Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Murnan Modified Motors Offroad >

Murnan Modified Motors Offroad

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Murnan Modified Motors Offroad

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 06:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

right now I have sirio 2056 pipe(similar or the same to trinity 2056 pipe),TTR2035, nova 9853 with long header, GRP 2053, and BP 2012 with long header. I ll try them all and see what will be. Also i am thinking to buy and try nova 9901 pipe with long header.What do you guys think about that pipe, or do I have enough different pipes to try.
Any suggestions of all pipes listed above.
I will order MM plus 4 engine on tuesday, I am from Slovenia EU, so Im planning to have that engine in two weeks time.
Thanks for all replys, and just wanted to say how great customer support from Murnan, He has respond to all my questions about all his engines in the past. I was realy surprised in the past of his fast responds.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ANDRAZ
right now I have sirio 2056 pipe(similar or the same to trinity 2056 pipe),TTR2035, nova 9853 with long header, GRP 2053, and BP 2012 with long header. I ll try them all and see what will be. Also i am thinking to buy and try nova 9901 pipe with long header.What do you guys think about that pipe, or do I have enough different pipes to try.

Any suggestions of all pipes listed above.

I will order MM plus 4 engine on tuesday, I am from Slovenia EU, so Im planning to have that engine in two weeks time.

Thanks for all replys, and just wanted to say how great customer support from Murnan, He has respond to all my questions about all his engines in the past. I was realy surprised in the past of his fast responds.

i have done some testing with pipes on the plus 4 in a buggy and like the 9901 with a med square header best fuel milage and real nice power curve. the 9853 is really good also alittle snappy for buggy it also has good fuel milage for all out power try the 9886 that has the most power but give up alittle more milage you can also run the ofna headers they run real well on the novas
Old 05-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Gidday Guys,

could we have more feedback on the MMPlus4 with regards to pipes, preferably 3 chamber pipes, thats all we can run in Oz.

Junkie, let me know how you go with the MMPlus4 , also i have those 9901's here for ya when ya ready....

Cheers Paul......
Old 10-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Uriah,

i never knew that you have an Offroad thread too, man you are all over the place

anyways, what's going on? and how's racing? well our season hasn't started yet but since the weather is getting nicer and colder, we had a fun Offroad race last friday, it also served to test a new race managment system for the upcoming season.

All the Pro guys attened the race with different car brands and engines, the track was very technical and tight with sandy surface, i changed few things on my MP9 and tuned my Murnan Modified SIIM to 220F (enough for such a tight/loose track) happy to let you know that i TQed by hitting the 17 laps mark (the only 17 laps in the Qual) and winning the Amain with no problems

thanks for you great Modification, God Bless Uriah

cheers

Ali
Old 03-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys just getting back from PNB and had a really good time.One of the reasons it was so enjoyable was due to the fact that my murnan modified ninja ran flawless all weekend long.I tune my engine two weeks ago in practice at ga state race and have not had to touch a needle since practice that day.It was super fast and very controllable ran the engine at 195 deg all weekend and got 12 min run times.thanks Uriah FOR SUCH A GREAT ENGINE.If any of you guys are looking for the best engine moddifier look no further.Have around three gallons on it so far with coldfusion 30 pec race fuel and still has unbelievable compression.

KEEP UP OR GET LEFT BEHIND
Old 03-15-2010, 07:48 AM
Tech Addict

I have a Murnan Modified Novarossi N21R, that I run in my Losi 8ight 2.0. I have to say what an incredible engine this is! I ran it at the last two North Ga Summer Nitro Series races last year, and had great power and run time. But at the 2010 Psycho Nitro Blast, is where this engine really blew me away! I had unbelievable power all weekend long, and the best fuel times I have ever had! I was getting 12-13 minutes on a tank comfortably, with great temps all week long.

I had a great time at the Psycho Nitro blast, but alot was due to my Murnan Modified Novarossi was flawless all week long. It was a great feeling to step on the drivers stand, run warm up and not have to tell my pit-man to tune on anything. The Murnan Modified Novarossi N21R, is an affordable engine that runs with the best of them. I was willing to put my engine up against anything at the PNB, it was amazing and so consistent and really was a joy to have in my buggy. I look forward to more racing this season, and I'm sure more amazing performances from my Murnan Modified engine!

-Bo J.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Uriah does some amazing work, no doubt about that!!

As far as pipes, with every motor I get from Uriah I run the AE 2035 pipe. I consistently run 10+ with my MMM Plus 4 and Rb B9.

Don't know why but I ALWAYS go back to my trusty ole 2035.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default RB B9 Sale

I have a couple of new in box B9 engines that are on sale. It is a great deal. Here is the link.

http://www.murnanmodified.com/produc...roducts_id=545
Old 12-21-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Grinder
I have a couple of new in box B9 engines that are on sale. It is a great deal. Here is the link.

http://www.murnanmodified.com/produc...roducts_id=545
That is a GREAT deal!!!!
Old 01-12-2011, 06:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I ran a Murnan Modified motor for the first time this past weekend in my buggy. All I can say is wow! It is a Novarosi P5. Incredible fuel mileage and perfect tune! I ran it with my Alpha 0801 pipe and it is a screamer! I ended up in 5th at the grand opening of the Warehouse in Alabama. Can't wait to run this motor this weekend at the Col's Classic in Savannah! I would highly recommend Murnan.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I had my 2nd race with my Murnan prepared Novarossi this past weekend. I finished 9th in fully stacked Pro Buggy A Main with Travis Dupree, Barry Pettit, Chris Pace and others...I can attest I have not had a better motor than this one in 4 years.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by modhobby
I had my 2nd race with my Murnan prepared Novarossi this past weekend. I finished 9th in fully stacked Pro Buggy A Main with Travis Dupree, Barry Pettit, Chris Pace and others...I can attest I have not had a better motor than this one in 4 years.

I feel the exact same way about my Ninja! Smooth, consistent, awesome fuel mileage, and for sure longevity. Keep up the GREAT work Uriah!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 09:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

May be a dumb question..
What is the lifespan of a mm nova+4 ??
Old 01-27-2011, 05:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by davet323
May be a dumb question..
The early +4 engines had a very soft piston material. They did not last very long if you ran the engine lean. If you treated the early +4 perfectly, and ran it rich all the time the pistons were lasting about 4 gallons.

The new +4 Team engines seem to have a much better piston material. They are more tolerant to lean runs, and if treated properly will last twice as long as the original micro cast piston +4. The +4 Team has a bar stock piston.

You can expect the same lifespan out of the MM version as the stock version.

Maybe one day they will figure out how to cast a piston, and make it as durable as a bar stock one. They have been trying for at least 10 years now, with the same results.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by davet323
May be a dumb question..
Every engine uriah has modded for me definatly seem to last longer then stock I sure he can't say that because of liabilty but in my engine they have lasted longer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.