Search
Like Tree2Likes

Go-Tech Engines Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aznitronut
Jake, usually the manifolds are the same, if your using the same manufacture of each pipe, as so in the Dynamite pipes. This is your old buddy, Veno.
Hey Veno
I got the dynamite .21 which has O rings all over should I still seal it? It also came with a Shim should I use it till motor is broken in?
Old 07-23-2008, 04:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dasupacat1
Well I ordered the older needle that supposed to take care of the lsn problems..but now I can't tell if the tear in my carb boot had alot to do with it. The car sounded like it had a air leak. I took a pic of the long needle that came with my 08' 3 port race next to the old shorter blunt needle that I'm going to try. What a difference.

OMG, thats what the short needle looks like?!?! Then I guess I have the Long LSN in both my Go's.... and have never had a tuning issue. I just assumed I had the shorter needle because mine have always been easy to tune.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X
Hey Veno
I got the dynamite .21 which has O rings all over should I still seal it? It also came with a Shim should I use it till motor is broken in?
It probably would not hurt to seal it up, it's good insurance, use the extra head shim to break it in, then, when the pinch at TDC is gone you can remove it. The 086 is killer on the .21 5 port.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am thinking of getting a new go-tech 5 or 7 port if i do will i have to switch the needles or card to make it run right.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grizz1
Give the 0801 a try, I'm sure you will like it. You may also want to try a 2047 with a shorter header. Have seen video's of the Nitro Pit only. I am in New Zealand some 14,000 miles away from the USA, in the South Pacific
I ordered the 0801 pipe today, so we will see how it works, I'll get back with you. You saw some pics of The Nitro Pit on line? well if your not doing anything this weekend, come on up and race one of our summer points series races, I'll even let you stay at my house if you make it, I know it's such short notice and all. LOL, Everybody at the Pit are always welcome for new racers.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mfroot
I am thinking of getting a new go-tech 5 or 7 port if i do will i have to switch the needles or card to make it run right.
I don't think so... Both my Go's run perfect with the long LSN. Just remember to start your tune with the LSN FAT... get your HSN dialed then start to tune the LSN.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ConciliumDesign
You sure you didn't mean .02 inch because .2 inch sounds like way too much.
That looks like about the same length as mine I shortened in the picture!

mfroot, the motor will run fine with the old needle, just when you try to push it hard and run it for good fuel mileage it starts to lean bog with the long needle.

Rex
Old 07-23-2008, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Hi All

Just wanting to address the situation with the Go Carb

We have the Go Carbs with the long lsn and yes people have been finding it different to tune, not many but some.... That does not mean there is a problem with the carb . The difference is in the tuning. When people swap to an OS or Nova carb all thats happening is you are going back to a tuning that you are used to. and thats totally fine but i want to assure that the new Go Carbs with the long taper LSN is completely fine.

We have been racing with these here in AUS and indeed the Malay and Taiwan racing team uses them with no adverse effects.

Ok so what i have done is do a test on an average tuning guide to help people past these issues , while you are still welcome to go back to the short needle , for those who want to stay with the long one , here is what you do.

Please re set your HSN and LSN to flush. THIS IS FOR LONG LSN CARBS ONLY

Turn in ( lean ie clock wise ) HSN half a turn . Thats 180 deg

Turn in ( lean ie clock wise ) LSN 1 and a half turns ( 1.5 turns ) Thats 540 deg

This applies for Pro Carbs ONLY ie Black composite carbs.

RTR carbs have different metering and require different settings.

Now what you have is a basic tune . From there you should warm up the engine ie run at least half a tank on the track and see where you need to fine tune from there. Different fuels, tyres, filters and pipes with change these base settings so please use these as a guide.

What i find where people are going wrong is that they are over compensating a lean HNS for an incorrect LSN tune setting.. This has been with tests at the track with pro racers and noobs .. i have been looking at how they tune and what ive done is colate information to help with new tuning as listed above.

hope this helps !

if you have any further enquiries pleae contact me directly !

