Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
New Ascendancy Racing Effortless Racing Clutch >

New Ascendancy Racing Effortless Racing Clutch

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Ascendancy Racing Effortless Racing Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by one8updragracer
Anybody have this happen to them? Been running this clutch for around 3-4 gallons and only had it apart a few times but today I had this. The bottom of the retaining plate broke off.

yes the first run of the clutch was too thin. Send your address to [email protected] and we will send you a new one!
Old 09-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Oh and make sure you are shimming your clutch bell correctly I can tell from the picture that you are not. The face of the crown should always be black. So you bell is rubbing and that will reduce the life of the shoes greatly as they will get too hot.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:02 PM
KIK
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

He could've had it shimmed right if he's been running it 3-4 gallons w/out issues. The face of the crown probably lifted up when the base of the plate broke apart since that's what the nut holds down. Just my thought!!
Old 09-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Ran into a few guys from UK at the track and they were using "JVD" clutch, it look exactly like the ascedense clutch just wondering if ascedense is marketing this clutch as 'jvd' in europe or is it a completely different company?
Old 09-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Regular

JVD is the original and is designed by a dutch company. Ascendancy is a rebadged JVD with a black finish (original JVD is red).

I had the crown of a JVD clutch break aswell but JVD send me a new one free of charge. Could have been an early make aswell...the crown i have now has been flawless.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KIK
He could've had it shimmed right if he's been running it 3-4 gallons w/out issues. The face of the crown probably lifted up when the base of the plate broke apart since that's what the nut holds down. Just my thought!!

This is not correct. The way it is made even if the bottom broke it would continue to work perfect as the springs hold the retainer in place.

It is the exact as the JVD as that is the MFG.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by janderson78
This is not correct. The way it is made even if the bottom broke it would continue to work perfect as the springs hold the retainer in place.

Actually somehow it broke and came off the posts and rotated slightly. Thats where the scratches came from.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Old 09-11-2010, 04:07 PM
KIK
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Then why is the plate designed to be held down with the nut? If the springs hold the top plate down securely then it would make it even quicker to change shoes or springs because you don't have to remove the nut.

I'm not trying to start an argument here. I run the Ascendancy clutch on my Alpha motor and absolutely love it.

I cross threaded the nut on mine today. Was in a hurry and didn't make sure the nut started on straight before tightening it down.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KIK
Then why is the plate designed to be held down with the nut? If the springs hold the top plate down securely then it would make it even quicker to change shoes or springs because you don't have to remove the nut.

I'm not trying to start an argument here. I run the Ascendancy clutch on my Alpha motor and absolutely love it.

I cross threaded the nut on mine today. Was in a hurry and didn't make sure the nut started on straight before tightening it down.
It was just designed that way. But if you do run the clutch you know as well as I do even with the nut off you still have to pry it up with a screw driver. You may ask why this is. This is becaue the springs hold the crown on. if you want try it just use cut the center out of the retainer and then mount it. I assure you it will not come off after the springs are loaded.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

if you want try it just use cut the center out of the retainer and then mount it. I assure you it will not come off after the springs are loaded.
are you running your clutch like that with success?
Old 09-20-2010, 06:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default mbx6

ok. i'm trying to fit the clutch in my alpha engine on my mbx6. It seems that crankshaft is too short and the bell is too tight. i used the parts that came with the clutch and tried using the shims that came the kit and still same results.

can anyone advise on what they did to fit the alpha s852 on the mbx6?
Old 09-20-2010, 06:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

I am running it in both the 6 and 6t. For the 6 no washers behind the shaft collet. 1tko thrust washer bearing then clutch then bell then bearing then shims and I use a dynamite end washer it adds a little more to then end of the shaft. I will try and post some photos tonight. I am also using the adendency clutch bell.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

thanks... it seems that the collet that came with the clutch have a sizable gap between the bearing and the flywheel. the stock flywheel had little gap between the bearing. I am wondering if this is one of the problems...
Old 09-20-2010, 08:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

I run the JVD which is just the european version on an OS speed with an mbx6.

Front bearing, Ascendancy Collet, Flywheel, Engine nut, 0.2 or 0.4 shim*, bearing, Answer RC Clutch bell, bearing, 0.2shim, large ish washer, 2.5mm Caphead.

The standard mbx6 CB does not fit.
* I'll check later this week the qty of shims and the size of the washer i use.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Do make it in 38mm?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.