing is that w can't get an explanation of what is going on from Novarossi for a bit over a year now. I understand the lockdown thing in Italy but this lack of communication (especially to Nova users and fans) is complete and utter BS!! Apparently their US distributors are left in the dark as well. This is from Novarossi Direct.

”WHO KNOWS” lol
petersen114 likes this.
Old 03-03-2021, 02:33 AM
Suspended

So... at which point are we allowed to reach the conclusion that they're gone for good? We don't seem to be able to get a direct statement from them but EVERYTHING points towards them not coming back, if they were, they'd say so.
The only ray of hope is, that there's this one shop in Hong Kong that's been posting that they've been getting Nova engines all throughout 2020 https://www.facebook.com/page/133554...h/?q=novarossi
Why them? Who knows, maybe they bought up everything that was left.
petersen114 likes this.
Old 03-03-2021, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by illmatic94
”WHO KNOWS” lol
Yea, right. And in all capitals at that.
illmatic94 likes this.
Old 03-03-2021, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

you guys know novarossi direct is in no relation to novarossi or an exclusive distributer.and was opened to screw over the last "exclusive" usa distributer (absolute) by rex engines usa
Old 03-03-2021, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kawasaki161
So... at which point are we allowed to reach the conclusion that they're gone for good? We don't seem to be able to get a direct statement from them but EVERYTHING points towards them not coming back, if they were, they'd say so.
The only ray of hope is, that there's this one shop in Hong Kong that's been posting that they've been getting Nova engines all throughout 2020 https://www.facebook.com/page/133554...h/?q=novarossi
Why them? Who knows, maybe they bought up everything that was left.
Tbh I think they are done completely . Came to that conclusion in the fall

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.