Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Sirio engines thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Default What is really Sirio XXX?

May be it is wrong question, but I had no luck to find something more on internet. I got chance to buy new Sirio XXX (package with pipe, manifold) It costs 229 Euro.
My problem is that I can not find any official information about this engine. I also visited "star-motor" Sirio page, but they are silent about XXX model. I found only few info about parameters (but not about revolution range or possible reached power output!), but they were distributor pages only.
Do you have some relevant source from manufacturer?
What do you think about price?

Thank you in advance.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:42 AM
Tech Regular

Here are the spots i found to order from!
rctorco.com sirio s12 xxxv $350
ebay.com sirio s12 xxx $280
rcmarket.com sirio s12 xxxv w/ pipe $350
amainhobbies.com sirio s12 xxx $270

as for your question though, i am not able to ind anything either!
Old 09-21-2009, 12:22 PM
Suspended

Because the support sucks! Kyosho is not the US distributor anymore.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Anybody know if the .12 EVO4STI rod is the same as the XXX rod. (or does somebody have the part number for the XXX rod?
Old 09-23-2009, 02:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Anybody know if the .12 EVO4STI rod is the same as the XXX rod. (or does somebody have the part number for the XXX rod?
Scott I am using one of the above mentioned rods in my XXX actually I have two XXX's with these rods in them. I am yet to rebiuld my XXXv's so I dont know if they are the same in these.
Noel
Old 09-25-2009, 08:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Scott I think there the same When I was testing out for the other manaufacturer they sent me the xxx liner set & it was identical
try www.the-border.com they might have it
Old 10-14-2009, 11:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Factory needle settings for the 12 evo 4?
Old 10-14-2009, 02:43 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Seisick
Factory needle settings for the 12 evo 4?
Sirio .12 Evo 4 General Carburetor Settings
High Speed – 4 to 5 turns out
Low Speed – 2 to 2.50 turns out
Mid Range - Flush then ¼ turns out

Otra cosa muy importante, el Sirio se regula en caliente y no en frío, lo normal es que el motor en frío tienda a pararse y joder, y en caliente sea estable, esto debido al cuerpo de composite del carburador.

saludos
afm
Old 10-14-2009, 05:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by afm
Sirio .12 Evo 4 General Carburetor Settings
High Speed – 4 to 5 turns out
Low Speed – 2 to 2.50 turns out
Mid Range - Flush then ¼ turns out

Otra cosa muy importante, el Sirio se regula en caliente y no en frío, lo normal es que el motor en frío tienda a pararse y joder, y en caliente sea estable, esto debido al cuerpo de composite del carburador.

saludos
afm
copiado gracias, para marco, no se que hizo a las agujas
Old 10-14-2009, 05:17 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Seisick
copiado gracias, para marco, no se que hizo a las agujas
lo mismo de siempre, joder todo lo que toca y despues hecharle la culpa a quien lo ayuda........quiero que le digas que yo te di los datos...

bye
afm
Old 10-15-2009, 02:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi, i have some questions about sirio s.12 xxx.What is the default setting of this screw? Αnd last one, what it will happen if i turn that screw clockwise?
Attached Thumbnails Sirio engines thread-dsc00005.jpg  
Old 10-15-2009, 10:12 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cr0c0dil3
Hi, i have some questions about sirio s.12 xxx.What is the default setting of this screw? Αnd last one, what it will happen if i turn that screw clockwise?

That brass screw, is actually the main jet of the carburator, commonly called mid range needle. In Sirio engines the default position is 1/4 of a turn opened from closed.

The dimensions of the this main jet (brass needle), its position relative to the venturi dictates the fuel curve of the carburetor (or how much fuel enters by each cfm of air drawn into the engine at a relative carb opening).

At idle speed, the engine is controlled by the low-end needle, and how much air passes into the engine via the position of the barrel. But when you start to move the barrel to allow more air to pass, in fact, you're moving the low-end needle too, allowing at the same time more fuel to pass too.

Depending at which opening of the barrel the main jet (brass needle) is totally uncovered, and the carburetor starts being mandated by the adjustment of the high-end needle, and how much fuel this last adjustment permits to pass can be varied, and the power band of the engine too, but slightly, by screwing or unscrewing the main jet (mid range needle) and readjusting the low-end needle.

But be careful, screwing the main jet too further into the venturi can lead to mix and temperature problems, in fact, you're leaning the mid rpms, where the engine operates at partial opening of the carb, this can lead to problems and erratic operation.

This is why, on almost all the engine booklets they warn you about not touching this adjustment, because it comes factory tuned to it’s ideal average.

The position of the main jet, relative to the venturi also changes the position on where and how much the vortex of air that enters into the carb varies how finely the fuel is sprayed into the air that enters (fuel is converted into a mist to be burned), a drop, no matter how little it is, doesn't burn and can create many and serious problems. This last can lead up to a conrod breakage (common) or piston breakage (not common but seen some) due to hydro lock.

Hope its clear

AFM
Old 10-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Tech Regular

AFM enough said! i was also working on responding, but my computer turned off low battery ...
Old 10-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by afm
That brass screw, is actually the main jet of the carburator, commonly called mid range needle. In Sirio engines the default position is 1/4 of a turn opened from closed.

The dimensions of the this main jet (brass needle), its position relative to the venturi dictates the fuel curve of the carburetor (or how much fuel enters by each cfm of air drawn into the engine at a relative carb opening).

At idle speed, the engine is controlled by the low-end needle, and how much air passes into the engine via the position of the barrel. But when you start to move the barrel to allow more air to pass, in fact, you're moving the low-end needle too, allowing at the same time more fuel to pass too.

Depending at which opening of the barrel the main jet (brass needle) is totally uncovered, and the carburetor starts being mandated by the adjustment of the high-end needle, and how much fuel this last adjustment permits to pass can be varied, and the power band of the engine too, but slightly, by screwing or unscrewing the main jet (mid range needle) and readjusting the low-end needle.

But be careful, screwing the main jet too further into the venturi can lead to mix and temperature problems, in fact, you're leaning the mid rpms, where the engine operates at partial opening of the carb, this can lead to problems and erratic operation.

This is why, on almost all the engine booklets they warn you about not touching this adjustment, because it comes factory tuned to it’s ideal average.

The position of the main jet, relative to the venturi also changes the position on where and how much the vortex of air that enters into the carb varies how finely the fuel is sprayed into the air that enters (fuel is converted into a mist to be burned), a drop, no matter how little it is, doesn't burn and can create many and serious problems. This last can lead up to a conrod breakage (common) or piston breakage (not common but seen some) due to hydro lock.

Hope its clear

AFM
AFM, that was very clear.Thanks a lot!!!
Old 10-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Tech Rookie

AFM you said ''In Sirio engines the default position is 1/4 of a turn opened from closed.''
Is that correct because i though it was from flush.

Last edited by cr0c0dil3; 10-17-2009 at 01:20 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.