Search
Like Tree2Likes

Go-Tech Engines Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rageworks
It's just like it was when Russel ran the show Matt.
If Amain doesn't have it listed, none of the other dealers
are set up with a web site that you can order directly
from. There is no list of dealers and there phone numbers
or web addresses on the go-engines-usa.com site.
So it's a crap shoot if the dealer you get ahold of doesn't
have what you need in stock. He has to have the parts
shipped from GOUSA to him and then to you. If GOUSA
doesn't have the item in stock, then it's an extra to weeks
to two months wait. Thats how I ended up owning so many
GO engines. Hell, one out of five should be up and running
while waiting for the delivery man to show up.
No, no I don't have the part you need, but I can give you a
great deal on a new engine, said the dealer. S.O.S. as before.
I have said all that and more! If Rex doesnt have them time to go over sea's to the source. But you never know ruune may have some laying around. I noticed amain is getting real lean on anything go-tec. I will say since russ no longer is the go u.s. guy we atleast get an answer quickly. And I would hope that trey gets the dealer list up so we know who to bug. I own 4 go-tec's and 2 mg=66 through my sponser answer rc. So as you can imagine I am a dealer unto myself!!!
Old 05-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

thanks rage works.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I'll send them out in the morning Matt. Yea, I know what
you mean about being a GO dealer unto myself. I have
bought out most of Rex's parts stock more than once.
When you tell the man that you want six con rods,six pins,
six packs of clips and a dozen of every o-ring there is, it sure
can put a hurting on his inventory.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Matt, I have around 50 of the nitrile OR-0023 O Rings here (along with every other GX engine part known to man ). If you like, PM me your full address and I will shoot a couple off to you air-mail. You will have them in 4 - 5 days (that's about how long A-Main stuff takes to get down here). Consider it a really early Xmas present
Old 05-13-2010, 11:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigmatt
I need some one here in the U.S. that is a dealer to get me 4 of the or-0025 orings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ma d:
OR-0023 is the new part number. I have a LARGE number of these in my storeroom. I know rex has some, if not I can get them out to dealers within 1 day. Same goes for conrods, etc. The only parts I dont have in stock for the GX engines right now are GX cooling heads and 5 port Piston/rod/sleeve rebuilds. I have the parts to rebuild carbs (minus the slide) but I have 5 Port P/R/S rebuilds and full carb replacements coming next week, along with another shipment of GX-5Rs.

Dealer locater- I'm working on a an adobe flex-based dealer locator, using google maps. This will be integrated with the site as soon as I'm done... hopefully this weekend. This includes exploded views of the GX engines with appropriate part number listings.

There will also be some new additions to the site this weekend... be sure to register for the forums if you havent already!
Old 05-13-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I have some o-rings and getting them to Matt.

Rex
Old 05-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Rex...
Guys, if your dealer is not stocking enough parts, please contact me directly and let me know what you need. I'll work directly with your dealer to get what you need. I'll also provide incentives to dealers in order to stock up on parts locally. I have a large number of just about all of the GX parts in my storeroom.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:11 AM
Tech Elite

It never rains but it pours. Poor old Matt will have OR-0023 O Rings coming out his ears and other places soon
Old 05-14-2010, 03:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

lol the race is on
who's o'rings will get there 1st ?
Old 05-14-2010, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by grizz1
It never rains but it pours. Poor old Matt will have OR-0023 O Rings coming out his ears and other places soon
Like I was telling rageworks and Grizz1, I am a dealer unto myself. Back a year ago when I would order parts from massive mods or fx hobby in canada I would order enough to rebuild at-least 5 engines. This no-parts was going on for a very long time. I was going to place an order with mark but forgot all about it. Only because I am running the MG-66 engines. Nothing seems to go wrong with the engine. The seals are for my back up engine from RB mods. My go-tec modded 3 port.[still my favorite engine,gen 5? coral head]. So when I do get the seals I will finish the break in,send one of my mg's to mark to have it modded. At least that is my plan.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

It's really not Trey's fault the dealers don't stock the parts. I bought like 25 o-rings 3 months ago.

Matt, are you saying you like the modded 3 port better than the Mg66?

Rex
Old 05-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 22Racer
It's really not Trey's fault the dealers don't stock the parts. I bought like 25 o-rings 3 months ago.

Matt, are you saying you like the modded 3 port better than the Mg66?

Rex
It's a split for me. the mg-66 is way beyond my driving capabilities. Learning how to control the power curve was hard for me. Mostly I did it through clutch set-up and gearing.The rb modded 3 port has more poop then the standard 3 port,yet not the insane power of the 5 port or the mg-66 which again is more then a 5 port in my opinion. I know the mg-66 is a lot more controllable then my 5 port. The 5 port to me is like a light switch on/off. the mg is strong,yet smooooth all through the power band. You guy's need to remember I am mostly a newbee. I have 5-6 years under my belt with one year racing. So even tho I was lucky enough to get a partial sponsor ship from answer rc usa, that had more to do with my personality then any thing else. I call it like I see it,I do not lie,drink,smoke do drugs. I quit all of that. Missing out on to much life. Also I pretty much make friends where ever I go, and if not that's fine too. So with all that said, I normally always drive the mg-66,but for tight tracks or club racing I like to pull out the 3 port. I also use the mg-66 as a sales tool. Or at-least try to. I have it so any one can try it either in my car,my back up car or their own car. So hope fully mike is seeing some sales from me. It's still early in the season, but we are starting to get things going.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Here is the question of the weekend; when you are blowing through the fuel inlet while holding your fingers over the carb inlet and exhaust,how much air should leak through the front bearing? I am going to assume not a fart bubble load!!!! I am saying non at all.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigmatt
Here is the question of the weekend; when you are blowing through the fuel inlet while holding your fingers over the carb inlet and exhaust,how much air should leak through the front bearing? I am going to assume not a fart bubble load!!!! I am saying non at all.
Sounds like it's time for a new front bearing. I am thinking very, very little to none at all - preferably the latter. Definitly no fart bubbles
Old 05-15-2010, 07:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default go b21 5pt

i was wondering if someone could give me some insite on this go motor i bought from a buddy of mine as for the way it is set now the motor is awesome off the line and i have a nice trail of smoke at high rpm but the motor is running like 310f and i just wants to die when it gets that hot and u let of the throttle so i tired to richen the highspeed an 1/8 of a turn and then it wont let me open up full throttle with out dying so i leaned it an 1/8 of a turn again and its back to over heating i am running a os p3 turbo plug and a jp3 pipe and header with 20% sidewinders fuel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.