[email protected]

MM
Old 07-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I just compared the 0801 header to the novarossi long header
and the ninja long header. The 0801 header is way shorter than
both of the other headers. It is about the same length as all of
the headers on my Dynamite pipes and is only a few mm. longer
than a ninja short header. I would say at best the 0801 comes
with a med. length header. I'm going to compare the 0801 pipe
and header to a 086 pipe with a long header on my Maxy modded
7 port to see the difference in the mid and top end.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:01 PM

Default need info !!!!

hey guys can u all tell me the difference in the 5 port turbo and stander plug go motors?
Old 07-23-2008, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by T4-RC8 RACER77
hey guys can u all tell me the difference in the 5 port turbo and stander plug go motors?
besides the type of plug you use nothing . They are identical . The Turbo head button promotes a little more top end performance wise . And the convenience of not having to use a washer ..

MM
Old 07-24-2008, 06:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Has anyone changed out the bearings in a 5 port? Does it need a front 7x19x6mm bearing? I was looking at TKO ceramics but someone noted they dont fit properly in Gos. Not sure if this is bs or not.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

[quote=Chedster;4669728]Has anyone changed out the bearings in a 5 port? Does it need a front 7x19x6mm bearing? I was looking at TKO ceramics but someone noted they dont fit properly in Gos. Not sure if this is bs or not.[/quo

all front TKO bearings are pretty much universal, yes that size front will fit and the rear size is 14x25.5x6, they will be under the same catagory as the old P5 and OS v spec, those engines use the same as the GO, if they do not fit properly then they are installing them wrong, which is pretty hard to do.

here are the TKO part #'s

GO Front
TKOcb-607c 2rs

GO Rear
TKOcbMr25414
Old 07-24-2008, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

The TKO bearing # CB-MR25414 RC Ceramic Rear Crank Bearing
14x25.4x6mm, fit all of my GO motors.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MassiveMods
Hi All

Just wanting to address the situation with the Go Carb

We have the Go Carbs with the long lsn and yes people have been finding it different to tune, not many but some.... That does not mean there is a problem with the carb . The difference is in the tuning. When people swap to an OS or Nova carb all thats happening is you are going back to a tuning that you are used to. and thats totally fine but i want to assure that the new Go Carbs with the long taper LSN is completely fine.

We have been racing with these here in AUS and indeed the Malay and Taiwan racing team uses them with no adverse effects.

Ok so what i have done is do a test on an average tuning guide to help people past these issues , while you are still welcome to go back to the short needle , for those who want to stay with the long one , here is what you do.

Please re set your HSN and LSN to flush. THIS IS FOR LONG LSN CARBS ONLY

Turn in ( lean ie clock wise ) HSN half a turn . Thats 180 deg

Turn in ( lean ie clock wise ) LSN 1 and a half turns ( 1.5 turns ) Thats 540 deg

This applies for Pro Carbs ONLY ie Black composite carbs.

RTR carbs have different metering and require different settings.

Now what you have is a basic tune . From there you should warm up the engine ie run at least half a tank on the track and see where you need to fine tune from there. Different fuels, tyres, filters and pipes with change these base settings so please use these as a guide.

What i find where people are going wrong is that they are over compensating a lean HNS for an incorrect LSN tune setting.. This has been with tests at the track with pro racers and noobs .. i have been looking at how they tune and what ive done is colate information to help with new tuning as listed above.

hope this helps !

if you have any further enquiries pleae contact me directly !

[email protected]

MM
Hi Mark, That pretty much describes how most of us over here in NZ have been tuning the Go's with the long LSN. The experianced tuners worked it out early on, and everyone followed their leads. Seems that a pretty standard race set up is HSN around half a turn in from flush and the LSN ends up around 2.5 or a little more in from flush, depending on pipe and fuel etc.
Seems no one is having any problems, and the motors are performing very well for stock motors - probably why they are so popular here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.