R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Offroad Nitro Engine Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-nitro-engine-forum-157/)
-   -   O'Donnell Super Sport .21 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-nitro-engine-forum/225498-odonnell-super-sport-21-a.html)

J.Whiting 07-10-2011 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by pbomstad (Post 9367336)
does anyone know if another engines oring set will work in the ODss?

i have a bunch if you cant find any.. jeremy

pbomstad 07-10-2011 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by J.Whiting (Post 9368318)
i have a bunch if you cant find any.. jeremy

How much to buy a set off you?

pbomstad 07-31-2011 08:10 PM

Losing my excitement for this motor. I only have 1 1/2 gallons in it and rear bearing is toast, and I ordered the size listed in the manual that came with motor, guess what? The manual listed the wrong size. WTF?:confused:

Stubbs 08-01-2011 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by pbomstad (Post 9464966)
Losing my excitement for this motor. I only have 1 1/2 gallons in it and rear bearing is toast, and I ordered the size listed in the manual that came with motor, guess what? The manual listed the wrong size. WTF?:confused:

There was a batch of engines out that had bad rear bearings. It's a known issue. When you replace it, or in this case, buy another new bearing, go with a ceramic, and you'll be good to go. I believe the size is listed somewhere here in the thread.

Kind of a shame that it's an obsolete model. I really liked mine.... Whatever steve is working on to replace it should be awesome though.

pbomstad 08-01-2011 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Stubbs (Post 9467786)
There was a batch of engines out that had bad rear bearings. It's a known issue. When you replace it, or in this case, buy another new bearing, go with a ceramic, and you'll be good to go. I believe the size is listed somewhere here in the thread.

Kind of a shame that it's an obsolete model. I really liked mine.... Whatever steve is working on to replace it should be awesome though.

Known to who? If I had known I would have re analyzed my options. O well life is full of lessons.

Stubbs 08-02-2011 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by pbomstad (Post 9468951)
Known to who? If I had known I would have re analyzed my options. O well life is full of lessons.

If I recall correctly, there were several posts on the subject in this thread.

Regardless, it's still a great motor. I'm not running an SS.21 any longer, but I'm pretty sure I've got a set of bearings still in the package somewhere in my spares box. If you'd like to replace the ones in your motor with those, send me a PM and we'll work something out. If not, like I said, go with ceramics.

Edit: The rear bearing should be a 14x25x6. Is this what you ordered?

devnull 08-03-2011 08:39 PM

Conrods

Hey guys,

I have two SS con rods new in package and am not gonna use them.

(details here)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ml#post9479676

stu541 08-29-2011 08:02 AM

ss.21's for sale

I have two of these that are in excellent shape. & a third for parts.

#1 ran for approx 1.5 gallons in my truggy.

#2 ran for approx 2 gallons in my buggy.

#3 got in a buggy trade. needs a rod for sure maybe p/s too.

I am wanting to get $225 shipped for all of them. If I sell infividually it will be $100 each plus shipping costs. If your interested pm me.

thanks

stu541 09-01-2011 10:06 AM

lowered price. These are a great budget motor!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-21s-sale.html

hyper-driver 10-09-2011 06:08 PM

need help

ok just got my second ss motor yesterday. started break in just idling 1 tank. that went great my 2nd tank it started flaming out. after going through 2 charges on my starter box new fuel line and a new tank i just cant keep it running. im using a re11( thats what the lhs told me to get) after a very pissed off day i realized that there was fuel in my air filter. and all day i noticed after it would idle for 10 seconds or so, when it would die it would spit back allot of air into the fuel line. please help

Miniracer23 10-10-2011 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by hyper-driver (Post 9760303)
ok just got my second ss motor yesterday. started break in just idling 1 tank. that went great my 2nd tank it started flaming out. after going through 2 charges on my starter box new fuel line and a new tank i just cant keep it running. im using a re11( thats what the lhs told me to get) after a very pissed off day i realized that there was fuel in my air filter. and all day i noticed after it would idle for 10 seconds or so, when it would die it would spit back allot of air into the fuel line. please help

I got one new one time that did the same thing. Make sure the mid range needle is set flush. For some reason, the one I had was set a full turn out.

I love these motors, they are all I've ran for the past year.

1966ss 12-10-2011 08:11 PM

What's up with this motor is it totally out of production? Can con rods be had? Any other co rods fit? Thanks

speedy2 12-11-2011 02:19 PM

yes out of production
but you can still find 10ths on sale
rods too I imagine, engine is real good

metalbart 12-19-2011 09:58 AM

i have some ss .21 for sale if anybody is looking for 1 or some. pm for more info. thanks mike.