Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
nitro engine running in reverse? >

nitro engine running in reverse?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

nitro engine running in reverse?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i know this is an old post but it happened to me today with a trx.15 pro with pullstart on a associated gt. yes the one way bearing is in correct i got it running an when i hit the throttle tires spun backwards and ecess fuel was spitting from carb . i shut if off an then resarted an all was fine.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I am braking in my os vzb v spec and when I went to fire it up after it died out it started backwards . Could it be the starter box battery is getting weak
.I need help please.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jstatrk
I am braking in my os vzb v spec and when I went to fire it up after it died out it started backwards . Could it be the starter box battery is getting weak
.I need help please.
Looks like you are the only one that this has happened to in the last 4 YEARS!.....

It happens from time to time. Doesn't hurt anything. Just stop the motor, and restart the correct way.

It's ok, put the shovel away now.
Old 10-01-2015, 02:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You have to check your starter box, the issue could be the starter box is running in the wrong direction, incorrect polarity. I've seen it happen before.

Thanks.
Old 02-04-2024, 11:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Default kyosho gz15 engine running in reverse

sharing my experience with the community.
the wheels on a kyosho gz 15 engine mounted on a birel kart 1/5 were running backwards. the story goes like this. i had the idea of warming up the engine with a hairdryer to make it start it more easily on the field because it is cold right now, here in kozani greece. the engine was treated prior to this with after run oil, after my last session a couple days back. when i got there (it was cold) i was pulling dead pull starts, like nothing was engaging between the pull starter and the engine. at one time i noticed that the kart made a slight movement towards the back but i didn' t pay any attention because it wouldn' start. i took it back home and thought it had something to do with the pull starter (maybe the one way bearing) so i took it out. No problem there (although it is a bit tricky to take it out and put it back on, because of that tiny little screw in the down right corner). i, then, charged my glow plug completely and tried to start it up again in front of my house just for trials. i had that same thing with a couple of dead pull starts but it wasn' t so bad as last time so i managed to get it running . the wheels were spinning correctly. i treated the engine again with after run oil and left it there. next day i got back on the field i fired it up (the dead pull starts were reduced to a minimum) and the wheels were spinning backwards to my amazement. i shut it down fired it up again and it kept going backwards. then i looked it up on the net and here I was. last night i fired it up inside the house to see whether it would keep going backwards and it did, although the dead pull starts dissapeared. i ,then, fired it up and manually pushed it forward and the wheels finally moved towards the front. what's left is to take it back to the field and test it again.
Old 02-21-2024, 02:07 AM
Tech Rookie

update on my last post.
i took it out on the field and everything went back to normal . no wheels spinnig backwards . had a wonderful session
Old 02-21-2024, 11:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Diffs are backwards.
gear on left