Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Roelof

Rally engine application??

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2022, 09:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Rally engine application??

Can someone explain to me what these are ? I was under the impression they were for a off road GT style car that used a say a 41032 or buggy style manifold but I just had a 359 Rally sent to me instead of Mito 35 Rally 9 but it does have the correct exploded view Of the Mito 35 Rally 9 and the manifolds they are recommending are the on road ones .. I’m kinda confused here. What application are these “Rally” motors designed for . I figured I was going to get a Mito 35 Rally 9 that’s based off the 35 WC with some different timing to utilize a longer manifold such as a 41032 or what ever wizardry Nova would do to make as much power / rpm as possible with that style manifold . Someone please educate me on what I’m looking at lol
Old 04-29-2022, 11:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

usually an onroad engine with larger head and rubber seal front bearing. not really sure a rally game class even exists anymore
Old 04-30-2022, 12:54 AM
Tech Lord

Rally is like GT. It is a buggy chassis style onroad. Actually the true Rallygame are belt driven cars and GT are shaft driven cars sharing the same dimensions and wheels/tires.
The used engines are somewhere in between offroad and onroad with their performance.
savage24x likes this.
Old 04-30-2022, 08:02 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Relof , that’s what I figured and why I found it attractive for my golf course drag race buggy lol , But with them recommending a 41015-17 manifold makes me wonder what the chassis looked like . If it wasn’t a typo and that motor needs an onroad manifold then it will do me no good since I have basically everyone on and off road Nova minus the Rally ones And the onroad manic wont fit in the buggy . I wonder if the new Nova could gimme some insight on this matter .
Old 04-30-2022, 08:06 AM
Tech Adept

This was from Gimar and was suppose to be a Mito 35 Rally 9, this 359 is from when .. 2007? Lol . Still waiting on a response from them so we can correct this matter .

Old 05-05-2022, 04:05 AM
Tech Adept

I run Mito 35 Rally 9. Basically it is the same engine as Mito 35 On-Road but with a bigger head for GT style chassis. Its mainly for belt driven Super GT class but if you have no restrictions to use a 5-port engine & 7mm venturi, you can use these "outlaw" GT engines on you regular GT chassis for max power.
Old 06-07-2022, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Cansoyl for the input , I was hoping it was based off the mito 35 with optimized timing to make as much power as possible w a Gt manifold... I've seen tons of dynos of onroad motors w 41032 manifolds and they never produced the power I'm searching for this application. So it has the same internals as the mito 35 WC? I guess it could be worse somehow since I have the mito 35wc in another rig so at least I now have spare internals lol. Really looking forward to what the new Nova has to offer for us.